Pumps in general

Nita_Wave's profile photo   08/21/2010 1:51 p.m.

I would like to know how your day to day with the bombs is.
Some years ago, the endo that took me in Barcelona told me about the subject, but they did not decide to put it on.Now I was around my mind the idea that it could be better to control me much more.But ... it is a half life in the water!
If you want you can explain your life with the bomb.
Thank you!

Nita_Wave's profile photo
Nita_Wave
08/21/2010 1:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Wow, suddenly nobody uses bomb ...: mrgreen:

Nita_Wave
08/23/2010 8:08 a.m.

If woman;), we are enough who have been, I have been very positive for more than 5 years andOf course I do not regret it.Want as life, you control hypoglycemia, control is more stable when you have already set the pattern.For the water you would have to disconnect it because they cannot be wet, I cannot help you there because I am nothing aquatic hehe ....
Ask what you want and we are telling you ....: D

A kiss

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/23/2010 8:21 a.m.

Thanks Prado.
I see, for other threads, that those who carry it have none.But I don't know, to have to "connected" to a machine ... I don't see it very clear.Although I do not doubt its effectiveness.

Nita_Wave
08/23/2010 11:40 a.m.

After the time, I believe that the day after connecting to me, I learned that I was carrying a connected speech, you get used to you fast, faster than you imagine .....

DiabetesForo
08/23/2010 12:41 p.m.

Hello,

I have been bomb for four years, and I don't change it for anything in the world ... except in summer when I am on the beach.I usually go one week a year and that week I go to the Bolis.The first year he intended the disconnections and things ... and for me it was a horror!I had to remove the needle (Canula) every time I went to the beach because I was not infected (I was made utly two punctures in the gut) every two hours to prick the Humalog bolis ... for me the beach and thePump are not compatible.But, I think there are people in the forum that are very happy with the bomb even in summer.

tica's profile photo
tica
08/25/2010 9:48 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

My daughter has taken her since January 2009, and we are delighted.
She has no beach problems.Disconnects, bathes, connect it again ..., as many times as necessary.

With all its inconveniences, for me it is, by far, the best control method.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/26/2010 7:43 p.m.

Hello!I have a bomb since May 2006 and for me it is also the best option today.
As for the beach, I use the disconnection of an hour or simply if it is little time to disconnect it like when you showers at home and then connect it again without problem, Cebas and now.

Greetings: d

Carmentxu's profile photo
Carmentxu
08/27/2010 5:11 a.m.

Hi Nita.I wear the bomb about 5 years, they put it on me when I was pregnant and in the end I kept it.Today is the best in quality of life for us and much more controlled diabetes, in my case.Being in the water, in summer I spend the day in the pool and beach and, at first there is no problem, but it depends on your work.

emagazar's profile photo
emagazar
08/27/2010 11:09 a.m.

Hello again.I have also read here that the pump cannot be wet.The one I have is a 2020 animas and the truth is that it can wet and bathe with it, I think it is about 8 meters of immersion to be exact, in fact I go to the beach and the pool with it, because before with that of taking you awayand putting the bomb every time they bathed you gave you incredible hyperglycemia.I hope you encourage you will see what you want when putting it on.

emagazar's profile photo
emagazar
08/27/2010 11:17 a.m.

I cannot tell you, since I just put it on Monday, xD but what if I hope is that I do well, when it comes to disconnecting you can do some calculations that your educator will teach you, so you will know how much quick you have to manageTo last the time you don't have the pump.Think well since you have to get many more controls per day and control yourself a lot, the bomb does not work alone.A kiss =)

DiabetesForo
08/27/2010 8:32 p.m.

Thank you very much for the answers !!
The truth is that I don't know ...:-/ many say that pumps and water are not friends, others that can be wet ...
Now I am getting to work to find an endocrine around here in Fuerteventura, that I see that very easy it will not be ... and from there see that it advises me and not.I do not doubt that it is essential for the control of a diabetic.You manage very well with them !!: D

Nita_Wave
08/28/2010 7:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.