Nutritional information

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/27/2010 2:40 p.m.

I spend a link to a website that I have found by another forum, where lots of food by groups come, in alphabetical order, etc., with the complete nutritional composition of each.
I have not yet examined it thoroughly, because it takes a little time to take, but I think it can be very useful.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/27/2010 2:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks Alea, but it is a bit difficult to consult (or I have no idea).What is ID?I guess it will be an index of ... what?.What I would like would be to get a list of glycemic indexes, they say it is very useful, and that together with how much is the HC ration of the food that can be taken very well.Do you know of any page that tells you the glycemic index?Thanks in advance.

paula's profile photo
paula
09/01/2010 2:12 p.m.

Go to this section and you can consult the food you want in alphabetical order:

On the glycemic index I have not looked for anything, but surely there are those who know and tell us.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/01/2010 6:05 p.m.

Holasss

In this thread we comment: Diabetes/List-Con-Con-Perfil-Glucemico-T5706.html

DiabetesForo
09/02/2010 7:22 a.m.

Hello,

I have this information on glycemic index, I hope it can be useful: Link .

On the other hand I asked my nurse when we review the issues of nutrition and rations and told me that it was very complex and that I will have the issue of rations.I translated it with a: "I have no idea."

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
09/02/2010 6:55 p.m.

It is true that it is something complex, more than anything because each person absorbs food in a form and with a time ... even from one day to another there may be large variations.

But it is important differences of rapid absorption carbohydrates and the slow absorption ... which will influence us (much) in the control of blood glucose.
Type 2 treated with oral antidiabetics, for example, should avoid fast -acting at all costs ... while type 1, for example, we have to take them into account if we get together with abundant fats (Example Industrial Bolleria ...) because blood glucose can rise at 3-4 hours, outside the action of ultrarapid insulin.

DiabetesForo
09/06/2010 5:38 a.m.

Owash, totally agree with you, but I have a doubt.

You have commented that when we join quick action CH with fat, glycemia can rise at 3-4 hours.I understood that when you mixed the two components, what was done was to reduce the absorption speed of the CH.Therefore, when you have a hiccup they do not recommend eating bolleria, since fats make sugars absorb more slowly and do not get what we intend, which is to correct the hypo.For example, if we look at a natural orange juice, glycemia rises faster than if we take the same juice but accompanied by an integral toast with a little York ham.

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
09/06/2010 5:53 a.m.

COOORECT What you say.

Enter a pair of donuts, calculate the ration and you will see how blood glucose is probably triggered at 3-4 hours.

On this subject, the professor is the Forero Juanluis;););

DiabetesForo
09/06/2010 5:57 a.m.

I think I pass the experiment hahahahaha!: Thank you!;)

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
09/07/2010 6:05 a.m.

Thank you all, it was just what I was looking for.As for mixing Ázucares and fats, I have tried it in my meats ... :?I was 60 from glycemia and I thought that many years ago I did not eat a chocolate pole with cream and as the hemo had already controlled it ..., (uaaauu, how rich) then I thought that for what the hell I had eaten it,There was no way to climb the blood glucose and when "that" said to go up (at 3 or 4 h of having eaten it) I had almost 400mg, there was a cost me cost me ..., in short one more experience.Thanks again.: D

paula's profile photo
paula
09/07/2010 4:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.