What about the Opium?

Juan Luis's profile photo   06/18/2010 3:57 a.m.

I always liked the optium.It seems reliable, slow, but reliable.The system that has to endure without whistling until I have all the blood I like, what you lose in slowness gives you in reliability….Now, something has happened, for some time that mechanism has been "escaharrao", now it takes so long to catch the blood that does not achieve it, it is as if it "sucks" little, that without counting how desperate howHe has returned, and, at least in my case, makes you think that the same measure is not reliable for caught little blood….Does it happen to you?Have you noticed this?

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
06/18/2010 3:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I use One Touch, but I have an optim for the acetone in blood.These days ago, Angela has been using glucose and in night control I have desperate because the blood did not enter or shooting.I have not commented with Juan Luis, I was just surprised.Last night when we went to bed, Juan Luis was measured and denied from gossip, and that was when I told him my experience ... hahahaha, what a situation, each feeling that we were the ones who did something wrong and in the end discover that it is the stripsThose that must have changed: shock:

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/18/2010 4:52 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Indeed, the Opium has the great handicap of its strips, and the bad absorption of the sample.Although its low need for blood looks proud (only 0.3 microliters), it has an obvious difficulty in absorbing blood.
In fact I have also stopped using it, and I have passed to Aviva Nano, since acu-chek strips have a great capillarity, and for practical purposes, they even need less blood than the xceed, when in reality it is notSo.Bayer also has just taken a model, the contour link (which yesterday took it home to try it) and is designed for people with a medtronic bomb, because it communicates wirelessly with it and with the Guardian system.And this device uses strips of good capillarity like those of ACCU-Chek.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/18/2010 6:33 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I also use the Opium PQ was the first to give me and they told me that it is very good and reliable ... I am not very put on the subject yet, but it is true that I have a one touch too and absorb very very better than theOPTIUM !!for the optium I have more confidence, I don't know!
do you have data or any reliability?

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
06/18/2010 10:56 a.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

I also use the Opium, now with strips of lot 45001. As I have a little, I have only tried this.That if, for whatever it takes a little to take the sample, the measurement is throwing down, if you repeat it, it usually mark 20 or 30 more.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/21/2010 4:36 a.m.

My question was not referring to whether the optium is more reliable, if not to see if you have noticed that it has lately become slower than usual.In my case it is like that in the last 2 boxes, this afternoon premiere a third, to see how it is going ... I'll tell you.

Juan Luis
06/21/2010 4:54 a.m.

I believe that the last boxes I have used (they come with the blue strip wrapping, before they were oranges) are faster when taking the sample.

That is why I put the lot of the strips, so that you can check with which you are using you.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/21/2010 5:33 a.m.

Hello, I also use the optium with my daughter and what happens is that there is unless I have seen 2 types of strips, those that have an orange part in the wrapping of the strips and those that have that blue side, the orangesIt gives you the result in 3 seconds and the blue in 5 seconds, it puts it in the box of the orange strips, in the blues no ... I always gave me the oranges always and have been given 1 season that they give me fromthe 2 or the blue ones alone, but accustomed to the 3 seconds now with the 5 seconds it shows difference ...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
06/21/2010 7:11 p.m.

What takes 5 seconds to give the result is also true.

But I think it is faster taking the sample.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/22/2010 3:58 a.m.

I had not noticed that they take to give 3 or 5 seconds to give the result.What annoy/Mosquea is the change in what they take to take the sample, as Nacho says.Yesterday I released the box, just like the previous two, and Lot 80735.
At the beginning they gave me the oranges, then I began to give me the violets, but the latter are from the oranges (?) I will remain attentive, and if the subject continues, I will send a little card to these people ...

Juan Luis
06/22/2010 4:07 a.m.

I had not noticed that they take 3 or 5 seconds to give the result.What annoy/Mosquea is the change in what they take to take the sample, as Nacho says.Yesterday I released the box, just like the previous two, and Lot 80735.
At the beginning they gave me oranges, then I started to give me the violets, but the latter are from the oranges (?) I will remain attentive, and if the subject continues, I will send a little card to these people ...

Second the motion.I have already told the problem to your commercial delegate in my area, but I will do it via phone.I recommend doing the same.

However, despite the fact that the strips have obvious absorption difficulties, they remain the only manufacturer that packs their strips individually in Blister, while the rest goes to the rough, huge, and spectacular boat, which is as large as the meter itselfand that the supposed advantage of the size of the meter throws by land, since in the end, the meter package with all its "little things" remains enormous.

The one that for me has been the best meter in terms of portability;A glucometer that was square, came in a container of the same size, the puncture was the same size as the meter and everything was sticky and occupying less than half of any bag of the current meters.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/23/2010 4:23 a.m.

Well, I just called them.

The girl who has attended me to the phone insists again and again that they need to see the lot of my strips.I have told him that I did not have it with me (now I use the Nano), but I have told him that I have commented with enough people and the same thing happens to everyone, that is, it is not a problem of mine.She has insisted on knowing the lot and I have told her that then I will call her again to give her the bold number of the lot and that she may be correcting my complaint.

From what he told me, the strips are no longer 3 seconds.If I have not understood him badly, now the strips are again 5 seconds, and they are no longer 0.3 microliters, but of 0.6 !!!!!
That is, now the strips are worse than before ?????I don't understand anything!!!!

Well, they have given me even more reasons to continue using the Nano instead of the optium ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/23/2010 4:31 a.m.

Well, I don't know what to tell you.
The oranges are still giving me, that is, those of three.
The blues have not given them for a long time, but what I am reading is not funny.
It may be a matter of making it clear that, if they lower the quality, we change brands.The only thing that hurts is the pocket.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/23/2010 8:20 a.m.

I have been with the oranges for a year, and the blue ones just started using them, it takes 5 seconds to give the result, and they are lighter taking the sample.

The oranges noticed them slower, even sometimes they did not fill well and gave a lower measure.

For my liking, the blues go better, although they take 2 more seconds to give the result.As for the quantity of the sample ........ because I am not so precision to get the droplet of the finger ......... I don't care.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/23/2010 1:04 p.m.

I think that the strips of the optium for not long have been carrying the same codification and that is why I think that Gondrullo insisted so much for the lot number.

In addition, I believe that this same cause is the one that has forced its need for blood ... from 0.3 to 0.6

DiabetesForo
06/23/2010 2:37 p.m.

nas, because I am worth anything, as soon as I have a little card with my impressions and experiences, and if I do not get an answer that is worth it, it happens to the others, it is, it is already, Joé, what good business they have withWe already !!

Juan Luis
06/23/2010 6:07 p.m.

Looking for info on this topic in the internete I have found this in a forum:

Sub News From The Quito-Repassive Customer Services Team of Abbott Diabetes Care UK:

"Thank you for your email.

The Test Strips You have been Supplied Are The Correct Strips.We have reverted back to a 5 second count down as this allows the strip to have 5 second reapplication time.The Reapplication Time Reduces The Amount of Test Strips Being Wasted Due To The Test Not Starting First Time.

The New (Blue Foil) Strips do require 0.6 Microlitre Sample of Blood rather than 0.3 Microlitre.This Sample Size Allows for the Reapplication Time To Be Added To The Strip.

If you do require any further information pleas do not hesitate in contact customer caeline on 0500 467 466 Monday to friday 8am to 5:30 pm. "

I'M NOT SUERE THAT HAVING 5 Seconds Instead of 3 To Add Sub Sub MORE BLOOD TO THE END OF THE TEST STRIP IS GOING TO IMPROVE MATTERS, BUT AT LEAST I KNOW WHY THE GOLD-FOILED STRIPS ARE NON NO Longer Available ...!

That is, that a “turning” of 3 to 5 seconds would be confirmed, in regards to account (Count), and also in the necessary amount of blood, from 0.3 to 0.6… but nevertheless II am using oranges and, although in theory it should be faster absorbing (having to absorb less blood), I get much slower than the blue I used before….Isn't it that they have been bundled and now they have drawn new "oranges"?Let's see if this weekend took time and send them some mail.

Juan Luis
06/24/2010 11:40 a.m.

I repeat myself, for me oranges are slower than blue in absorbing the sample.Of course, the blues then take 5 sec instead of 3.

Look to see what lot you use ...... The numbering is supposed to grow.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/25/2010 3:42 a.m.

I remember that also a box that took me more to suck, but I think they are different, some are option plus or something to whether the other option XXXXXXXX

I also use the option and it seems that it is going well for the moment.

DiabetesForo
06/25/2010 4:57 a.m.

And, speaking of the optium, a few days ago I had a disgust for his cause: I went on a trip, and did not take it: Evil: So last week I contacted the laboratory, I exposed the case, and from thisI have a new reserve in the glove compartment: Mrgreen: I will not leave it again when I go on a trip.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/28/2010 10:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.