Things surround disease

Jorgelui's profile photo   01/16/2013 4:31 p.m.

Hello!!
I celebrate that you have been good Jorgelui ... :)

About your question about staying in 6 units, it was simply a gradual adjustment until it reached that dose.There are days that I do anticipate a lot of physical activity during the day I wear one unity less, I stay in 5, but that minimum two I keep it, I will not get out of there.

From the moment they diagnosed me, I have assumed that I suffer diabetes and insulin is the means to control it, in addition to the diet and exercise, of course.

Greetings to all!

olmo's profile photo
olmo
01/21/2013 8:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

> said:
">
---------
Nature fixes a minimum of glucose in the body.
What is the probability of collapsing this mechanism and producing glucose overflow = & GT;ketones = & GT;Acidosis (Type 1)

Given this situation, natural insulin could solve something?

Before both glucose, there are 2 things that are proven:
- That insulin flow (even minimal) does not flow
- and that the exogenous suppresses the endogenous

Elm,
-----
About the situation of the fruit before the food should be known exactly, with which you combine it

A fruit + a starch (rice, legumes, spagueti)
This situation tends to slow down, generates a glycemic load that takes to go down

I understand that you use 6 of Lantus, and therefore the value below the reference goes through the medication
A light meal, does not represent a glycemic load of consideration

In type 1 diabetes there is no endogenous insulin.
All type 1 have to use insulin, in greater or lesser quantity.

Could you put any link that explains that exogenous insulin supplies the endogenous?
If possible from recognized medical publications.

The fruits have fructose, which becomes (digestion by) in sugars ... an apple of 200 grams raises the blood glucose 100 mg/dl
The fruit usually has a medium-high glycemic index, that is, it is quickly absorbed ... so what you say is not entirely true.

What slows down the absorption is the amidon ... which for type 2 is very good (necessary rather) and somewhat more debatable for type 1.

And to see if we carry good glycemic control, we must not exclusively look at basal fasting bloodAt night.

Hello

Owash,

On the issue of endogenous suppression (by the exogenous), in the issues related to peptide C levels that information is found

On the issue of absorption, we agree that there is a rapid absorption of the fruit, that is no doubt.
And precisely, I avoid mixing it with the starch because it slows down

If I drink an orange juice (2.5h after breakfast), at 30 min, I measure glucose and have not altered (or elevated, or slowed down)
If I mix it with a bread, it takes a good time to go down

The same goes for banana

A salad + protein (for example, chicken) and an apple ... slows it down

I consider that the result is a mixture of how long the digestive process takes + the effect of insulin + the basal you have accumulated

That is why I say that if the basal is not controlled, it is to get on a roller coaster
Sometimes I think that if diabetes plays dice ...

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
01/21/2013 11:24 a.m.

Hello !!
I celebrate that you have been good Jorgelui ... :)

About your question about staying in 6 units, it was simply a gradual adjustment until it reached that dose.There are days that I do anticipate a lot of physical activity during the day I wear one unity less, I stay in 5, but that minimum two I keep it, I will not get out of there.

From the moment they diagnosed me, I have assumed that I suffer diabetes and insulin is the means to control it, in addition to the diet and exercise, of course.

Greetings to all!

Hello good,

Elm,

Diabetes, is an excess of glucose produced by an event (failure) that alters metabolism.
If you revert the excess, the failure will always exist (no one is cured, it is chronic) and the line that separates the normal excess is so, but so
fine.

I consider that the key is to know if the exogenous insulin is really what it is, or if the diabetes sits every day to take the dice
If it is worth going through that via crucis of hypos, decompensations ... and without finding an answer

Or, if the alternative is simply to improve food and know that the failure will always be there

All the best

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
01/21/2013 11:33 a.m.

I consider that the key is to know if the exogenous insulin is really what it is, or if the diabetes sits every day to take the dice
If it is worth going through that via crucis of hypos, decompensations ... and without finding an answer

Or, if the alternative is simply to improve food and know that the failure will always be there

GREETING

I think we should not confuse things, type 2 can be controlled without medication at the beginning, with diet and exercise.Type 1 cannot, if we stop putting insulin we all know where we are going to finish;), with a good ketoacidosis and I do not feel like doing the test to prove it .... he ...
Olmo is in honeymoon and that's why he needs such a little insulin.If you take care of you will last longer the reserves but sooner or later it will need more insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/21/2013 12:20 p.m.

I think we should not confuse things, type 2 can be controlled without medication at the beginning, with diet and exercise.Type 1 cannot, if we stop putting insulin we all know where we are going to finish;), with a good ketoacidosis and I do not feel like doing the test to prove it .... he ...
Olmo is in honeymoon and that's why he needs such a little insulin.If you take care of you will last longer the reserves but sooner or later it will need more insulin.

If type 1 are very different.But recently at the University of Copenhagen, a boy was completely reversed by the DM1 removing the gluten of his diet (without being celiac).

Although of course a case is not very relevant, but there are several experimental products and therapies such as diapep277 that seem to lengthen the honeymoon and the destruction of islets in the new debutants.For these there are experimental therapies worldwide that seem to have a lot of success in young people recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

Unfortunately, the same does not happen with the veterans of the disease.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/21/2013 2 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sorry Jorgelui but I don't understand you.

I already know what C.
But it has nothing to do with what you said: "Exogenous insulin suppresses the endogenous"

The C peptide is segregated together with insulin in a proportion of 1: 1

Injecting exogenous insulin has no other effect on endogenous insulin.
So much so, that patients such as Olmo, on honeymoon, cannot be put out of exogenous fast insulin because their own insulin (already residual) continues to make their effect and cause hypoglycemia.
A minimal and tight dose of slow insulin to patients in honeymoon, preserves more time insulin production.
But they would use slow insulin in a very short time in peptide C would fall from levels, insulin did not occur and would overload the pancreas.

Similar occurs with certain cases of type2 diabetes.
After a long time to overexpress the pancreas with unhealthy food, little exercise ... Insulin injection allows the pancreas to "breathe" and not work so much, at that time you have to lower weight and acquire healthy behaviors;When it turns to stable glycemic values, insulin is no longer necessary because the pancreas is already adjusted to new levels of body weight, stable glycemia, adequate food ...

Although there are also cases of type 2 diabetes without obesity ... the damn genes.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/22/2013 3:43 a.m.

Sorry Jorgelui but I don't understand you.

I already know what C.
But it has nothing to do with what you said: "Exogenous insulin suppresses the endogenous"

The C peptide is segregated together with insulin in a proportion of 1: 1

Injecting exogenous insulin has no other effect on endogenous insulin.
So much so, that patients such as Olmo, on honeymoon, cannot be put out of exogenous fast insulin because their own insulin (already residual) continues to make their effect and cause hypoglycemia.
A minimal and tight dose of slow insulin to patients in honeymoon, preserves more time insulin production.
But they would use slow insulin in a very short time in peptide C would fall from levels, insulin did not occur and would overload the pancreas.

The honeymoon lasted me 1 month and I went home "cured" I hope for those times would have cook the peptide C and have put me slow insulin (I do not know if they would know what the peptide c is and if the slow insulin existed).
According to me when I entered again there was a mother of another child very happy because they told her, who had "cured" a child ago.To the poor mother the illusion lasted the little.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
01/22/2013 7:25 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.