The crisis in Greece hits the diabetics

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/29/2010 2:50 p.m.

I don't want to believe that this news is true .........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main world insulin supplier is withdrawing from the Greek market one of the most advanced medicines against diabetes.

The Danish company Novo Nordisk is thus responding to a government decree that orders a 25% reduction in the price of all medications.

The Greek Association against Diabetes condemned the decision as an example of "brutal capitalist blackmail."

More than 50,000 Greeks with diabetes use the product of Novo Nordisk, which is injected through a device similar to a fountain pen and is very easy to use.

A company spokesman said they were withdrawing Greece's product because forced prices were going to translate into losses for the company.

The pharmacist also feared that the 25% reduction had a rebound effect, as other countries use Greece as a key reference point when setting medicines prices.

"Insensitive"

Greece wants to cut his huge medical expenses as part of his efforts to reduce the debt he has plunged into the country.

Debts not paid with several international pharmaceutical companies total several billion dollars.Novo Nordisk states that the Greek state owes US $ 36 million.

Pavlos Panayotacos, father of a 10 -year -old girl named Neple, who suffers from diabetes, wrote to the president of Novo Nordisk criticizing his decision.

"As an economist I understand the importance of obtaining profits, but health care is more important than the balance sheets," he wrote.

"But as you should know, at this time Greece goes through a difficult economic and social situation, and you could not have acted less sensitively at a less timely time."

The Greek Association against Diabetes was much harder by qualifying the action of "brutal blackmail" and "violation of corporate social responsibility principles."

The president of Novo Nordisk, Lars Sorensen, responded to Mr. Panayotacos highlighting that he had been "the irresponsible management of finance by the Greek government that put us and our company in this difficult position."

Several patients with diabetes in Greece warned that people could die as a result of the situation.

But a pharmaceutical spokesman ruled out the possibility.He also informed that, to compensate, Novo Nordisk was going to make available an insulin product called Glucage.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/29/2010 2:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

: Shock :: Shock :: Shock: hallucino in colors ... will it be possible?: Shock :: Shock :: Shock:

DiabetesForo
05/29/2010 3 p.m.

This is so, companies do not risk to lose benefits, so we are in their hands.What will glucage be?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2010 6:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think we still have many more things to see.

Nube's profile photo
Nube
05/30/2010 9:44 a.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

I can think of a question.
Is there no insulin in generic?

DiabetesForo
05/30/2010 10:41 a.m.

Hello everyone:
This is the repera: X, these things outrak me.
Glucagen is the commercial name of glucagon.You have to have face, give you the glucagon and take away the insulin, so what do you want it?He will give you the hypoglycemia of thinking about the mother who gave birth to Novonordisk, to health and government.Above it seems that they are doing you a favor.
I guess you know that Novonordisk and Lylly do not market all diabetes products in Spain, however in the countries of our surroundings if.That is, we are in the hands of pharmaceuticals.
Let's pray because the same does not happen in Spain.

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
05/31/2010 4:22 p.m.

For example, half -unit feathers ... Novonordisk does not sell them in Spain ... You are going to assaulum because Marketinian reason ...

DiabetesForo
05/31/2010 4:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.