Lantus and Humalog

annasira's profile photo   07/18/2010 9:51 a.m.

Sorry I have more questions!
Only four days ago I have started with insulin and I am a doubt of doubts, the truth that my educator has explained everything but then you come home .....
I put 30 units of Lantus at night the endo told me that at three days if I did not have 100 on an empty stomach, 2 more units and so on, the humalog put it in meals depending on the needs you already know ... theIs it that in the morning not of the 200 and during the day difficult to adjust?I have anxiety that I am not influenced, I am at treatment with 20mg paroxetine, what do you tell me?

annasira's profile photo
annasira
07/18/2010 9:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

More than in the morning or in the afternoon, what you have to take into account is whether the high figures are before or after meals.
If the high values ​​are before, you need Lantus.If the high values ​​are after the intakes, what you lack is Humalog.
See adjusting and writing down all changes, glycemia and special situations (Ejerece, disease, stress, etc.) Make changes little by little and wait every time or three days until ensuring the results.
Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/18/2010 11:44 a.m.

thank you!!!
I will check and write down everything this week and I will tell you very much

annasira's profile photo
annasira
07/18/2010 3:34 p.m.

Paroxetine does not influence blood glucose levels ...
Anxiety or nerves do raise glycemia alone, so if we better control anxiety we can avoid glycemia increases due to anxiety

For everything else, Alea has already answered: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/19/2010 10:53 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.