Hello, I'm Oscar

Figaro_enf's profile photo   05/01/2010 4:29 p.m.

How are you?I am new in this forum and I wanted to leave my experience with this nursing.

I have suffered it for 22 years.Now I just turned 33, so I have a little lived already.
I have gone through stages of much lack of control: in the puberty I had HBA1C of 15 and 2 hypoglycemic comas.For work reasons (I am a nurse) I also had a great lack of control for a season, but today I am happy with my self -control.

I have HBA1C & LT; 7 for about 3 years and I consider myself a "moderately happy" person.

I must say that this disease is like a lion to domesticate: if you do not impose on him, he destroys you, but if you do well with the whip bend his ears and submit.
If I had to say what our weapons are these 3:
1.- Take an orderly life in the schedules, in the routine, in meals, activities, ... and know what your limitations are.
2.- Self-control: love oneself and give what is needed at every moment, be self-sufficient.
3.- Positive mentality: to live every day with the joy of being able to enjoy it, not lose hope in the better future.

A kiss.

Figaro_enf's profile photo
Figaro_enf
05/01/2010 4:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holass

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, diabetes always gives you the opportunity to control it ... today.
Tomorrow is always another day ... with great possibilities of being better than the previous one.

Salu2

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/01/2010 4:49 p.m.

Welcome home, Óscar.

DiabetesForo
05/02/2010 9:53 a.m.

Welcome Óscar !!!

Difficult in the days we run to lead an orderly life ;-)
Could it be that I have no dominator's soul so my DM did not know how to bow my ears?Well ... I will have to finish cutting up !!!!:))
Muxus !!!

Bianca's profile photo
Bianca
05/02/2010 11:05 a.m.

Hi Oscar:
Welcome!!!!
Fortunately today and thanks to the new insulins, the bomb, glucometers, we can have a less orderly, not as methodical and routine life and therefore better quality of life: d ... and optimism and be positive help and muchTo live with a chronic disease that for now I do not allow me to limit me in anything ...;)
Bianca dominate her is not so difficult, you just have to know her very well not to let the land win ...: Mrgreen:, come and encourage !!!!!!!!

A kiss

DiabetesForo
05/02/2010 4:59 p.m.

Wow, I didn't know that I had to become a tamer but if it is ... they are going to freak out those of the zoo !!!

A kiss.

veronica35's profile photo
veronica35
05/09/2010 3:53 p.m.

Hello Oscar, how much reason you are, or you dominate her or dominate you, after many years I have chosen to dominate her, I have no choice if I want to be a mother.
Bianca I have flipped with everything that happens to you, I have been with the disease for more than 20 years and although on certain occasions I have seen the "ears to the wolf" I must say that I have been very lucky.A few years ago I had the Hemo to 13 and I said enough.I will see how you manage to control diabetes a little more because if I am getting it, everyone can do it, I assure you.

Bsos

chiqui's profile photo
chiqui
05/12/2010 11:57 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.