Adam Morrison's story.Diabetes and Basket

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/01/2013 4:59 p.m.

Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/01/2013 4:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

OMASH I don't understand why you criticize you on the page that diabetics do not suffer "blurred vision, fatigue, tiredness, hunger, stomach pain or thirst"

If that is precisely what happens to us when we have hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.And it is evident that more than once I would have remained played, even with those conditions.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/01/2013 6:32 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

What I have written is this:
Those who have type 1 diabetes, except hypoglycemia and specific hyperglycemia, do not have any of those symptoms.

The author affirms: Even so, the fact of playing and being able to suffer characteristic symptoms of this dysfunction, such as blurred vision, fatigue, tiredness, hunger, stomach pain or thirst, do not help or facilitate the practice of sport and less elite, hence the merit of this character is even greater.

What I understand is that it says that all those who have DM1 suffer those symptoms.
And I try to tell him that except hypers or hypers we don't have it.

And if you read the author's answers, he says he has an uncle who has those symptoms and that's why he puts it.

But well, it is a basketball website, so no one enters there to inform themselves about diabetes.
Or should not.
It is only one more sample of much ignorance about the DM1

DiabetesForo
08/02/2013 1:30 p.m.

It is that all of us who are suffering these symptoms or we can suffer as it says on the web, and it is not a specific day of one day, it is almost every day we have a rise or a descent.

And I think that with the original explanation of the web you can do a better idea of ​​what sports with diabetes is to do.If you get too technical people in the end do not understand anything.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/02/2013 10:49 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Those symptoms suffer (sometimes, because it is not always) when you have hypers or hypers.
You do not have the symptoms every day, which is what implies the article ...

But well, I better leave it, total ...

DiabetesForo
08/03/2013 6:08 a.m.

Well, I don't feel those symptoms every day 8-}, nor do I have hypers and hypers toooodos ...... Maybe I am very lucky ....... or that I take care of me a little ...... or I know ..... Sherpa you are so negative, so pessimistic that I think that is your real problem and not diabetes ..... Live man, live life ......

DiabetesForo
08/03/2013 6:28 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.