Estevia plant

marigu's profile photo   04/17/2013 5:06 a.m.

Hello I have read on the Internet that the plant of the Estevia takes it in infusion helps to regulate the blood sugar, the link passed, and I would like to know your opinion and if someone has tried that it has gone.

thank you so much.

Link ... Anta-dulce

greetings

marigu's profile photo
marigu
04/17/2013 5:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have dry at home, if I try the infusions I will tell it here.

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
04/17/2013 8:29 a.m.

I understand that it is a substitute for sweeteners such as saccharin or aspartamo, which is healthier, however, I have no record of improving glucose control.Does anyone have more information?

fer's profile photo
fer
04/17/2013 8:30 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have no record, but I had already heard it.See if I try and tell you.

cabronias
04/17/2013 8:36 a.m.

I don't have strips to check whether it is done or not, until I do the glycosilada I do not know whether it takes effect or not ... but I will prove it to have such ...

marigu's profile photo
marigu
04/17/2013 8:40 a.m.

I have Estevia to buy white dust in the day, marketed by Spanish sugar, I sincerely do not like, since he sweetens my liking less than sugar or saccharin.
I have heard of Stevia very well, and also in read very good comments on the Internet about it, as I have also read that the chumbera plant (it has another name in Mexico that I do not remember now) helps much to level the levels ofBlood glucose, just as Aloe Vera does (I do not know the results, since I give me grimo to have to eat a plant of these such jelly)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/17/2013 11:08 a.m.

I spend a link: <!= tw "

If we compare any sweetener with table sugar we can conclude that improves the level of blood glucose, obviously.
This is of a perogrullo that throws towards Alcas.

By themselves, nor aspartame, nor cyclamate, nor Estevia, reduce blood glucose.
That is not demonstrated, nor do I believe that they are demonstrated, because they have no hypoglycemic power and in the best case (in the maximum assumption), you would have to ingest such a large amount that perhaps you would get intoxicated, yes, the blood glucose would lower you:Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
04/17/2013 12:03 p.m.

I had a plant that died during the winter.It was fine to make tea and little else.As sweetener in pills, its flavor throws me back.

DiabetesForo
04/18/2013 4:57 a.m.

Hello!

I buy an organic blue boat in the Veritas.I use it to sweeten teas and other drinks.Eye with the stevias that sell around.There is a lot of bully because in the large boats they sell in supermarkets they only carry between 1-4% of Estevia, the rest of the volume is sweetener.That is to say that they are giving us cat for hare.A 25% purity Estevia of this purity sweetens a lot with a very little quantity.I take a little with the tip of the spoon and with that I already sweetened a cup of tea.He does not know how sugar, it is a different sweetness but I can't find anything unpleasant.

On the influence on glycemia ... I don't know ... I have taken it for a few months and I wouldn't know what to say ... worse does not get worse, that sure.The big advantage that I see is that it is a natural sweetener, compared to the rest of artificial products.In Japan he is the only authorized sweetener for use in the food industry.

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
04/18/2013 8:53 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

In the association they came from a company to give us some samples of Estevia in drops as sweetener ... and the first time I used it was to sweeten a strawberry shake a few days ago.I read the instructions and puts that 4 droplets are equivalent to a teaspoon of sugar.I say ... ok.Strawberries are acidic and I am sweets, so 12 drops (3 teaspoons of sugar).I miss my 12 drops ... I try ... Redios !!The hair of end of the arm.Okay.Strawberries will be more acidic than normal.I echo another 4 ... I try ... the Virgin !!This time also tips the hairs of the head.Disorder and boring, I miss another 8 (two more teaspoons).I try ... ostipendia !!He no longer had hairs to put themselves up.Already pissed off, I take a few more drops, and when I already had the equivalent of about 15 teaspoons of sugar, I try again.Blessed copon of God !!!Then I got up, I took the fucking stevia, threw it in the trash, I took two of my individual sweetening overlap of those that I usually buy (like the ones that give you in the cafes), I threw ... and by Finnnn !!!!That already knew sweet at once.

I attest that those strawberries were normal.The next milkshake I took the next day with the same strawberries only required 2 sweetening overlaps that I use.

Conclusion, I don't want to know anything about Estevia:-D

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/22/2013 6:01 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I spend the Stevia spoke is the plant itself.Dry the leaves, the crushes ..... and that sweetens the milk.Nothing that you put an infusion is sweet. With a bag of leaves that Triture I think I am for fifteen years ... :)) :)) :))

cabronias
04/25/2013 4:35 a.m.

Hello!

I have ever tried the Shaft it, but it is commented that 1 gram of pure Estevia is equivalent to about 380 grams of sugar.The boat I have is 25% purity and in the boat it sets that the equivalence is 1 gram is equivalent to 50 grams of sugar.In practice I would say that these equivalences are a bit exaggerated, but Gondrullo can assure you that if you had thrown out of the good "to your strawberries, you would have found them well sweet.By the way, I give them a little lemon juice over strawberries and then stevia.

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
04/26/2013 9:03 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.