Cooperative for Diabetes

neko's profile photo   04/03/2013 6:57 a.m.

Well I wanted to open to debate if you believe if it would be viable in Spain and in autonomy to create one or several specialized diabetes cooperatives?And if you think it is viable, how many would you be in favor?, the idea has emerged since every day we are more people that cost us to reach the end of the month and how expensive the medications are, and the absence of interest to the diabetics by the partOf administrations, etc ..., the danger of our health system, how expensive foods are, etc ..., are a cluster of things that surely we are worried about.

It would be good to know the opinion of experts on the subject, I only raise it as a patient and citizen.:)

neko's profile photo
neko
04/03/2013 6:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In the short term I would see it as a solution for the issue of consumables for continuous meters.

To much lesser extent for the issue of bombs that are not marketed in Spain (Omnipod, Tandem T) ... It would be necessary to see the issue of marketing permits, and I do not think the market is very large.

medium/long term reactive strips could be insufficient or very expensive, from public health ... although at this time for type 2 there are almost no strips ..

In the Valencian Community we are the ones we pay most for the reactive strips 2.26 € per recipe ... it is impossible for them to leave the patient, if it is purchased through a cooperative
The same could be said of insulin, now we pay € 4.20, right now there is no more possibilities to get it cheaper than that ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/03/2013 12:21 p.m.

If the cooperative refer to an entity that buys material for us the diabetics, forget.The law no longer allows us or that.For example, we in our association ( www.asvidia.org ) We sold to our associates material: strips, meters, etc., at cost price.But the regulations that try to separate "for our good" to pharmaceuticals of the patients extended even more, and also restricted that possibility;to buy material.We can no longer buy material, we cannot have those companies as advertisers in our magazine, they cannot sponsor us anything ... but they can go to health centers, and as Pedro for their home, do what they please with doctors;Pay them congresses here and in China ... pay them training ... Anyway, what am I going to tell you that you don't know?I do not say that all that is objectively bad.What I complain is about the contact between the pharmaceutical industry and associations, for example.It is not fair to see what happens on the other side of the glass.By the way, have you seen "saved" right now?It was about the pharmaceutical industry.The program has been quite lazy, but well, interesting to see that someone talks about this.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/07/2013 6:06 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The new pharmaceutical strategy is to sell the product to patients and that these are those who demand certain medication ... that this the good of J.Evole has not spoken anything.

In general, patient associations receive information, recommendations, training, inscriptions to congresses and gifts from the pharmaceutical industry.
The law is skipped in the same way that they do with doctors.
That is undeniable.It has always been and right now.
In a lot of less than doctors and nurses, of course.

You just need to see Fede's website and see the advertisers.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/07/2013 6:25 p.m.

If I made a cooperative-association, it would be very cane, type of stops, a network of affected that support each other, which for example Juanita gives two strips when he needs 7, then complains where appropriate, of dispatchIn office, and insistence until it is achieved.I have had to fight something for my son's situation, I miss that, someone who really supported you and defended, not a kind of mediator between the two parts.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/09/2013 2:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.