My need for insulin is reducing

fraders's profile photo   04/08/2013 1:59 p.m.

Hi Mocachada, I'm 30 years old and I have been in and a half since I debuted in type1 diabetes.I carry it well controlled and so far my need for insulin has been climbing little by little.Until less than a month ago my dose were 12 from Lantus, and 2, 5, 5 of Novorapid.Suddenly my need has been reduced day by day with the consequent downspouts, until reaching 5 lantus, and 0, 2, novorapid, even less than at the beginning.I do not know if it is normal and it is a esteror of my pancreas that pushes before disappearing or, by miracle you are recovering.The dowers are authentic so I rule out that the analysis machine is damaged.
I don't know if it happened to you and you can give me an approximate reason for what it can be.

Greetings and thank you very much

fraders's profile photo
fraders
04/08/2013 1:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Have you lost weight?
Do you exercise more?
Have you modified some food?I imagine you still consuming carbohydrates

very normal is not, of course
The normal thing is that insulin reserves are gradually consumed (the honeymoon always ends)
What does your endocrine think?
Perhaps you could compare the peptide C to the debut with which you have now, and so see what reservations you have ...

Another possibility is that you are badly diagnosed and have lada, instead of type 1
Putting insulin during this time would have "protected" you to squeeze the pancreas to the maximum and now it has resumed its operation

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/08/2013 3:59 p.m.

Hi Owash, I haven't fond of weight or exercise than the one I did before.The food has varied a bit especially the schedules because I am in Central Europe but I still eat hydrates, in fact I did a test eating more pasta of the usual 2 more rations and gave me the descent.

I have an appointment with the endocrine the next one but I think I will try to advance it because it seems quite strange and I have not found anyone who has happened to him.

As for ladHealthy that a normal person .... In any case in the diagnosis I had my army of antibody matacélulas Beta so I suppose there is no turning back.

Thanks for the answer

fraders's profile photo
fraders
04/08/2013 4:16 p.m.

Hi Fraders,

Your case is very curious.I wanted to ask you a question: Have you ever put yourself so little fast?
I started with 2-3-3 and now I have 3-3-5, but I can't imagine to make a meal without clicking and not going on 200.

You will already inform us of your evolution.

Greetings!

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
04/16/2013 8:07 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

It is happening to me more or less the same, but I have lowered some weight (2kilos) and I am exercising.
The other day I was quite surprised because before exercising I was 215 and you can not finish the class because it went down to 60 and I did not make so much effort, and if I exercise at night you cannot prick because if I do not run outgoing down.
A health

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
04/19/2013 11:22 a.m.

Hi Fladers,

I am 20 years old and type 1 diabetes diagnosed since 14, and something similar happens to me, only I think worse.

I am a swimmer and training for competition, I have been swimming since I was 4 years.In the 6 years that I have been swimming, nothing had happened to me, I had it very well controlled (HBA1C 5.8%).

Keep in mind that my insulin needs change daily (although not much) (training is not always the same and on Sundays there is rest), but I have always done this and is more than controlled.

For a month or so, they started giving me low in training (considerable dowers), without changing weight, food, etc.A few days later, diabetes was out of no meaning: I got up tall (+ 200) and then throughout the day they gave me dirts over and over again, always around 50-60, outside the quick effect (Novorrapid).We verified that there was no "rebound" effect at night, to rule out that "the slow (Lantus) was very high."

Anyway, we decided to lower the Lantus along with some novorrapid, to reduce those critical downs.
For training, when this was not happening to me, I had a strong (6 portions) and put me 2-3 units of fast, so I could normally end the training normally, but now I go without insulin to train and give me lows inAll training about 40-50 minutes to start (I usually train from 1h 45 min to 2 hours).

The Lantus has been practically reduced by half, even having lowered physical activity (downturn in all training).The rapid has also diminished something, but not so much.

I continue to get up generally high, while throughout the day they usually give me downs;And for you to get an idea of ​​the problem, to go to the last training I got 10 portions in the snack, and even so: let me down, about 45 minutes to start. I also have to say that hemoglobin has risen me to6.3%.

I am considering stopping training a season, since I do not go to the pool so that I always give me a low.

Greetings

100potru's profile photo
100potru
12/11/2016 12:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.