13 -month -old baby

Udane's profile photo   05/30/2010 2:45 p.m.

I debuted diabetes with 10 and a half months. I have my girl as best I can but I need advice on this disease.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
05/30/2010 2:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi UDANE

Welcome ... ask what you need, to see what can we help you ...

I imagine that you will use diluted insulin, right?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/30/2010 4:20 p.m.

Hi UDANE

Welcome ... ask what you need, to see what can we help you ...

I imagine that you will use diluted insulin, right?
Hello, thank you for answering. We do not use diluted insulin. We want with half units and as I say the rest calculating the eye. My daughter is with the insulating in the morning and night mixed with the novorapid. After the food and snack we put it onlyThe novorapid.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
05/31/2010 4:11 a.m.

Hi UDANE !!!!.Welcome to the forum !!! ... Here we are a few parents, so we understand you very well and surely we can help you ... There is a thread of parents, that although it is not very dynamic, we are sure that we answer you as soon as you write to us.

Much encouragement and here you have us for what you need.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/31/2010 6:19 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi, udane.
Tell us more details of your girl.How he carries his glycemia.What costs you most about your illness.How does the endocrine attend it and if you have a diabetes educator, .- .. Anyway, everything you want and raise the doubts you have, that we will all give you a hand.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/31/2010 8:56 a.m.

Welcome to the forum,
My little boy also debuted very small, with 22 months, so I know for what you are happening.As you have told you, here you have us, do not hesitate to ask, consult ... the more sepes of this disease, the better for your little one.
A kiss and mood.

DiabetesForo
05/31/2010 10:09 a.m.

Thank you very much to all who have answered me. I want and I need a lotIt is called my daughter, 1 day in the ICU and 12 days later.After the intakes because I know what I eat for when I have to prick and still fail, :) or insulina.Milk brand that does well. The Pikes 3 Puleva, adds to glycemia, for example, someone who milk could give him?

Udane's profile photo
Udane
05/31/2010 1:48 p.m.

I believe that, with respect to milk, you must give it the one that you create better, without worrying about what glycemia rises more.In fact, I suppose there will not be much difference.The important thing is to ensure that insulin doses are fair to balance the climb.

Unfortunately, the best method is the rehearsal, that is, trying.

Insulatard is an "damn" insulin, which has complicated action curves and requires intakes yes or yes.
I would talk to the endocrine and ask her to change her to Levemir or Lantus (in kids they usually prefer to let her) keep the novorapid for meals.
If you don't know how much you are going to eat, it is fine that you put the insulin later, to be safer.

In such young children, the ideal is the insulin pump, with which you only use a rapid insulin type and admits dose of 0.1 units (there is even a bomb that allows 0.05 units. Half unit can sometimes be a lotFor babies.

And, if you are not happy with the endocrine, change doctor.You are in your right and the important thing is the girl.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/31/2010 2:24 p.m.

I believe that, regarding milk, you must give it the one you think best, without worrying about which glycemia rises the most.In fact, I suppose there will not be much difference.The important thing is to ensure that insulin doses are fair to balance the climb.

Unfortunately, the best method is the rehearsal, that is, trying.

Insulatard is an "damn" insulin, which has complicated action curves and requires intakes yes or yes.
I would talk to the endocrine and ask her to change her to Levemir or Lantus (in kids they usually prefer to let her) keep the novorapid for meals.
If you don't know how much you are going to eat, it is fine that you put the insulin later, to be safer.

In such young children, the ideal is the insulin pump, with which you only use a rapid insulin type and admits dose of 0.1 units (there is even a bomb that allows 0.05 units. Half unit can sometimes be a lotFor babies.

And, if you are not happy with the endocrine, change doctor.You are in your right and the important thing is the girl.

Health

Hi Alea.If that there is a difference between some milks and others, but well that is the least. Insulate is not the one that is doing badHe saw that the thing worked well, because the truth until a few days behind, the girl walk great, so we are now, that the thing is complicated, sold. But it gives me the impression that although I change endocrine, nobody is going to hit withShe, until she turns at least 2 years.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
05/31/2010 2:43 p.m.

Personally it seems to me that the best possibility is diluted insulin ... at least it does not carry insulerard at night: shock:

Although being so small it is difficult to have an adequate guideline ...

Of course, it is essential to put the ultra -granted insulin after having eaten ... never before, otherwise you will find more than a day with which they do not eat enough.

I imagine that it will be complicated as you enter food ... but you will go ahead, others have already done so, so you will do it too.

DiabetesForo
05/31/2010 3:20 p.m.

Hello Owash, you have reason that the solution would be diluted, but I have only been pulling this disease for 3 months and I don't wantInformed it seems that it is the most stable in such small babies, although it has the disadvantage that you cannot mix it and it would have to click twice. Insulatard with its peaks is not convincing me. Thank you by your advice, we will continue fighting.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/01/2010 5:16 a.m.

Hi UDANE,
When my little one debuted, from the first moment he was put Levemir and Novorapid.It is true, they cannot be mixed, not even put them in the same place and although they say that the Levemir does not peak, we observe that Noe did it at 4 hours of putting it on it, but usually it is stable and theDuration depends on the units you put, more units more duration.
You know, any little thing, here we are.A kiss for you and the little one.

DiabetesForo
06/01/2010 5:21 a.m.

Hello. I just read your msj and seeing that to your Peke the 4 -hour peak, I have stopped to think, if we were worth changing to the Levemir. I have spoken with the endocrine of Udane and how low comesThe food is removed from the 0.5 insulating unit that has in the morning mixed according to glycemia with the novorapid.A see, if we see any change in it, because it deserves it. I consider it a champion and very fighter, poor ...Kisses for you and your peke.

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/01/2010 2:30 p.m.

I have 2 questions: the little machine to measure blood glucose (Opium xceed), can you fail in the result?How can it calculate that insulin dose needs for each ration of intake?This is costing me a lot and that I carefully read all the nutritional values ​​of each thing that eats. Then each intake does not raise blood glucose levels and this is where I lite myself!

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/01/2010 4:42 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa, goodssssss
Ucane, many animals, it has to be hard to have such a small girl and with diabetes, but you will go ahead as many parents have come out, your girl is a champion, now you are starting, and the principles are hard, but when everything is stabilized,You will see that everything will do well
MUXUSSSSSSS

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/02/2010 5:06 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaa,
UDANE, approach the association of your community, there they will teach you many things, consider the doubts you have, in the associations they will help you a lot
Chao

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/02/2010 9:19 a.m.

Hi UDANE.I recommend the insulin pump, with a baby, for me it is the best.Insulatard is an insulin that for you to understand "goes to its ball" and it is impossible to control it.I had a very bad time at first, so small, I didn't want to eat, a disaster.I will not tell you that with the bomb the problems are passed, but it changes a lot, as from the night to day.Learn everything you can feed, count rations, and ask for a bomb for your girl.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/02/2010 10:43 a.m.

Hi UDANE,
How is the little one?What you raise from the glucometers, I have never failed me, yes, have your hands clean or find alcohol before doing control.And the units by rations, because that also varies throughout the day, for example Noe for breakfast needs 1'6 uds per ration, but at noon it is worth it with 0.4 you, it is a matter of testing, takingAs a reference one day that before the food I get well and the post also has it well.
I, as a mornita, also recommend the insulin pump, diabetes is totally different with it. Where are you from?There are communities, such as mine (Extremadura) that do not put fight when granting them.
For the theme of the absorption of hydrates, the glycemic index must be taken into account, the fats ... Not all foods with the same nutritional values ​​are absorbed the same ...
Well, I don't know if I brought you anymore, if you want to send you a private with my phone and we talked a little while ...
Kisses.
Ah!Mornita, you don't let yourself be seen by parents ...;)

DiabetesForo
06/02/2010 10:58 a.m.

Hi UDANE,
How is the little one?What you raise from the glucometers, I have never failed me, yes, have your hands clean or find alcohol before doing control.And the units by rations, because that also varies throughout the day, for example Noe for breakfast needs 1'6 uds per ration, but at noon it is worth it with 0.4 you, it is a matter of testing, takingAs a reference one day that before the food I get well and the post also has it well.
I, as a mornita, also recommend the insulin pump, diabetes is totally different with it. Where are you from?There are communities, such as mine (Extremadura) that do not put fight when granting them.
For the theme of the absorption of hydrates, the glycemic index must be taken into account, the fats ... Not all foods with the same nutritional values ​​are absorbed the same ...
Well, I don't know if I brought you anymore, if you want to send you a private with my phone and we talked a little while ...
Kisses.
Ah!Mornita, you don't let yourself be seen by parents ...;)

Hi Marcita.I am Basque. Vivo in a little town that would almost say that it is more a village ... here the public health I do not believe that it grants them, anyway to me the bomb does not convince me because my baby is very restlessand I don't know how to officially attached to her. I have spoken with the endocrine that leads to UDANE and we are going to remove the insulating for the lesson. The novorapid leaves it, because that is very well controlled since I put it on after the intakes.Thank you for the phone I will take into account. Although I have not talked like before!

Udane's profile photo
Udane
06/02/2010 11:35 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaa,
UDANE, I am Basque Tb, I am from Donosti but I live in Lasarte a town of Gipuzkoa, here the bomb does not put it, today I went to the association of diabetics, they told me that here in Gipuzkoa it is charisima, and Osakidetza does not cover it, it is itThat is why there are very few bomb users, nor the children, I have: shock:
I hope it goes better, and little by little you adjust the doses
MUXUSSSS

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/02/2010 5:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.