Novorapid problem

santiago_ms's profile photo   06/02/2013 4:53 p.m.

About fifteen minutes ago I was sitting on my sofa prepared for dinner.I prepare the needle, I click and I feel pain, when I never notice it.I squeeze to inject myself 3u from Novorapid and I start feeling how my heart is accelerated and how I start to get nervous.I take a sugar and quickly start dinner.Now I feel good.What do you think it can be due?I have a theory, but I want to see what you think before writing it :) I don't know if it ever happened to you.I am somewhat restless, I would appreciate your opinion.

santiago_ms's profile photo
santiago_ms
06/02/2013 4:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My theory and experience is that you had low before injected ... to my m it has happened but something else that I spend is that it injects and lets you pass about 10 minutes x clock and that produces palpitations and dizziness as the air is missing ...the you inject you just before eating ..

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
06/02/2013 4:59 p.m.

No, I didn't have it low.I had 116 mg/dl.And yes, I click just before dinner.

santiago_ms's profile photo
santiago_ms
06/02/2013 5:13 p.m.

I also spent sometimes, they tell me that when I get nervous it gives me a descent ... sometimes it is all so difficult ...

yaitome's profile photo
yaitome
06/02/2013 7:04 p.m.

When I left the hospital and arrived home, the first meals did what they sent me ... click and eat 10 or 15 minutes later.Result: as soonhad those problems.

Each person is different, but I imagine that yours could be because you click on you being low (116 is not low, but now you are more sensitive to insulin and the effect is much faster), and also took a little time to start eating (When I say little ... a few minutes ..)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/03/2013 5:15 a.m.

It's very weird and bad luck, but maybe you'll prick it is a vein.It will have happened to me a couple of times in 25 years.When using syringes they recommended moving the plunger back.If a little blood came out, take out the needle and puncture again.I once happened to me.With the bowls I remember that it hurt, when I took the needle, a lot of blood came out and after 5 minutes I had an important hypoglycemia.

tica's profile photo
tica
06/04/2013 10:46 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.