In the pool, does the catheter not take off?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/29/2010 3:54 p.m.

This is our first summer with a bomb and Noe loves the pool.The theme of the basal during the detention is already clear, but what worries me is the catheter, does it not take off when I am so long in the water?Then do you dry it with a dryer or do you let it dry in the air?If I connect the pump with the wet catheter, don't you take off?Anyway, a thousand doubts that I have about it, I'm sure I'm drowning in a glass of water ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/29/2010 3:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Marcita, calm that nothing happens, I almost practical swimming for 1 hour and has never taken off.When I finish the dry one, however with the towel and that's it.They could also help you use Nobecuta to further fix the adhesive of the catheter.

All the best,

chiqui's profile photo
chiqui
05/31/2010 5:32 a.m.

The water of the pool or the beach, the sweat of summer.It is normal for the fade patch to take off.I have proven that as it has a small piece of the bound edge, it escapes completely.The adhesive has to be total and completely attached to the skin.The Nobecuta helps correct those little failures before getting into the water.When you throw the spray on the patch, protect the part you have to use to connect the catheter.The Nobecuta creates a plastic film that can then hinder the connection.Aerosol's own lid can serve us.We just have to turn it by leaving the part of the patch that we want to hit within reach.
There is another solution that ensures even more.In the pharmacy they sell plastic dressings of different sizes used to protect large wounds.It is a simple piece of plastic material with adhesive that plays a paper similar to that of the traditional tape.Place one of those dressings on the cannula patch once the pump can be used to prevent it from taking off.We have previously placed a small piece of gauze to prevent the dressing of sticking to the patch and thus protect it.Taking into account that the cannula patch usually measures about three centimeters in diameter, a square or rectangular dressing of six or seven centimeters sideways is sufficient.At the end of the bathroom we remove it carefully not to take off the gate of the cannula and follow ...
All this may seem a bit cumbersome, it is true, but more annoying to get out of the water and discover that you have left the drifting cannula and that you have to place a new one.
Anyway, those that are with the newly released bomb is better that you are doing your own experience.We do not have the same skin nor are we subject to the same ciscons.
Well, I hope my explanations are not very tangled and they are easily understood.If not, you let me know, and I try again.Or, better, you invite me to a coffee and I tell you live.Ha ha!

DiabetesForo
05/31/2010 11:55 a.m.

Thank you so much,
What has not been very clear to me is how the Nobecuta is used on the skin?On the adhesive before putting?Or about the adhesive after posting?I'm very green in this ...

DiabetesForo
06/01/2010 1:40 p.m.

The Nobecuta is an adhesive.In principle, its most immediate application is to cover wounds to avoid infections.It could possibly serve us even to hit two sheets of paper (I suppose).When you throw it on the skin, it creates a plastic film that, when it dries, you can remove it as if it were a piece of "zeal".You can use it as you want.Spraying on the skin and then sticking the patch.When the patch is placed in place but it has taken off for being wet, etc., you can spray directly on the patch.You can press the patch so that it sticks well but before maneuvering in the area you must wait a few seconds to dry.
As is harmless, the best thing is that you rehearse the behavior and the way of applying it.Thus you will discover your possibilities and profits.I have not come to do the test but if before getting into the water we spray the entire area where the dressing is located with the cannula it is possible that this plastic film protects the dressing.If you should keep in mind that when connecting the catheter then it is possible that the remains of the adhesive make the connection difficult.That must be controlled.
It is all a matter of trying.
Open case.Opinions and experiences about the Nobecuta are admitted.(Ah, and don't think of thinking that I am the representative or the seller of the house!)

Happy next summer.

DiabetesForo
06/01/2010 3:32 p.m.

Good morning everyone, I already had here again is that we were some diiges to Extremadura, what heat does it for those lands !!!!

Marcita regarding the agüita of the pools ... We had that problem from the first summer that the little bomb put the small (3 years ago), the catheter took off with some ease, not only when it bathed it, butTb with sweat and in the Pisci, I commented with the educators in diabetes and they provided me with several types of dressings to try them and found the one that best went to the girl, we stayed with the omnifix, hit that you do not see,Come on, there is no one to take it off!Well if the splash of alcohol Holy!Only once in the Pisci, half depended (I realized when the little one was in the water) but it gave me time to take it out and quickly dry it with the towel and save it with a little microporous tape (the one that is white).
As veteran says that day the catheter had a little fold, that is, it was not totally lying, well stuck.

With the dressing he has never taken off, and see that he bathes the little one in the pool, without the dressing the catheter has been floating us.I have to tell you TB.That a friend of mine, who has a small age of the age of our children with bike has never had these problems that the catheter floats (he has once taken off but on rare occasions), I think it depends on each case,Type of skin, type of sweating ... She never has to use the dressings, she uses the Nobecuta and her child throughout the year goes to swimming classes.Maybe you are lucky and your little one is not to take off either.But let's have the Nobecuta on hand and the dressings that best come to you.

I the Nobecuta (spray) tb I have it, but the truth is that I do not use it (I do not know that it gives me the feeling that intoosic smells so much that ... well manias mine), the truth is that whenever I go on a trip II carry in case but ... use you use it, I don't use it.

DiabetesForo
06/08/2010 4:25 a.m.

Thank you very much for your advice ...
I think we are going to spend a Chungo summer, without bathing and two have already taken off.I have tried the omnifix, but it seems that "pulls" the catheter and in the end it is stuck by the edges and hollow the center, go, that the cannula comes out ...
I have been told that Acu-Chek adhesives are much better than those of Medtronik ...

DiabetesForo
06/08/2010 5:53 a.m.

Thank you very much for your advice ...
I think we are going to spend a Chungo summer, without bathing and two have already taken off.I have tried the omnifix, but it seems that "pulls" the catheter and in the end it is stuck by the edges and hollow the center, go, that the cannula comes out ...
I have been told that ACCU-Chek adhesives are quite better than those of Medtronik ...

Marcita How do you put the omnifix?Do you use the Sandwich technique?(It is recorded that they call it that I have not invented it eh) look first short of omnifix with the little hole (as if it were a donuts) you put omnifix pegata, then you put a catheter, and on top of the omnifix.This is how they explained it to us at the hospital.This technique is used whenever a dressing is put with the catheter.

In our specific case we first put a catheter and then omnifix, the Sandwich technique explained it to us and how we did well with ours because we did not change it.But I tell you so you know.

There are many types of dressings, see having whatever you do better, there is another one that is rectangular and totally transparent (I think I remember that for a face it is a bit porous) there are who is doing very well this dressing, it went wrong to usBecause summer sweat wrinkled him like an accordion and managed to drag the catheter.I believe that the issue of dressings has to do with the skin and kind of sweat that takes it, so some of us are doing well and others are doing well that is going wrong.I do not explain myself well.

Well you see and calm that the same thing happened to us and on top that year we were going summer to Palma de Mallorca and about 20 days before we began to take off the catheters, in short an odyssey until we found the one that did not take off.Have you asked at the hospital?They continuously put catheters (not only pump but for other types of diseases) and know many types of dressings.In principle they should facilitate them so that you do not have to buy them, they always give them to us in the hospital where they take the girl.

A kiss and see if you find the one who does well to our little Noe.

DiabetesForo
06/08/2010 7:22 a.m.

Marcita, here I send you a link with a catalog of different types of tape and adhesive dressings.
If through Google you are looking for "tape and dressings" you will find a few more pages where different products appear.
Do not give up.Try again and again until you find the less bad solution.
Luck!

DiabetesForo
06/08/2010 1:46 p.m.

We practically never take off the catheter (it is not with the minilink sensor) .... Only once has he taken off at all and I think the reason has been that I have not cleaned the anesthetic area well.You also have to keep in mind not to change the catheter and get into the water immediately.For the rest, I do not know if it is for the skin of each one, but "I touch wood" that problem we have not had.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/09/2010 5:42 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, as if it takes off both in the pool and the beach, the endo gave me some cheat apostites, and in the pool I took off several times, which I do not try is the Nobecuta, I will try it.
Health.:))

DiabetesForo
08/09/2010 1:22 p.m.

As I go cows: D And I anticipate very hot and that Suda Mogollón I have already asked for in the El Nobecután Pharmacy ... but seeing the link and seeing the Tegaderm patches, I have realized that they are from the 3M laboratory than toI like it a lot.In fact they are the only strips I use, since, they almost never take off ....... well to the grain ..... what I have called to ask a couple of things because I know that these dressings are used in hospital areaAnd they have told me that they have a version of transparent tegaderm from 10 Un., that measure 10x12 and that they are recorded that they are reimbursable, that is, that if you ask them to your head doctor they are covered by the S.S.:)) :)) In case it serves you, I have been given the code 476887.9 for the pharmacy.This afternoon I agree that I go to the head doctor for recipes so I will comment ........ to see what he tells me and then I tell you .....

virginia's profile photo
virginia
08/11/2010 4:27 a.m.

Well, indeed, yesterday I went to my head doctor and without any problem I made the recipe for the patches.I cannot tell you what they cost because I bought several things at once but for what I deduced according to the total price, very little.They are transparent integers and because of the size they have, I will trySee how they have gone ......

virginia's profile photo
virginia
08/12/2010 3:34 a.m.

Virginia, you will tell us if they work and what they are called.
We are better the omnifix, even if it is fabric, than the Nobecuta.The Nobecuta puts the adhesive of the catheter very hard and when connecting the pump again, sometimes you take it, like a block, I do not know if I explain.
The other Catheters of Medtronic, mine, are not yet in Spain because being more expensive, there are no agreements with social security to cover them, so we will have to continue managing tricks we have.:-/

DiabetesForo
08/12/2010 5:11 a.m.

Hi Marcita:

I have put the name and description a little higher but I didn't need much more. When I told my doctor the name, he looked on his computer and I think they are the only 3M reimbursable so there is no loss.Yesterday I had a team change and decided to try one, at least not to do experiments on vacation .... I left for half and still great size.At the moment it is intact, although I have not done much either, just shower.:)) And for that ... the same team's apartment did not take off ....... we will see the weekend if I bathe in beach-piscina that such ...... I only find a paste....... They are very finite and therefore, although in the flange they have a reinforcement that is removed once glued, it must be cut, handle and paste it very carefully and in a delicate way so that you do not go to the garete..... but once put on the skin, it's great .........

virginia's profile photo
virginia
08/13/2010 3:33 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.