Glucagon

mimbek's profile photo   08/22/2013 6:08 a.m.

On the website www.clinidiabet.com I have read the following in relation to hypoglycemia:

"In response to hypoglycemia in the first place, our body segregated glucagon that releasing glucose from liver deposits will try to solve the situation, an added problem is that glucagon secretion is practically non -existent after 5 years of evolution, with which the patientIt will depend for its defense exclusively on adrenaline, as cortisol, growth hormone and others have effect after hours and are important to reduce brain damage caused by prolonged hypoglycemia but do not serve for acute episode.First, releasing glucose from the liver and also reducing the peripheral use of glucose, when generally after many years of evolution of diabetes the secretion of adrenaline decreases or becomes absent then the patient is almost helpless in the face of serious hypoglycemia episodes.

If after 5 years, you have no glucagon reserves ... Why when you have a serious hypoglycemia inject glucagon?(It is assumed that this injection does is release the glucose reserves of the liver (glucagon), right? But do you no longer have?)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
08/22/2013 6:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think that the injected glucagon replaces the one we don't segregate, right?Like insulin, thyroid pills ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/22/2013 6:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

The question has dislodged me.I do not know the answer, but I am interested.I hope anxious answer :-)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/22/2013 8:07 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

What has dislodged me is that after 5 years you stop segregating glucagon ... If I'm not mistaken, I understand that the liver always remains some glucose reserve of what you eat.From there, when you exercise or drunk alcohol in excess, you have to be a little to the parrot later hours in case you have made the liver pull reserves ... and when you eat "it again fill its deposits."

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
08/22/2013 10:20 a.m.

The glucagon that you inject is a natural hormone, which has the opposite effect that of insulin in the human organism.It facilitates conversion in the liver from glycogen to glucose.Then the glucose is released to the bloodstream.
Come on, it really does the same as the natural convert liver reserves.
I once had to put one because it gave me a hypoglycemia and to top it fledThe hospital, it is seen that there are people who have reached two and the dry reserves have been left!

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
08/22/2013 10:37 a.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

What I have understood is that, after 5 years of evolution, the pancreas will no longer segregate glucagon, but the liver continues to reserve glucose.So, in severe hypoglycemia, you have to inject it, so that the glucose of the liver is released.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/22/2013 12:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The last one you say is what I have no news.That I know, it is not so.But I'll try to find out ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/22/2013 9:14 p.m.

Yes, they explained to me that we destroyed both beta and alfas cells.Lasts, in charge of releasing the glucagon, took longer to disappear but did not give me any time in which this happened.

He never gave me to ask, I assumed that the injectable glucagon would work as insulin but with the opposite effect.

And now a question, we all have a glucagon injection prepared in the refrigerator.TRUE?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/23/2013 6:11 a.m.

I will ask the next query with the educator, and to see what he tells me, although I still have a few months left.

Yes I have glucagon in the frigo, and it reassures me ... the bad thing that once you leave home is as if you had nothing!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
08/23/2013 7:41 a.m.

I am still at home, but when leaving ...: -s

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/23/2013 12:24 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

It is really not likely to have to use it.I always have in the frigo, but as they say here, what is the use of most of the day are you away from home?In any case, in 27 years I have never needed help to upload a hypo and it has been enough for coca juices and other dulzainas, despite having read in my device figures as crowding as a 22.
But to reassure people a little, I think losing knowledge due to hypoglycemia is something that demands a great mistake or an important leg weather.As well as, you don't have a serious hypo.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/23/2013 12:27 p.m.

Man ... in 22 years, I have had 2 serious hypos, to the point of losing consciousness.One, I needed the glucagon and the second was the last day of some diabetic colonies, so ... in the latter case, I don't know that case of paying or paying of pay could take place ...
But well, of this many years ago and I play wood so that I don't happen again ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/23/2013 12:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Intruda, in a colony there is an extra increase in physical activity that in many cases is much higher than usual in your ordinary life.and I know my association of hypos that have needed glucagon for that.Or for example, they also know children who punctured before eating, the food took a few more minutes, and ElNiño fell round.Many variables with diabetes must be taken into account.And always, sin caked, although of course, without passing, because hyper is not good either.But it has already been shown that too tight average figures pose a huge increase in the risk and number of serious hypoglycemia, which have been demonstrated more harmful to the diabetic than was thought so far.You have to avoid hypos, whether soft or strong.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/23/2013 12:41 p.m.

Of course Gondurulo, I am with you 100% what he thinks after the years, what I miss is that it was already the last day when we were doing our bags ... but hey, as you say, you have to control them, which is my goalRight now ... Let's see if I get it!

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/23/2013 12:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.