4 children and 3 with type 1 diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/01/2013 4:55 p.m.

Link

It is in English ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/01/2013 4:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I personally had a couple I would make me vasectomy, I would never have my own child for fear of getting out diabetic.But in your case if you have 2 diabetics go find a third and a room, Puff does not seem well.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/01/2013 6:23 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa How old are you?And how much of the diagnosis?I am sad to see how bad you carry diabetes.Few of the forum will not have gone through times of resignation and frustration.Many times I have considered whether it is selfish to have a partner with this crap of illness.After all, in part, the inconveniences are shared.In my case the answer is no, and that of my partner too.We all have defects, the healthy and not healthy, our duty is to take care of us first and for the people who love us.I started with my husband knowing my diabetes and has not been a big problem.We have a beautiful child and I wish with all my strength that never debuts and if one day it happens, it will be a great whore but I know it can be happy and "normal" with diabetes.It helps me a lot to think about, we do not know if we will die before or if we will have complications.The record is a lady who died with 93 years and 85 diabetes.He debuted a year that insulin was marketed.Imagine that we exceed the average life expectancy without complications and we have lived a lifetime with the slab of the fear of diabetes .... small whore!Ha ha

tica's profile photo
tica
08/02/2013 5:22 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I have 42 and it is 20 to debut.

I already say that it is my personal option to not wantInside, at least I have been changing opinion and thinking the same.

And returning to the news, if you have 2 and the two are diabetics, have a third and then a room no longer seems good to me that nobody does it.Or rather .. It seems fatal to me!

That some diabetics carry it well does not mean that this is not a very complicated disease of carrying and everything.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/02/2013 5:54 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa, if not weird what you say.When we started looking for the baby, the first month of searching for me with the subject and proposed to my partner to look for an ovules donor, but I was already pregnant.Years ago I told the endocrine and took the idea of ​​the head because he differentiated patients with diabetic relatives and those who did not, as in my case.Nor is it known if the genetic load is the only cause

tica's profile photo
tica
08/02/2013 6:08 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

On the news, it has to be bad luck, or a very clear case of genetic transmission of diabetes, much has beenDiabetes and that is easier to have if there are relatives with diabetes.

Certainly, I would feel very bad if one day, one of my daughters debuted with diabetes, is one of the things that most worries me about this disease.:-H.H

fer's profile photo
fer
08/02/2013 6:11 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, my story is very rare.We are 5 brothers.I am twin with a male detected it, I had 17 years old and my twin brother nothing.And then I just had such a thing, my medium brother with 30 years was also detected was diabetic.No one from my family nobody or my grandfather or tatara buelo no one was diabetic.We are at the moment the only ones are diabetes ..: -b

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/09/2013 10:13 a.m.

Sherpa41 said:
I personally if I had a couple would make me vasectomy, I would never have your own child for fear that it would come out diabetic.But in your case if you have 2 diabetics go find a third and a room, Puff does not seem well.
Well, I have three, I prefer not to inherit it but if they have not regret it, I have had them.
Would you have preferred not to be born?If your parents had thought the same would not be here, and I personally prefer to be here with diabetes than not to be.
Eye, respect your opinion but I don't share it.

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
08/10/2013 9:05 a.m.

Yeah.I have been fatal.

But my parents and brothers are not diabetic.If my two older brothers were diabetics, I would have seemed a whore that had me, with so many numbers to have it.I don't know how to have had artificial insemination to discard the genes that can produce it.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/10/2013 10:51 a.m.

You would see well that they would not have had you in case you had diabetes?This silence that is not a pleasant disease but not so much to prefer not to be born.

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
08/10/2013 4:23 p.m.

Uff delicate theme.If they had told me that my 100% son was going to have diabetes I believed I would have looked for an egg donor.I'm glad I was born, but Oajala did not have diabetes

tica's profile photo
tica
08/10/2013 4:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

This is a complicated issue;What has enough genetic load I think is quite likely.
In my case at least it seems: before I had already 2 aunts of my mother with type 1 diabetes, one, and type2, the other;Then it touched me, then my grandmother with more than 60 years debuted with type1 (grandmother from father), behind my mother's uncle touched about 10 years, and now 5 months ago my paternal uncle has debuted toowith type1.Buff, it seems that I never end ..
I have no children, but my brothers made some small tests to check if they had it and for the moment it was not like that, thankfully;With everything and that my little sister has 3 children and more than once I have confessed the fear that someone could have it even if you do not regret having had them.
Personally I don't know what to think because I know there is a risk and for the moment I have not risked.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
08/13/2013 6:40 a.m.

And what would you do in my situation?Both me and my husband are diabetic and we are the only cases of our family, we are not yet parents but we do not rule out at all, of course we will play with many ballots but look, if in life we ​​think so we would not have children, your genetics youIt predisposes many diseases but does not find diabetes so serious.Eye!!!All this as a personal opinion and I understand each one's views.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
08/22/2013 11:19 a.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

In your case, the genetic factor will be ahead, the genetic factor is just a point of risk, and it is not decisive, the important thing is that you can raise and educate your children.

Also, if the case occur, who better than you to educate and understand what diabetes implies?

There is no 100%security, nor in diabetes, nor in other diseases, nor even in what can happen in life, I would not give up my daughters for this issue, although, obviously, I do not want it.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/22/2013 8:29 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I personally see a bit extreme that diabetes is an element that condition the decision to have a child.

It is a hard, demanding disease, in many occasions frustrating .. but above all this, there is life itself.

You can be born as a rose, and after 2.15 or 20 years develop or not or any other disease, on many worse occasions, that there is in the world, and today, although many times we make the road costsUp, nobody says no, you can live with relative normality.

I appreciate one and a thousand times that my mother gave me life, perhaps the person who suffered the most and suffers with the appearance of this disease, and I do not believe that knowing that I would have diabetes over the years, I would have decided something else.

We have to remember the great luck we have to have been born in the northern hemisphere, if we live in other parts of the world, this conversation would not be or could, and could understand other types of approaches.

I believe that there are times that we must remember that we have diabetes and we are not diabetics, because we are much more than a disease, I often have to do this exercise of reflection and hit the table, and say here!

After all, it is the future of life ..., we like it or not

LAURA's profile photo
LAURA
08/23/2013 1:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.