{'en': 'Leave metformin?', 'es': '¿Dejar la metformina??'} Image

Leave metformin?

annasira's profile photo   01/20/2013 3:22 a.m.

Hello everyone!

I need your help, the endocrine has removed my metformin, I was taking half in the morning and a half at night.

During the day I have glycemia very well and at night too, the problem is after breakfast that always uploads a lot never lowers me from 200.

What do you advise me?

Thank you!

annasira's profile photo
annasira
01/20/2013 3:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It would be necessary to see glycosilada,
If you have gone down, you fulfill a food plan and exercise regularly it is possible that type 2 diabetes will remain at normal glycemic levels without needing pills.

What explanation has given you to take away metformin?
If you have not given you any explanation, you should return and ask.I imagine that it will have been the header.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/20/2013 5:34 a.m.

Hello,
Does the metformin take away a long time?
During all that time, your glycemia are normal, except after breakfast ... right ???
Exactly what breakfasts ???

In my experience, the first day of the treatment told me that I took a metformin at night, the next day I woke up drugged, unable to get up
I decided to take 1/2 pill every 24h, I was like that for 4 months, but understanding how food affects (glucose catch is very easy)
One day I tried a pinch of Nesquik, at 2h was in 190

Later I decided, leave the pill.I was afraid, fears, because you think that it can bounce you, that it can be out of control
For 15 days, after leaving the pill, around 4 in the afternoon I was lowered to 70

I consider that you have to have the food to consume very clear and the effect it has and obviously not consume sugars

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
01/20/2013 7:24 a.m.

hello!!!
I am operated on a bariatric surgery a year ago I follow a very strict diet with the hospital nutritionist that helps me control the amounts of proteins, hydrates and others.The DM2 was a consequence of my 136pats, on the last visit to the endocrine I had a glycosilada of 4.3 and it was he who took the metformin.During the day the glycemia are normal even after eating I did not pass 140 but at breakfast it shoots me. My breakfast consists of a glass of milk and 15gr of bread.Mysteries of the human body !!!

annasira's profile photo
annasira
01/20/2013 8:15 p.m.

Glycemia is usually triggered in those hours, it is when the body has more insulin resistance.
Maybe you could comment with your nutritionist and lower the hydrates a little at that time and try to do some exercise.

After bariatric surgery, the normal thing is not to need insulin or pills ... weight reduction is such that pancreas is already self -sufficient to control insulin needs

DiabetesForo
01/22/2013 3:57 a.m.

Thank you very much for your answers, after the initial paranoia that entered me when leaving the metformin call my endocrine
And I calmly calmly because he told me that the first days is normal to be a bit broken down
been insulin-dependent and take so much with the treatment.Today I still don't have a totally normal glycemia.
Thanks for your support and your answers.

annasira's profile photo
annasira
02/06/2013 12:38 p.m.

Annasira, although a time has passed since you put your message and possibly you have corrected those problems, I wanted to tell you about it.
In the "Diabetes" section of this forum, there is another comment with the name of "High Glycemia after breakfast", where I explain this circumstance that also happens to me.
I don't think your problem depends much on metformin.Simply, early in the day, either because of the so -called insulin resistance or any circumstance, glucose is triggered even with a minimum breakfast.Enough a little bread, sugar -free cookies or even fruit.You get up well, over 100 and you can go to 180 or 200 as you say.
Solution I have followed: do not have breakfast.My usual time to get up is 7.00.I am going to work without taking anything and when about two hours have passed, I start taking some cookie without sugar, or a yogurt, but not suddenly, I am very scripted by little for another two hours.
The danger seems to pass from eleven or twelve.At that time, foods are already assimilated without those rough climbs.
I hope you get it.All the best.

DiabetesForo
04/04/2013 3:34 a.m.

Annasira

I was reviewing your post and wanting to understand the whole situation;)

In July 2010 you start with insulin and metformin
In January 2012 they make you a gastric and continuous By-Pass with the same medication?

On what date, more or less take away insulin?
Then you stay alone with metformin, and until finally with nothing;))

If you want, you clarify a little how the treatment sequence has been

Thank you

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
04/06/2013 8:30 a.m.

DRA told me that I took the pills 2 times a day with the strongest meals.It is not really that you have a clock sometimes breakfast later than what is customary for what I take a pill at that time, and then I am practically until dinner late with the other dose.Until now after a good breakfast, what uploads to me is 180 as well as in one or two hours I am in 85-110.Another thing I do daily.That is proven low the levels

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
07/04/2018 5:33 p.m.

Until two months ago everything was going well, I was controlling my D2 at acceptable levels, less than 120 on an empty stomach, no hypo, but two months ago, without prior notice or knowing why, without changing food or exercise, I started having readingsFrom 177 on an empty stomach in the morning and during these two months I have not dropped me from those levels.I don't know what is happening.I take metformin with breakfast and I don't inject myself.I don't feel tired during the day and sleep well, is it a good sign, does it mean something?Nor did I feel more than the account and in the morning the reactive strip gives negative in terms of glucose in urine.Frankly, I don't know what to do.My header is limited to telling me to continue taking metformin.

Juan Filopon's profile photo
Juan Filopon
12/31/2018 1:03 p.m.

Very good morning, I was reading the case of Juan Filopon and it is exactly what happens to me I do not understand what I am going to take metformin at lunch and at dinner but glycemia does not lower me from 200 someone could help us with thatGRANKS FROM THE HEART GRCAIS .....

hugoj's profile photo
hugoj
01/26/2019 2:32 p.m.

Hello.Type 1 or type 2?Metformin attacks glucose, if you have too much blood glucose, it is possible that it does not make you greater effect and need insulin.Are you going through any disease?What was dinner and lunch?Do you exercise?Did you verify glucometer calibration?
Did you know that metformin has recently described as an "anti anging"? That is, as a medicine to help lose weight.It is contraindicated for kidney patients.You can take up to 2000 mg daily.
I use metformin, I'm t2
I do exercises and I take care of me, and occasionally sugar surprises me in high values, I have learned to interpret the result.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
01/27/2019 10:30 a.m.

Good I don't know what happens but if I had a lot

hugoj's profile photo
hugoj
01/28/2019 7:02 p.m.

Another thing I use the relationship glycometer I do not know how those devices are calibrated I have no idea, they are appreciated your information on how to calibrate it thanks again

hugoj's profile photo
hugoj
01/28/2019 7:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.