Fasting glycemia

FRANCISCA's profile photo   03/07/2013 4:35 p.m.

GOOD NIGHT!
I expose my case to see who can tell me what to do ...
I wake up at 6 in the morning to go to work.If I do the test I usually be between 120 170 or less.I play to work and look at my sugar before breakfast (8.30h).Why do I look twice?Because interestingly glycemia rises up to 250 or less without doing anything .... I put insulin lantus about 22.30h (8 units) My Lantus requirement is very little.I have tried to get more insulin lantus but then I spend all day having hypoglycemia-
My endocrine told me to try to eat something without hydrates at 6h.When I wake up to fool the organism ... but I do not solve anything.If I get more lantus at night we are the same, well I can even earn some hiccups about 3 in the morning .... what can I do? "?"!?!?!?!My glycosilada is 9.5 and the truth is that I have to remedy this.During the day I know that I can control it by putting the correct insulin and eating what pertifies me, but what happens to me in the mornings dislodged a lot.That at breakfast this tall implies that for much of the morning it is still high.
Let's see if you can help me ... Thank you !!!

FRANCISCA's profile photo
FRANCISCA
03/07/2013 4:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Francisca,

You remember, the first day you started the treatment, at what level of glucose you were?

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
03/07/2013 4:54 p.m.

Hello Francisca!
Hey one thing, you do not refer to you put a quick insulin, only Lantus;On the other hand it seems strange to me that your endocrine has not told you that from 6 in the morning, not in all, there is a secretion of hormones that raise blood glucose, more or less it is so, it is known as the phenomenon of theAlba, and it is very difficult to control and more with the Lantus, if you had a continuous insulin infusion pump it would be easier ... On the other hand, a hemo of 9 is not only due to those glycemia of 8.30 in the morning, I tell you from my own experience ... I am an artist in we have bad: Mrgreen: Anyway, and somewhat altite glycemia at 6 in the morning ... I would put an insulin of intermediate action at the 6 thatI supply that glycemic peak but logically this must be adjusted to you the endocrine !!!The hyper are paid in the long term! You should not be so afraid of hypoglycemia, although you also have to avoid them, of course:-/
I feel if I have not been able to help you much.: D

Ros's profile photo
Ros
03/07/2013 5:14 p.m.

Look I woke up with high levels like 250 or m woke up well and m subia, 1 single doctor M said that the night the food correct it with 1 or 2 units of fast bone bone reduced the amount of insulin and my levels lowered not always the increases is xHaving little insulin sometimes if we have more the fourth to defend makes the sugar upload, look if T puts a little less at night and on the day late night night put a little more fast ... but change the schedule of theslow

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
03/07/2013 5:52 p.m.

Good morning!!!

I didn't expect such fast answers !!!thank you so much!!!!
I forgot to say that I get a noirpid three times a day, before each meal.Yes, the truth is that only with high glycemia I did not reach a glycosilada of 9.6 ... but I am putting the batteries and what I cannot control are the values ​​of before breakfast.My endocrine if he told me about the phenomenon of Alba, but he told me to try to eat something at 6 to see if he improved.I had thought of putting the insulin at 6, but until the time of food they would be too many hours without putting insulin.
When did I start the treatment do you mean when I debuted?11 years ago and was 13 !!!!!My best glycosilada went to get pregnant that I got 6.9 !!!Now I would love to see a 6 !!!!

Thank you very much again to everyone and that you have a good day !!!

We continue in contact, it is very helpful !!!!!!!!!!!

FRANCISCA
03/08/2013 2:02 a.m.

Good noon !!: D
I am very attentive with your case because I also happened to me, I corrected it by putting the bomb that allows me to put a little more basal in that time section and get more or less good to breakfast, ... but well that is another topic, to what I am also thinking that in order not to hit you many more punctures, you could delay the lantus at 24 hours so you put the same insulin and the only thing you would arrive more high at dinner that you could later correct with the novorapid, I suppose thatThey have proposed it to you and that the fact that you get up so much !!!Well, it will not be very good to put it at 24 but it could be another option, you take something before going to bed? A glass of milk would be able to keep the metabolism "quieter" during the night ....:-/
Well remember "that there are no diabets but diabetics" well, that we all have the basics, but in the adjustments each body is a world !!!
Courage and tell us

Ros's profile photo
Ros
03/08/2013 8:22 a.m.

The same thing happened to me and until the bomb put me there was no shape.I would increase the lantus a bit to get up a little more just.I don't know what time you wear the lantus, but I would wear it just before going to bed to see if you get up more fair and avoid hypers during the day

tica's profile photo
tica
03/08/2013 1:22 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

You can get fast insulin when you get up, and eat something before leaving home, calculate what you can eat so as not to be high later.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/09/2013 1:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello again!Insulin Lantus I have between 22,30.30h.Ceno.Super soon,.I will try to put it around 24 ..... and to see if. The values ​​that I have now about 6 with them have them around 8 in the morning.Since the last visit with me.
Thank you so much!!!!

FRANCISCA
03/09/2013 4:44 p.m.

Certainly, as I commented on another issue that opened a little further back, in the morning many diabetics have it complicated, without it being easy to control that excess.For example, I go to bed with an acceptable level and in the morning I have about 20 or 30 points above.And you say well, that if you increase the lantus, then hypoglycemia come.
Try to try some exercise before bedtime, about 15 minutes, for example static bicycle.That can influence perhaps, at least it gives me a good result.And as I also commented, I have no choice but to avoid breakfast and slowly start ingesting some food when two hours have passed at least since I get up.
Good luck and encouragement.All the best.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/10/2013 10:10 p.m.

Very good !!!

I tell you, I was a while entering to work in the morning so early and they gave me both descents and ups.My endocrine at the time I indicated that we cannot be more than an hour and a half since we get up until we put the insulin, if you get up at 6 insulin as late you should put it on the seven thirty and a half as veryafternoon and there is a first breakfast, a milk base with a pair of marias cookies or something and then more about mid -morning make your breakfast with your toast or your little bread.To me the truth that did well ...

All the best.

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
03/11/2013 10:24 a.m.

Good morning,
I have a visit in my endocrine on Friday and I will tell him what some of you said, and that I had already planned to do.I will put the insulin before and eat a glass of milk and cookies, when I arrive mid -morning I will make a small sandwich.I will explain how such !!!
The rest of the day I'm better, much better !!!!I have a glycemic of 9.6 and this cannot be.Ah, also tell you that as this last analytical has come out soooaaaaan badcheer up...!!!!I have not done too much case, at most I am taking homeuathopathy and I am doing yoga classes that are fabulously !!!!!And I walk ... that before I did nothing ... This of having a little one takes me crazy and the typical I dedicate more time to him than to me ... but now I am compensating and I do things for my well -being !!!!
I thank you again because this via is being very useful and your advice too !!!!!
Have a good day !!!

FRANCISCA
03/11/2013 11:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.