Nursery serves diabetic babies

fer's profile photo   07/30/2013 2:04 p.m.

'Natalia's garden' signs a collaboration agreement with the Murcia Association for Diabetes Care for the next course, it will be a pioneer to serve diabetic babies.

The Murcia Association for Diabetes Care (ADIRMU) and the Bilingual Children's School 'El Jardin de Natalia' have signed a collaboration agreement, for which the children's school will receive support and training to serve diabetic babies.

In this way, according to Admiu sources, all the staff of 'The Natalia Garden' will receive training to carry out a diabetes self -care program and recognize the symptoms and the treatment of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia.

School teachers will be trained to monitor blood glucose levels or maintain the daily insulin regime.

In addition, Adirmu and this children's school in Murcia will meet with families with diabetic babies before the schooling of their children to solve all doubts and fears.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/30/2013 2:04 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I went to the nursery when the diabetes diagnosed me, they made controls and everything necessary.The truth is that my parents never put problems

tica's profile photo
tica
07/30/2013 5 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I suppose that the novelty is that all personnel are trained, and that Adirmu certifies that the nursery is prepared to serve babies with diabetes, it seems like a good advance, too often I hear cases in which centers take this responsibilityLike a "favor."

A few weeks ago I had a conversation with a primary teacher, he explained that in class he has two girls with diabetes and that he has a fatal when they give them glucose downs, because he does not know what he has to do! I had to explain very basic concepts, type insulin is put to lower glucose, and sugar is taken to climb ...

Personally, I believe that anyone who is facing the public, or in teaching field, should have a minimum medical knowledge, and more in these cases, when it is already known that a student has diabetes, someone would have to have formed him minimally.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/31/2013 5:45 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I totally agree with you Fer, these training courses are necessary in all places but more in schools and nursery, that then teachers do not know what to do when something happens and are supposed to be responsible for teaching hours.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
08/12/2013 6:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I totally agree with you ... I don't think it is a complication of basic notions about diabetes ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/12/2013 7:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Good morning, my daughter goes to nursery, and educators have no formation about dibetes. At a simple glance it seems that it is a hindrance because the girl needs a little more attention, they tell me that there are more children in the center.

samuel's profile photo
samuel
10/17/2023 7:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.