{'en': 'Adrenaline and glucose, is there a relationship?', 'es': 'Adrenalina y glucosa, ¿existe relación?'} Image

Adrenaline and glucose, is there a relationship?

lokilla19's profile photo   08/31/2010 9:38 a.m.

Hello good!!

I tell you, I am a debut type 1 since May, I have been very good, but I have a doubt ...

The adrenaline climb in which form alters the glucose index?

Does it go up, or the low?

I love risk sports and attraction parks, but I don't know if I can ...

Thank you very much I wait for your answers !!

lokilla19's profile photo
lokilla19
08/31/2010 9:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good afternoon Lokilla19.
Thinking about how to answer your question I say that I am also a diabetic for almost 30 years and, I also love attraction parks, a couple of months ago I returned to Port Aventura with my family, to remember and mount on the magnificent roller coaster thatHe has, hehehehe.I think there is no problem, personally nothing has never happened to me, I have been riding more or less that they can activate your adrenaline, and my sugar has been normal, I also tell you that I do not know if other dayly days they canalter more or less.But if you like attraction parks enjoy them.Of course, if using insulin pump the manufacturer recommends that when you are going to use a risk attraction, roller mountains, free falls, etc., take it off during the route.Greetings and enjoy.

emagazar's profile photo
emagazar
08/31/2010 10:28 a.m.

Welcome Lokilla19!

Well, I am from the Emagazar group, I am a diabetic for almost 20 years, and the truth is that I have never had problems with attraction parks, risk sports etc.As long as you carry good control as you have said, it does not have any problem.So enjoy!

Nita_Wave's profile photo
Nita_Wave
08/31/2010 12:48 p.m.

Adrenaline is hyperglycemic, so it tends to raise blood glucose.
Nothing happens while a possible posterior downturn is controlled and monitored.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/31/2010 1:11 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
I have been in Port Aventura 3 weeks ago and the truth is that I not noticed anything weird, I mount in all the attractions, free, furius, we go that if I got up or under blood glucose because no idea, that if I pass it to meGreat and enjoy like a dwarf
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
08/31/2010 6:47 p.m.

Care must be taken with the glycemia climbing by stress ... glycemia rises very quickly but also falls very quickly, if you want to correct that high value consequence of stress it is advisable to be prudent and not "to" attell "excessive ultrarapid units... There are good chances of having a hiccup.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/02/2010 7:27 a.m.

And with the pump you have to take it away every time you mount a strong attraction ????

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
09/08/2014 8:34 p.m.

To me adrenaline goes up like a rocket ...
I have proven that work pimples easily lead me to 200 starting from 100 and without taking anything.With them I have already learned not even a fast unit since it produces a hypo.
It is as if those 200 were false and also in the following meal with the normal dose of food and insulin the probability of hypo is 50%

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/08/2014 8:44 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Well, I'm with Owash and ErnestThe 170 k but would end up liando, one day to play a game with my brother, that he is not diabetic and after the game was 178 and I was scared I told him that it was the K -glucose K has his body for when he needs itAs in that case, I really liked to see k a person k has the pancreas well also gets sometimes at 180 because I am enters a bad ostia see me high hahaha, I already have a greeting to everyone !!!!

CAMAS's profile photo
CAMAS
09/08/2014 10:10 p.m.

I go for the age of 28 and I have never noticed anything for adrenaline or for extreme sport or attractions, but I am one of those who think that each diabetic is a world.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/09/2014 4:48 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have not had any problems with the attractions in my more than 30 years of evolution.Since I carry the bomb, I have not tried any, but come on, I will not take it out to get on anything, I have it very clear

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/09/2014 6:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Tell you that in doubt about what @Ambazar has commented that the manufacturer recommends that when you are going to use a risk attraction, roller mountains, free falls, etc., you take it off during the tour, I have directly called Medtronic (which isThe brand of my specific bomb) and they have happened to the technical department and they have told me the following:

- It is advisable to remove it to avoid blows, which I think we carry the bomb, we carry it well protected, at least me, with which, I stay calm when it comes to getting into an attraction.
- In certain attractions, the insulin administration flow can be affected by the pressure during the time that the attraction lasts, so I am not worried if the attraction lasts 30 seconds at most.

This officially clarified, I will continue enjoying attractions with the pump on.;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/09/2014 7:12 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.