U tag.

Jorditel's profile photo   09/16/2010 1:53 p.m.

Hello, I have recently known that there are a number of plates called U tag (or Utag) with built -in chips that can be carried in bracelets and pendants and have information about diseases that you can have and you cannot say at that time (for being mute,having lost knowledge, etc.), as well as emergency numbers and others.

The point was that I wanted to know if you know them (or similar) and if you know if in Spain they are known (the selling company is from the United States, or so I think), since they seem very practical and it is possible to buy mesome.The problem is that they are worth € 39 (more shipping costs, I suppose) and, by the way, I would like to know if, since you know these plates, you know if there are some cheaper.

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/16/2010 1:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

By the way, it must also be taken into account that the information is in 7 languages, which is also important ...

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/16/2010 1:54 p.m.

Well, I particularly know them. They are not bad according to, but I doubt that people here in Spain, know what that chip is, or know how to use it, because I do not think that type of bracelet is still well known. I haveA much simpler bracelet is like black rubber, and puts blank that I am diabetics type 1.asi in an urgency, at least they know what I am.
I find it strange to imagine the other bracelet ... In an urgency, people looking for a PC or a computer to plug the bracelet to know what information keeps or what is it ... hehehe, as it happens to you in the street ...complicated..

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
09/16/2010 2:11 p.m.

The sheet in itself, in any merchant or jewelry finolis (depends tastes) you can have it .... sheet+record whatever you should not cost you or 5 euros

As for the chip, it is nothing more than a USB device with a self -demand program of start ... with a minimum computer knowledge can be done.

On the other hand, you have to keep in mind that sometimes public computer equipment has vetoed external connections ...
In fact, not too long ago there was a certain discomfort among glucometers manufacturers because they had developed glycemia results management softwares and in the computers of primary and endocrine doctors did not allow downloading the data, except express permission from the administrators ofThe Internal Computer Network.
In endocrine and educators consultations the subject was resolved ... in primary I think no.

Probably, the digital medical history is a reality throughout Spain in the next 5 years ... So the information flow will be very fast.

Another song is abroad ...

It seems useful to me in case of serious allergies, pluripatologies or rare diseases ....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/16/2010 2:13 p.m.

I imagined that they were not well known because I had never heard of them.Buy a sheet and record it (or a bracelet) I have also thought about it but the other sheet would admit more information, obviously.But yes, until something new comes out, buying a sheet and recording my illness and some emergency phone is the best.

Anyway, thank you very much;)

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/16/2010 3:09 p.m.

Yes, the truth is the new technologies in chips and others to turn quick information to doctors and others are around the corner, to the genetic map ... right now it will be available to everyone, but for now ...We settle for lifelong chapters.
By the way I have two from when I didn't have the bomb and another saying that I am a bomb user ... but right now I don't even carry them:?Esque in summer bother me with sweat.
All the best.

Carmentxu's profile photo
Carmentxu
09/17/2010 8:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.