Hello!

cuerpoymente's profile photo   09/14/2010 5:45 a.m.

Hello, I am the mother of a 15 -year -old diabetic girl from 3, I would like to meet people of the same age and if possible of BCN or surroundings so that she knows people with their same illness and thus be able to relate to people who understand their problem.Thank you so much

cuerpoymente's profile photo
cuerpoymente
09/14/2010 5:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome.I am not from Barcelona or surroundings but I would advise you to look for some diabetes association to point it out because events, dinner, excursions, etc. are usually organized, etc.where you can meet more people with your illness.

All the best ;)

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/14/2010 6:50 a.m.

Hello, I also started with three years !!!

It's okay to look for people with diabetes of their age, but sometimes you have to be careful that you can meet each engendro ... in the city where I live they decided to create the diabetics that had had the same endocrine in children and that they had goneTogether with the diabetic camp an association for young people with diabetes (until here all good) I had never belonged to any association because when I started it was too small and then I no longer fancy, so I decided to help them with the association.The first day we were a small group of people, who had been with diabetes for many years and we wanted to analyze what problems we had suffered throughout our life because people sometimes do not understand diabetes (to try to solve to the extentof the possible).Someone said he had felt a bit weird when his friends began to go out, they did not understand why he got drunk.The one who carried the singing voice of society said that it was nonsense, that he had taken every impressive pedal and that he was not affected to be diabetic, and without cutting a hair, he took out some bottles of chief and voice from the backpack to encourageThe meeting (of diabetics ...) It occurred to me to tell me that I had helped me a lot to be in a mountain group, which I had felt very well integrated.And others "of those who knew a lot about diabetes" told me that if I was crazy, that in the Time camp that had made some excurion more than one burned fainting and having to get glucagon ...
I still sinned again, and gave them another chance, but this time instead of doing it in a place, we went to do a barcacoa ... that more than a barbecue was the carbohydrate party ....
Come on, they were scattered and they didn't see my hair again

tica's profile photo
tica
09/14/2010 9:48 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thank you very much!I will try to contact the association in my town, what happens is that since nothing is heard or know about people who more or less this in my same situation ... I suppose it is to look and someone I will find that I solve meAs for what I need, thanks again!

cuerpoymente's profile photo
cuerpoymente
09/14/2010 10:01 a.m.

I have that well because the president of the association of which I am a partner is my diabetes educator, so I know that she will be responsible and she will always look for our good because, in addition, she is also diabetic.

Anyway, you will tell us how the search has gone (online I suppose you can access the association's page) and yes, Tica is right, try to attend meetings with your daughter (at least at the beginning)To control the environment and that ...

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/14/2010 10:14 a.m.

Welcome body!
Here you will find people who will advise you and help you a lot
All the best

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/16/2010 4:55 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.