They are going to put a continuous meter

campanilla's profile photo   04/19/2013 11:28 a.m.

Hello, they have called me today from the hospital and they have told me that on Monday they are going to put a continuous meter for a week, it is not very funny since I do not do how I can exercise swim and all those things and how it is put on or anythingIf you could explain a little as I appreciate it.
sorry for my ignorance and on top of Pillao like that from Sopeton because they told me to put it to put it but of this almost two years ago.
A health

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
04/19/2013 11:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Swimming I don't think, although they say it's submersible I don't think they advise you to swim for a long time, another thing is to shower that you can do it without problems
Exercise you can do, it doesn't bother anything.

I imagine that the continuous meter that will give you will be the "blind", presumably this: Link ... pro-2.html

The pot it measures the glycemia about 250 times a day and collect all the information in a file.
After 1 week the endocrine or the nurse will download that information and analyze it
You have no chance of seeing your blood glucose with that device

You will have to calibrate it several times a day by making normal glycemias with the glucometer

Putting the sensor should not be annoying or painful, although perhaps the nurse can put some local cream (emla or similar)
The biggest problem may not be released because although the adhesive is very strong, sweat or water can take it off.

He hides very well with clothes, there is no major problem in that

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/19/2013 12:46 p.m.

Muxas thanks for the information, I carry 4 days with him and I am even the noses of the little pot and hehe I think he has put it very down or very in the middle that bothers me for everything (open my pants to make adomers to bow me ...hehe) what I still do not see is the logic that this has because I believe that in a week nothing is seen when we talk about a disease that is forever because there are seasons that you are better and others worse then I do not find any logicaxis
A health

campanilla
04/25/2013 12:02 p.m.

Hi, I wanted to ask a question that the meter has been taken away from me but I have not been called nor have they called me or told me if nothing is wrong and it was to know if they have to call me or something or already burned my next revision (October) They don't tell me anything.
all the best

campanilla
05/15/2013 12:42 p.m.

They should call you anymore .... It makes no sense to make you 1 continuous meter for 1 week and do not see you again up to 5 months later.
You call, who has been forgotten ...

The results of the meter are aimed at adjusting the insulin doses ... but they adjust them to October, because you will tell me ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/16/2013 3:25 a.m.

After almost 3 months waiting for the results and after calling 50 times, my mother approached the hospital to ask what was happening and the only thing they told her was that they had happened to them .....
They told me that they called me this week and we are on Friday and I called me.
so I am waiting for them to call me
all the best

campanilla
07/05/2013 7:39 a.m.

Do you know if there is any that help prevent glycemia?Because what left the clock years ago was a hoax, right?

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
08/19/2013 8:44 a.m.

I guess you mean glycowatch, I buy it, and I can tell you that it was not going well, I had a lot of values ​​compared to the classic glucose meter.

On the other hand, now there are continuous meters that work very well! I am using the dexom G4 and I am delighted with life, the results with the classic meter quite stable and tell you the glucose tendency (if it is going to rise or lower), alsoIt has alarms for when you are tall or low, come on, nothing to do with the Glucowatch, a wonder!:-)

fer's profile photo
fer
08/19/2013 9:41 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

But I imagine they are very expensive, right?I had my sugar well controlled but since I am pregnant this looks like a circus and the truth is that I fear for the baby's health or even the possibility of losing it.

laurita11977
08/19/2013 10:31 a.m.

Anyway, do you know any normal and current glucometer that marks trends?

laurita11977
08/19/2013 11:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.