Glycemia

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/17/2013 2:30 p.m.

Good afternoon:
I have a question regarding the glycemia, since I started to prick, month and a half ago, the glycemia of eating normally do not go from 140 or so, except twice that I had 194 and 203, and the doctor seemed a lot and it seemed a lot andHe is thinking about also clicking on meals, but here I see that some get to have glycemia of almost 300 in some occasion and nothing happens, I am echoed with this, because the glycemia of 203 I know that it was a day that I ate aGood dish of macaroni, and the other I don't remember well, so I know that paste and rice in small quantities.
In the morning, none goes from 120 and after dinner I only had one of 167, the others between 80 and 100.
Before meals and dinners, I usually be between 80 and 100, but some days arrived with hiccups between 60 and 70.
I think I carry it pretty well, but I would like someone to clarify it, because with the panic I have to the needles, I would not like having to click also half a day, that the doctor is thinking about it and II tremble my legs every time I have to prick, I know that I will get used to my time, but for the moment even gut twists it gives me before the punctures of how nervous I wear.
Thanks for everything, I will put my doubts around here.

Alberto

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/17/2013 2:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The first thing is to see if you are type 1 or type 2.
Because things change a lot.
Your doctor should clarify it ... I even think that if not, he has clarified it is a reason for urgent consultation.

I presuppose what type 2 ... more than anything for age, although the fact of not being obese, a 400 peak that thinks that you can be type 1 and have put insulin from the beginning can also be symptomatic.
If you were type 2, it is possible that in a certain time you do not need insulin, the pancreas usually recovers a bit and could serve you some oral antidiabetic, of the many that exist today.

Humalog 25, has 25% ultra -shaped insulin (lasts about 3 hours) and 75% slow insulin (lasts up to 12 hours)

If you click in the morning and at night, it happens that noon food is "discovered", you have no outer ultra -grape insulin (that 25%), so it is quite coherent that you have high glucose peaks shortThe food.At breakfast and dinner, the insulin that you click acts immediately and controls what you eat.

In any case, the isolated peaks, not being good, we must assume that they will always exist ... In the long term you have to avoid very high glycems maintained over time.

Has your doctor told you about glycosylated hemoglobin?

DiabetesForo
02/17/2013 3:07 p.m.

Has your doctor told you about glycosylated hemoglobin?

No, you see that I have been diagnosed, the next day I will ask you, but tell me something about it, to be more informed.

DiabetesForo
02/17/2013 3:51 p.m.

Good afternoon:
I have a question regarding the glycemia, since I started to prick, month and a half ago, the glycemia of eating normally do not go from 140 or so, except twice that I had 194 and 203, and the doctor seemed a lot and it seemed a lot andHe is thinking about also clicking on meals, but here I see that some get to have glycemia of almost 300 in some occasion and nothing happens, I am echoed with this, because the glycemia of 203 I know that it was a day that I ate aGood dish of macaroni, and the other I don't remember well, so I know that paste and rice in small quantities.
In the morning, none goes from 120 and after dinner I only had one of 167, the others between 80 and 100.
Before meals and dinners, I usually be between 80 and 100, but some days arrived with hiccups between 60 and 70.
I think I carry it pretty well, but I would like someone to clarify it, because with the panic I have to the needles, I would not like having to click also half a day, that the doctor is thinking about it and II tremble my legs every time I have to prick, I know that I will get used to my time, but for the moment even gut twists it gives me before the punctures of how nervous I wear.
Thanks for everything, I will put my doubts around here.

Alberto

Alberto, I recommend these needles (anti-Spanish), eyes that do not see ....
It also happened to me at the beginning, I could be more than 10 minutes until I was clicking.In the end, that fear is surpassed, and you will click on unlikely places and situations in seconds, you will see ...

I leave you the link

You can buy them in the pharmacy, the price, on € 50, but at first it compensates to buy them until you get used to the punctures, and then you can go to conventional needles.
I encourage and greetings Alberto!:)

and to the rest of the forum !!:)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
02/17/2013 4:02 p.m.

I put a link on glycosylated hemoglobin:

DiabetesForo
02/19/2013 11:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.