II National Surgery Day Obesity and Surgery Diabetes

vanechuli's profile photo   05/03/2013 3:39 p.m.

Tomorrow, May 4, the II Conference of Patients are celebrated to Diabetes's Obesity and Surgery Surgery patients
More info in

<!

Kisses

Vanesa Millan

vanechuli's profile photo
vanechuli
05/03/2013 3:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Diabetes is not operated

And I don't say it, the Spanish society says Diabetes:

Metabolic surgery is indicated in patients with obesity (with an BMI greater than or equal to 35 kg), especially if diabetes or its complications are difficult to control with changes in lifestyle and pharmacological treatment

Surgical procedures constitute an effective and effective/effective treatment measure in cases where excess fat plays an important role.
In diabetic patients with normal or lightweight weight, the results of medium and long term surgery are uncertain and insufficient. ”

1.-Type 2 diabetes is not cured, nor is the remission of diabetes in 100% of cases with bariatric surgery.Diabetes remission rates are minor when the diagnosis of this disease exceeds 10 years, the patient receives insulin treatment and there is evidence of low pancreatic reserve.

2. Type 2 diabetes can go into remission with surgery, but it is very important to individualize the cases, the type and duration of diabetes and the patient's surgical risk, as well as advise well about the type of surgery.

3. It seems clear that the lower the evolution of diabetes, and minors are the complications of it, the greater the remission rate seems.

4.- Uncertainty about its long-term results.

5.- Surgery is a risk with risk, which requires subsequent follow-ups, dramatically modifies food tolerance and almost always requires a subsequent pharmacological treatment.

I agree with the thirst in which sensational holders must be cut off at the root, they lead to patients and create authentic problems with professionals.

If any person reads this and the operation is raised, which is reported well.
Not everything is pink.
Complications can be serious and have precisely a low incidence.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/05/2013 1:19 p.m.

If it is operated, and I personally know many former operated conditions, in fact in the days we have various former experiences who told their experience, which if they have to be clicking every day every day is currently not punctuated or taken byNormal indices, anyway, the link of the website of the days in which you can see what we did that day and proximally we will hang videos of patients who contributed their case and how the diabetes surgery solved their problem completely

PS: That at the moment it does not want to be recognized it does not mean that it is not true, in that sense there is a conflict of interest, if they began to operate it by the SS it would be greatly that the SS could not even assume, and hiding itAvoiding that expense and that the laboratories continue to have profits thanks to the diabetics, and this reality is real, and if I share this with you it is because I have been participating and shared and I have seen how many people have healed thanks to thisSurgery, people who were sentenced for life to be clicking 5 and 6 times a day, with glycemias from 200 to 300 and that a few days in the operation no longer had to prick each other and who can even carry a normal diet withSweets included, it is a shame that there are people who do not want to open their eyes in this regard, but hey, my only purpose is to help and inform as affected on the one hand and because I have friends who have been cured.
I am operated because I had morbid obesity, and what is true that if you operate with qualified and experienced medical equipment, the percentage of complications is the same as if you operate appendicitis, in fact the surgery that is practiced to theThat they are already exdiabetics have an intake of normal food, in fact I as a quantity as before and I have been operated for 6 years and still in my ideal weight.

Thank you for reading me, anyway if someone wants to contact people operated on diabetes surgeHalf an hour of Quirofano makes you cure and avoid the future problems that eventually causes diabetes

vanechuli
05/05/2013 9:42 p.m.

Type 1 diabetes is not operated.
Lada type diabetes is not operated.

Type 2 diabetes is not cured, it refers, if the overweight returns type 2 diabetes.

Most people with type 2 diabetes do not have the appropriate requirements to practice surgery as aggressive as that and that is effective.
It is true that there are a group of affected, with specific characteristics that can benefit from surgery.
But nothing more.

Generalize, as you are doing, about the "diabetics" can be cured thanks to an operation is an opinion that is script.

or rectify the last message you have put or the moderators will erase this thread to induce confusion.

DiabetesForo
05/06/2013 1:36 a.m.

The only thing I can rectify from my message and in that I do not take my reason, is that it is in cases of type II with obesity, that you do not want to say that it "cures", well we change the word A "solves"If you think it's good, then it should also be mentioned that depending on surgical technology it is possibleThe jugortive component in which it is possible to sabotage the operation and there are many cases in which they re -fat that a Biliopancreatic or gastroileal bypass, in which if there is a jet component and in which it is possible to adapt it depending on the weight of each patient, andObviously not all cases can be operated and must be valued and indicated by a medical team.
But that does not take away so that this information is available to patients, although there were only 1% of patients in whom they could benefit would be enough to inform that this possibility exists.
Of all I pass the link in my case where you can also see that it is real that I know many operated Link

I feel the confusion, but at no time I have tried to grate the scam ... thing that is not so ...

vanechuli
05/06/2013 9:26 a.m.

And well, I want to contribute something else and this is published in Seedo, .....

Link ... fault.aspx

Consensus signed by several scientific societies ... SEEDO AND DRY, and this is the last thing of last, consensus signed a little over a month ago ... and in this one it says that type II diabetes can be reduced totally or partially, and I do not invented ... and as I have said before, I am witnessing it for several years ..

vanechuli
05/06/2013 1:52 p.m.

What boredom
I spend the day opening the eyes to the people who believe in good faith that there is surgery that heals diabetes.
On Facebook they announce it like this, with all the nose.And there are parents with type 1 children who ask for the information hopeful.

You are some Cantamañanas scoundrels, which you only look for the pasta.
Your surgery is a huge risk and a possibility of improving symptoms or temporary remission in a very small number of obese patients.

Embusteros and, for me, criminal.
I don't know why we have not erased this thread.

DiabetesForo
05/23/2013 8:49 p.m.

Well, if there is 1% type 2 that can benefit, better they know and that they are well informed.

I think the message to be transmitted is that there is 1 possibility of improvement for a small group of type 2 patients.
What cannot be reported in the middle and hence much of what is advertised (Doctor Resa and others) is easily cataloged as misleading advertising.

And for thirst to take out that statement, imagine that of consultations of parents, mothers, youth and desperate people who will have gone to their endocrine with the news ... and they will have left more depressed than they were before.

I think it is better to discuss it to erase it, because there are arguments.

DiabetesForo
05/24/2013 3:35 a.m.

Dr. Resa operated me and is an excellent professional.I owe him life.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
07/14/2014 6:16 p.m.

It seems good that we try to inform and clarify the situations, for that we write here;But the existence of metabolic surgery cannot be denied.In fact in the article of the Congress of the Spanish Society of Diabetes of Seville of 2013 it is denied that diabetes is operated;But it is admitted that there is surgery that can solve the overweight type 2 diabetes.This is metabolic surgery and for people to understand what it is, diabetes surgery is usually called.For surgeons these are very common and known terms for years.To say "Diabetes is not operated" is a tantrum.Obviously, diabetes itself is not operated, the digestive system is operated to cause metabolic changes aimed at treating diabetes.

On metabolic surgery, it is spoken in many Congress, every year, throughout the world.
In the last Congress of the Spanish Society of Diabetes of Pamplona held from April 3 to 5, 2014 on day 4 there was a conference on metabolic surgery.( Link
In the next Congress of the Spanish Society of Diabetes of Valencia that will be held from April 15 to 17, 2015 on the 17th at a table called "Clinical Studies of high impact : possible clinical implications" will be givenA talk entitled " Surgery or lifestyle changes with intensive medical treatment in the treatment of DM2 ".( Link have to read and understand the meaning of this: "High Impact" "Surgery ... in the treatment of DM2".Metabolic surgery or "diabetes surgery", to understand us, is there and has many implications.

If this surgery is not known more or has not developed anymore, in our country, it is because the public system has not applied it openly.Be careful about what is said about surgeons.There are some, such as one who is named here, who has worked hard to boost this surgery, for trying to unite the opinions of experts and be able to benefit patients with it.Since 2005, he has been meeting with endocrinologists and professors of endocrinology in sessions to define the needs and limits of surgery.In fact, it was the promoter of the 2013 consensus document that was appointed in the Congress of the Spanish Diabetes Society and is the member of Metabolic Diseases and Surgeries of the Spanish Society of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases and promoter ofA National Diabetes Surgery Registry.

If an endocrinologist, supposedly, with a 7 -day medical treatment, similar to an antibiotic, for example, solve some diabetes controlling blood glucose and leaving the medication patients, do you think would use it?Sure would you defend it?Sure.Well, this happens to surgeons: they know some interventions many years ago and thinking about the benefit of patients see fraud to science and society do not apply them in the indicated cases.Call surgery as you want;But it is surgery indicated for the treatment of diabetes, which is different that the indication of the treatment of obesity.No one has said that the patient should not be studied well, or indicate well, or inform well, or operate well, or control postoperatively, etc.etc

DiabetesForo
02/08/2015 10:52 a.m.

Here I put a comment from an article by Dr. Rubino, the most influential doctor in Metabolic Surgery (Diabetes) of the world, appeared in BariatricNews.Anyone who wants to understand something about metabolic or diabetes surgery should read this.

What is "metabolic surgery"?

After his recent work that has helped define "metabolic surgery" as a broader specialty that covers bariatric surgery, Dr. Francesco Rubino argues that the term better reflects the objectives and mechanisms of surgery and could improve access toSurgery for those who need it most.

Bariatric surgery, of Greek "baros" that mean "weight", is synonymous with weight loss surgery.However, the benefits and mechanisms of gastrointestinal procedures extend beyond weight loss, questioning the suitability of a name and practice entirely based on weight reduction.

In the last five years, the term "metabolic surgery" has become increasingly popular.However, despite the popularity of the nomenclature, a clear definition of metabolic surgery has not been established.

In 2002, we have suggested that gastrointestinal surgery could be used with the primary intention to treat type 2 diabetes, "diabetes surgery."The idea derives not only from the notable clinical effects of bariatric surgery on diabetes, but also the recognition that the gastrointestinal tract is an important player in the regulation of glucose homeostasis.Research shows that the mechanisms of action of bariatric procedures have metabolic effects, not only mechanical, provided scientific support for the surgical treatment of type 2 diabetes. The idea has gained acceptance after a reference point "Diabetes Surgery "in 2007, two world congresses dedicated to the statements of positioning in this regard and several of different organizations, in particular the International Diabetes Federation in 2011.

"Metabolic" and "Diabetes Surgery", however, often refers incorrectly as a surgical approach to the treatment of diabetes in patients with low body mass index.These are the imprecise definitions since they represent, at most, only two potential applications of metabolic surgery, not its defining characteristics.So far, these terms have been used in this way so that the general population of doctors and patients can understand what we are trying.

In fact, surgical disciplines are never defined by specific procedures, much less by BMI ranges;Rather, the definition and names of surgical subspecialties depend on the organ system whose anatomy is modified by the surgeon (as in neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, gastrointestinal surgery) and / or by the diseases that one intends to treat (such asin endocrine surgery).

To help define the discipline of metabolic surgery / diabetes, it was investigated whether the name and, by inference, the main intention of surgery can influence critical aspects of patient care, regardless of the use of new procedures or operate in patientsNot obese.

A "Metabolic Surgery Program" other than the "Bariatric Surgery Service" has been recently established in an American academic medical center.The two programs differ by their declared objectives, but offer the same procedures and the use of identical eligibility criteria in patients with morbid obesity.This unusual situation offered a unique opportunity to compare metabolic and bariatric surgery.

Compared to surgery cohortBariatric, the group of metabolic surgery in our study was greater, had a more balanced man / woman, showed a greater incidence of type 2 diabetes, hypertension, dyslipemia, greater cardiovascular risk and cardiovascular disease established at the beginning of the study.

These findings suggest that the name and, by inference, the intention of metabolic surgery / diabetes can induce reasons and perceptions of risks and benefits, which increases the number of patients seeking surgery for medical reasons, instead of physical problemsor concerns related to the body image of patients.

The substantial changes in the demographic and clinical characteristics of surgical candidates have deep repercussions in terms of patient expectations, the definition of success of treatment, preoperative evaluation and diagnosis, choice of procedure, postoperative care and follow -up, multidisciplinary knowledgeand the composition of the attention team.These are the defining aspects of clinical care that characterize metabolic surgery / diabetes as a new surgical subspecialty, different from traditional bariatric surgery.

Based on the result of this study, it is proposed to define metabolic surgery as "a set of gastrointestinal operations used with the intention of treating diabetes (" diabetes surgery ") and metabolic dysfunctions (which include obesity)."

Given the important implications for patient care, standard use, gastric bypass to treat type 2 diabetes in patients with BMI greater than 35 "Metabolic surgery / diabetes" no "bariatric surgery" should be considered.This means that, contrary to common erroneous perceptions, the age of majority of metabolic surgery requires immediate attention to medical and public education, in addition to important changes in health policies.

In fact, in patients with an BMI above 35 the surgical treatment of diabetes is now recommended by practically all professional organizations and is already covered by most public and private health providers.However, less than 2% of these patients in the US and much less in other countries, have access to surgery.Erroneous concepts of the risks and benefits of surgical treatment, possibly encouraged by the name and implicit objectives of bariatric surgery, can act as a barrier to access to this surgery.

The use of a name that better reflects the objectives and mechanisms of surgery can be the first step in the direction of improving access to surgery for those who need it.

DiabetesForo
02/14/2015 11:19 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.