Rare flavor in the mouth

xavi104's profile photo   07/23/2010 8 p.m.

Hello good,

I am Type 1 diabetic from Febrer .. I get a praying at night before sleeping, 24 units.I do 4 to 8 daily controls and I have normal glucose.
For a couple of weeks I notice a weird taste constantly, something sweet, more intense in the morning.The mouth something dry but it doesn't be very thirsty.What can be due?Night hyperglycemia?

thank you

xavi104's profile photo
xavi104
07/23/2010 8 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you had nightly hypoglycemia, notaries surely ... and in the morning you would have very low values ​​(for not tracing) or very high (to go back)

We have a tendency to "blame" diabetes of all our things/ailments etc ...

Very high blood glucose values ​​has symptoms similar to those of debut (urinating a lot, drinking a lot, a lot of thirst ...)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/24/2010 6:59 a.m.

Thanks Owash,

You are probably right, but I am calmer commenting on the symptoms in case someone has happened to someone.

thank you

xavi104's profile photo
xavi104
07/24/2010 11:17 a.m.

In your place I would do some morning control to rule out hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia with rebound.
It would also be convenient to rule out ketones.If you have the Opium, do some control of ketones in blood.If not, you can do it with urine strips.Acetone causes a flavor and smell in the breath similar to apples.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/24/2010 11:59 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.