The catheter does not last

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/30/2010 7:12 p.m.

The catheter does not last for me 2 days without taking off, my nurse today made Nobecutam on my skin before putting on the catheter but still today in the afternoon I already had the catheter slightly taken off, and to top it up I am one of those who does sports andI like to shower daily.I don't know what to do so that I do not take off, and I don't know if the Nobecutam will serve with me ... This is my first week with a bomb, I am taking it well but the catheters makes me sick!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/30/2010 7:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello
Have you thought it is the defective catheter box ???I tell you because it happened to me once.I tell myself my nurse and I changed my cashier, since then I have not had a problem.In summer I go to the pool in the morning and in the afternoon with all that it brings, shower, bathroom in pool, ect, and, I repeat any problem.
I hope that is, only a defective box.:) :) :)

emagazar's profile photo
emagazar
08/31/2010 10:53 a.m.

I remind you what I told Marcita, weeks ago.What infusion equipment do you use?The Sof-Set?That little, rectangular, plastic ...?Try the quick-set.The adhesive is circular of about three cm.in diameter, of tissue similar to omnifix, and very resistant.If you do not find it, do the following: you take a piece of omnifix (approximately square of between 3 and 5 cm. On the side), fold it twice and cut the corner so that when you open it there is a hole in the center of approximately one cm.in diameter.When you put the catheter, disconnect the duct and stick the omnifix piece on the catheter.I began to use that resource with the SOF-set until I got the quick-set.
I have not had problems again.Not even now in summer that so much, I get wet frequently, etc.
And don't despair.
Luck.

DiabetesForo
08/31/2010 12:56 p.m.

The quick-set is the one I am using, anyway today my nurse has left me nobecuta and it is great, I have put it after showering and I have been well on me, I hope that tomorrow I leave my spray for me, for me, forthat every time I exercise and have it I have it and so I avoid puncturing a new catheter every day.A big kiss =)

DiabetesForo
08/31/2010 1:22 p.m.

Hi Super, you'll see myinsulin.It is only a note that I think you should take into account ... The Nobecuta is going well.Good luck: p

paula's profile photo
paula
09/01/2010 2 p.m.

Hi Super Ingrid!

To a friend of mine who also carries a bomb something similar happened and turned out that the hooks came without a tail and were defective.He called on the phone and the next day he already had a new box and in conditions at home.

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
09/02/2010 6:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.