Pure Stevia can make you get less insulin?

HanSolo's profile photo   06/21/2013 4:42 a.m.

Yesterday in the association, a person told me that he has noticed how since he takes a concrete mark of sweetener Stevia, his glycemia have dropped and needs less insulin.I told him that I want to contrast with doctors, but it seems, Stevia has that ability to increase insulin sensitivity.I thought that only occurred in people with endogenous insulin and a correct process of sugar metabolism, so what this person told me yesterday completely dislodged me.
The Stevia that is taking is one that brought us to the association the company that markets it.They told us that unlike other commercial brands, this is much more pure.I put the link Link

Can anyone shed some light on this strange matter?Have you experienced something similar?Do you know if this is foundation?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/21/2013 4:42 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I have no idea if it will be or not that real information.
I also read in a South American forum or blog, that the pulp of the chumberas, and the aloe vera help regulate, but I do not know what will be true in this, and it is seen that you can take it boiled, fried (battered), inSalads and all that, but I already give me yuyu until trying it.
My little son (he is 7 years old now) as a child when he was wearing a diaper and the ass is scarce, it is true that he took the aloe vera plant that I have at home a sheet, took the "shell" and the interior once cleanI put it in the ass at night, and the next day it was the hand of Santo, the entire Scotland area disappeared.
But just thinking about eating that so gelatinous I don't know that, and surely at least for the organism it is good, because Aloe Vera has a lot of properties, now I am even in making homemade soap and adding aloe vera for the skin.

But I tell you, I don't know if you have properties for blood glucose.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/21/2013 6:44 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ahhh, on the Internet is the pure stevia in leaf, without mixtures of anything, but I don't know what a result will give.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2013 6:45 a.m.

Go ahead that I have not taken Stevia or any of its variants (Truvia)

Stevia supporters campaign their hypoglycemic properties in an intense as misleading.
If we compare the Stevia with sugar, yes, glycemia goes down ... It has bother us, as if we compare garlic with sugar, glycemia also lowers.
And if weight is lowered (sweetening use instead of other caloric) we have a reduction in insulin resistance.
A classic.

But there is more.

This study made in rodents states that it has a hypoglycemic effect on the liver (glucagon)

From here the Stevia enthusiasts are grabbed to affirm that it has hypoglycemic properties.
To date, it seems that the study could not be replicated in mice and much less in humans.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2013 1:20 p.m.

I don't know about studies or what thinking minds say and publish there
Now what I have proven is that the stevia increases you the sensitivity to insulin
And another thing is also used as a sweetener without hydrates and therefore without calories but depending on what you want, it must use it in one way or another
If you want me to help you with insulin resistance with infusions of dry green leaves
If you want sweetener or use the leaves directly in a coffee, drink and sweeten but the most common and more powerful is to take out the extract through a simple process and that is what people usually buy either liquid or in granules
Now the sweeteners like Truvia and those scams that are not variants or elaborate products or anything that are scams
They don't carry anything about Stevia most !!
From my experience it is better and cheaper than you do with dry leaves that is where all the stevia is removed and you can use it for what suits you and not buy elaborate products overpaid and depend on the companies that are formed andThey cheat

cesargarcia's profile photo
cesargarcia
08/28/2015 9:19 p.m.

cesargarcia said:
I don't know about studies or what thinking minds say and publish there
Now what I have proven is that the stevia increases you the sensitivity to insulin
And another thing is also used as a sweetener without hydrates and therefore without calories but depending on what you want, it must use it in one way or another
If you want me to help you with insulin resistance with infusions of dry green leaves
If you want sweetener or use the leaves directly in a coffee, drink and sweeten but the most common and more powerful is to take out the extract through a simple process and that is what people usually buy either liquid or in granules
Now the sweeteners like Truvia and those scams that are not variants or elaborate products or anything that are scams
They don't carry anything about Stevia most !!
From my experience it is better and cheaper than you do with dry leaves that is where all the stevia is removed and you can use it for what suits you and not buy elaborate products overpaid and depend on the companies that are formed andcheat

I take this opportunity to remember that the use of Stevia is prohibited as such in food, only the glycosids of Esteviol are allowed, that their admissible daily intake is 10 times less than that of the aspartamThe money is more, several manufacturers of this type of products are quoted in the stock market.
It goes without saying that each one is free to do what they want, but I think the most advisable thing is to pay attention to the indications of the European Food Security Authority.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
08/29/2015 1:16 a.m.

If we would do without those great institutions that only seek our well -being in a totally objective way and without any influence by the most powerful lobbies

Link

By the way I think I remember that although in Spain it is forbidden to sell Stevia sweetener by individuals clearly to enrich what you call herbalists instead of pharmaceuticals;In Germany if it is allowed.
Curious above all because it is supposed that in health issues a European policy is usually followed
It will be that the Germans are confused and they like to self -come

cesargarcia's profile photo
cesargarcia
08/29/2015 12:03 p.m.

cesargarcia said:
if we would do without those great lack ofitions that only seek our well -being in a totally objective way and without any kind of influence by the most powerful lobbies

Link

By the way I think I remember that although in Spain it is forbidden to sell Stevia sweetener by individuals clearly to enrich what you call herbalists instead of pharmaceuticals;In Germany if it is allowed.
Curious above all because it is supposed that in health issues a European policy is usually followed
It will be that the Germans are confused and they like to self -convene

The Lord who links is a disseminator of all kinds of barbarities, which not only lack any basis, but are dangerous for health.It is evident that diabetes and all diseases are a business for those who manufacture related products, but both for pharmaceuticals and for various herbalists and charlatans, if it did not get profitable they would not sell it, nobody creates something to ruin.On the other hand, Stevavol glycosides can be sold perfectly in supermarkets and herbalists, so I do not see what pharmaceuticals benefit a product that can sell everyone ... I do not know German legislation, but here it is also allowed to sell it,Of course, for ornamental purposes.
Link
Link

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
08/30/2015 1:15 a.m.

Well, I take the Stevia in infusion with the dry leaves, almost every night, I really took it because I calm anxiety but I have not noticed significant changes in my glycemia to know if it helps me to lower them, the truth that I do notI have paid close attention to that, I continue to place the same insulin units that touch me.Anyway, as I always take the infusion, I will be more aware of that to see if it is true or not!

Maru's profile photo
Maru
08/30/2015 3:13 p.m.

DT1 desde hace 22 años
Lantus (18 unidades) Humalog (de acuerdo a glucemias)
Última glicosilada 7,7 =(
Apasionada al gym, el ejercicio físico

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.