Dogs that warn of your high or low sugar levels?

Gemma_Ibiza's profile photo   06/27/2010 7:50 a.m.

Tyradilla in the sofa with the command in my hand gives me to see "the Dog charmer", the VAT episode of guide dogs for people with physical and psychic disabilities, the protagonist leaves me flipped with the comment.- I know that existDogs whose owners are diabetic and when the levels of sugar go up or down they are notified by the animal, so they are calmer and warned of their levels at all times ....
And I say, I ask me for kingsssss !!!!!hahaha
Would I name acchak hahaha, well now it will be true?If someone has an idea of ​​this please desismelooooooo hahahaha a greeting from Ibiza !!!

Gemma_Ibiza's profile photo
Gemma_Ibiza
06/27/2010 7:50 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, Gemma is true, although not in all dogs.
There are cases of dogs that warn if they "notice" hypoglycemia in their owners, in the same way that they alert to any alteration they perceive as dangerous.
We have a dog and, for the moment, it has not warned by hypoglycemia, although it is usually nervous if it notes that Celia is not right.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/27/2010 11:29 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaa,
I have stayed: Shock :: Shock: my daughter is asking me for a dog at home, because it seems to me that I will have to buy one, so I calm, we are going to have no idea that the dogs noticed a climb or descent
All the best,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/27/2010 4:38 p.m.

Last year this news came out:

And look that I like dogs little:-/

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/27/2010 4:45 p.m.

Hi Owash,
Well, I don't like anything, I was always afraid of them, and putting a dog at home or coña, if I had a large house, yes, but it is not my case, although my daughter loves and is asking meone, it is not going to be, hahahahaha
All the best,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/27/2010 4:52 p.m.

Anabeg, the same as me, hahahaha.They are afraid and give me repelus (I know that dog lovers are going to swear, but it is what there is).Angela has not left me, he likes all the animals, in fact in his father's house he has a dog and cat and does not stop insisting to let them have them at home, but no, we already made an attempt with a cat and we found that it wasIncompatible with me:-/.In any case, that news had already heard it also, luck who can benefit from it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/28/2010 5:54 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, if what is true, I particularly have 2, mine have never notified me of any hiccups, but I know that it is true x in a forum of people who have dogs explained by a girl who is diabetic and her cocker warned her of the hypos, barking and making strange behaviors and having been parents, animals are wonderful: p
Debut: June 1991
Novorapid: 2-3-3-3-2
Lantus: 25
Ultima Glico: 5.4

barry's profile photo
barry
06/30/2010 3:35 a.m.

The dog must logically train him, because his privileged nose allows him to capture odors that for us do not go from how many molecules together and that we could never dream of smelling.

But what gives me anger is that it is a dog that detects the hypos and is not something more manageable, such as a hamster or a mask lir, other mammals that we could carry in my pockets ... because I when I wantDetecting the hypo is in my daily life ... which is almost always away from home ...

So ... let's fight for a training of the Hamster and the lugs to recognize hypoglycemia ... and we can have one each diabetic.Thus we would remove market from the Almighty multinationals and it would be much cheaper to the administration in consumables.Instead of going for strips, we would have to go for pipes, much cheaper.And it would be called glucomous or something ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/30/2010 8:01 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.