At the end of 2011 nurses recipes diabetics

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/06/2010 4:18 p.m.

The Andalusian Health Service provides that at the end of the year the nurses will begin to indicate pharmacological treatments to diabetics
SAS Sources have stressed that the 'collaborative prescription', as it has been fixed in calling this new attribution of nurses, will start at the end of this month of September with the training and accreditation program for the correct treatment of diabetes ",A process that will carry out the Andalusian Health Quality Agency

Seville (7-9-10) .- The Andalusian Health Service (SAS) provides that community nursing professionals can start collaborating with the medical establishment in terms of indication and monitoring of pharmacological treatments to diabetic patients.At the end of December or early 2001.

SAS Sources have stressed that the 'collaborative prescription', as it has been fixed in calling this new attribution of nurses, will start at the end of this month of September with the training and accreditation program for the correct treatment of diabetes ",A process that will carry out the Andalusian Health Quality Agency.

"These training and accreditation courses will last for spaces of about three months, so it is expected that the first nursing professionals begin to make this indication at the end of December or the beginning of January," said the aforementioned sources.With this, the second phase of development of the Decree of 'Nurse Indication' continues, which so far and since in September 2009 this benefit began, has allowed this professional group to issue more than 50,000 recipes, they highlighted.

Precisely the SAS website has already published the protocolized tracking dossier, within the professionals.This document, which can access all the toilets that perform their work in one of the SAS centers, offers as a guide the key guidelines for the correct development of this new competition and appears next to the decree that regulates all these practices.

Specifically, the collaborative prescription allows nurses, once accredited and provided that the optional request and authorize it, can monitor the pharmacological treatment previously indicated by the doctor to the patient.

Thus, from the SAS they point out that the nurse will have the capacity to vary the intensity or dose of the therapy to adapt it to the evolution presented by the patient ", that always in the framework of the protocol established for each chronic health problem.

The Andalusian Health Ministry is also working simultaneously in the elaboration of other guides to expand the collaboration of the prescription nurse to the treatment of pain and oral anticoagulation.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/06/2010 4:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Fear gives me this issue.Some have no idea what a type 1 is, and they will leave us with two boat boats per month, at most.And to see who convinces them that a hem less than 7 cannot be achieved with less than 7 controls a day ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/08/2010 6:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I do not agree with you, Regina, I study nursing and explain all the types of diabetes.
I belong to Castilla y León, and in my town it is the nurse that provides us with the strips, needles, etc ... the doctor only recipes insulin and glucagon that you then buy in the pharmacy.Personally the nurse has always given me everything I have needed, perfectly understands my situation.

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/20/2010 1:41 p.m.

Maria, what Regina comments is in general ... Many of those who are here are lucky to have medical staff who understand diabetes and what we need ... but unfortunately it is not usual ...

Look what the endocrine of glycemic self -analysis think, notice that it is a consensus, that is, it is what will be based all the endocrine to guide the glycemic control andWhat the political managers will defend:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/21/2010 4:15 a.m.

Then it will be a matter of which doctor/nurse you are so that you understand that you need more than 7 strips a day ...

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/21/2010 5:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.