What has worst about diabetes

Sherpa41's profile photo   05/10/2013 10:41 a.m.

The Wednesday I'm going to ask if there is any bonus: P

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/12/2013 7:40 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

GARA,
I am like you, and the same thing happened to me, all the values ​​were shot.And I always walk in the low band, with many hypos.High meals in HC have left my diet like rice .... with what I like paella.
A drastic change of life.What a gift the kings brought me in 2015.

Social life is what costs me the most, especially if I have to travel out for work and the country of destination has little appropriate meals ... hamburgers, potatoes and little more ... nor count on the topic airport with needles and liquids.

In my own family they don't understand it either, and I already put me together with a part to not argue.

I carry the follow -up for the SS despite having private insurance and sew me with evidence.Every two months endo with analytics and diabetological nursing.To the header or go, the nurse gives me "monthly" the material without waiting.Of course, whenever I go I only see elderly people.(If my mother reads it ... oh!) A roll because in my previous outpatient they gave me the material for 3 months and here is every month.

I still do not get used to "being diabetic" and plain activities and events with friends that I can not fully do ... I always take fruit because in the restaurants they do not usually offer it and cookies because little that I do half an hour of exercise I remainWithout HC.

Of course, it has helped me to remember those years studying organic chemistry, amino acids and others.

gara said:
particularly, what I have worse about diabetes is to make social life, go out with friends, go food, dinners, etc.A little over a year ago that diabetes diagnosed me;I had an emergency hospital admission and the analytics "came out", well, it came out along with cholesterol, triglychicerides, etc., at stratospheric levels.The voltage in 22-14, 125 pulsations at rest.The doctor who had been about to "not leave" told me and had to change my lifestyle.Forgive me but, really, he misleads me.
In this year I have lost 30 kilos, I do sports daily, and a regime, not ferreo, but if limited to vegetables, meat and fish and fruit.In a year I have not tried alcohol or fat, not even ice cream .... Logically, I have lowered the glycosada to a great 5.2 and all my parameters are inside the normal margins, pulling the low band.
The bad side, every time I go out with friends, I do not take anything, I see the salads, the skewers, the cañitas pass, and since I am nothing comfortable because I get less and less, closing my social circle more and more.
I know that nothing happens to "sin" from time to time but I know myself and if I break my "new lifestyle" once, it will be easier for me and, sooner rather than later, I would return to the streets.
So, today, my friends circle has limited itself to the maximum sometimes coming to consider if any left because I recognize that, currently, I am not the joy of the party.
It is only a morning reflection.Good morning to all.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/29/2016 11:34 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I visits them with the endocrine are horrible, a whole morning in the hospital between visits to educators and then the endocrine and as @intrusa says the cost of parking and I don't even tell you, but well I drink it calmly not Keda not Kedaother.
What we have worse and that is what we will start now that the good weather comes is the pecking, that you do with the girl if you are going to take a vermouth, you cannot eat anything, yesterday afternoon a 40gr potato bag ate(Two rations) at two hours and peak was at 329, what do you do? You can't even go take something, it is desperate, and when the ice cream season comes I don't want to know.
I don't know, if someone can give me some councils, I would appreciate it, the girl is 7 years old.
Thank you so much
Greetings

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
03/30/2016 10:25 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

Hi @rosi.
It is normal to get in 329 if you took those 2 rations without clicking fast insulin.
I assure you that my son is not deprived of anything.And even less than ice cream (in summer, in spring and even in winter).Of course, he knows that these whims cost him a puncture that he accepts with pleasure.
You will have to see how much insulin needs.In general, stick ice creams are about two rations (both the poles -a little less than 2HC -, and the icy chocolates -a little more -or the cornetos -just 2 portions -).
I don't even think about taking those whims.They have enough already.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
03/30/2016 10:37 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hi @aaandres, quick insulin was put on the snack (at 4pm), and of course it was not up to the night to put the fast insulin again.Before 3 hours I can't put more insulin, at least that was what they told me.That is why my question is that between hours that makes me eat and when you have to put the insulin to put on more?
Thank you so much

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
03/30/2016 10:58 a.m.

rosi said:
before 3 hours I can't put more insulin, at least that was what they told me.

Of course, to say that it is not ... to explain the reason for that statement.The same does not say so much and with such security.

Look, everyone in diabetes is a world.One feels better than others, what is good for one is bad for another, some need a lotAs they are, who says it.Type 1 diabetics do not produce insulin and therefore to metabolize hydrates need exogenous insulin (pricking insulin).When?When they need it.

To give you an example.My son needs for his 7 -port dinner about 13 units of rapid insulin.But if it is punctured before dinner, it has an important rush until it stabilizes at 3 hours.If I put the 13 units an hour before, the downturn is guaranteed.Thanks to the continuous meter we have seen that what is best to get 5 units an hour before and at the time of dinner the remaining 8.They are two punctures instead of one but luckily they don't bother him too much,

Another case.If when I get up at 6:30 I see that it is high, I skew for example 5 units.Then, at breakfast time (7:45 - 8:00) he puts what corresponds to his servings, taking into account that he still has an active insulin of what I click on him (maybe the 5 than 5 thatI punctured him, 2 were to correct and the other 3 to prevent breakfast from raising him a lot to be high.

If you read the forum a little, you will see that the majority "correct" their values ​​if they are high with fast insulin.When?When it touches.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
03/30/2016 11:44 a.m.

Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

rosi said:
hello @aaandres, the quick insulin was put in the snack (at 4pm), and of course until the night he did not have to put the fast insulin again.Before 3 hours I can't put more insulin, at least that was what they told me.That is why my question is that between hours that makes me eat and when you have to put the insulin to put on more?
Thank you very much

The endocrine is over 50 years old?It looks like the old school, where you had to have fixed guidelines for insulin and punctures and just anything could be changed.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/30/2016 1:40 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

hahaha @sherpa41 The endocrine is a young girl but the educators are from the old school;), and it was they who told me, it is more is that my daughter has an insulin guideline according to glycemia (of very few units ofThe rapid up to 120: 0.5 U, 120-200: 1u, 200 to 250 1.5U, and more than 250 2u and the slow are fixed 2u at night and morning), and they never told me about the corrections @aaandres,Endocrine is only dedicated to changing the doses, everything else is done by educators.
That is why he said the theme of pecking, that I do not know what to do because at that time he does not have insulin, they simply told me that I had to do it or inside the food as dessert or snack (ice cream, potatoes ...)., But neveroutside those schedules and that is very complicated.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
03/30/2016 2:06 p.m.

Perhaps the three hours is because of the duration of insulin, I at least if I have to correct myself I always take into account that I still do not have active units of another puncture, although of course it is ... if I have eaten and my insulin bolus loCalculate well and the food has not been an extra, I mean weddings, banquets ... etc. that dose of the food or I have it into account, eaten for what I sink.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/30/2016 2:21 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

It is very possible, for the few units you comment, that your daughter is on a honeymoon.There is something more complicated, because you never know if your body will help or not.But with the example you have put from the potatoes, I would not hesitate to put at least half a unit and eat them.Test-error, there is no other.And unfortunately, not always 2+2 = 4 in diabetes.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
03/30/2016 2:22 p.m.

Better that potatoes are olives or peanuts, which have very few hydrates, and a light drink
The three hours will be to not overlap doses, but the important thing is that it is not high.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/30/2016 7:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.