{'en': 'Cerebral edema due to sudden glycemia changes', 'es': 'Edema cerebral por cambios bruscos de la glucemia'} Image

Cerebral edema due to sudden glycemia changes

Carmentxu's profile photo   09/17/2010 6:37 a.m.

Hello everyone!

I was sailing online about diabets and collecting information about other things, when suddenly they refer me to a forum in which a person explained the sensitivity factor, the corrective bowling, ratios ...

In the end that reading a little out there, he explained that :( textual words of that person)-before very pronounced hyperglycemia & GT;of 350 mg/dl, remember that no blood glucose changes more than 80 - 100 mg/dl/h to avoid the risk of cerebral edema, so that the objective will be to descend the blood glucose in later 2 hours and ifIt is necessary to put a posterior bolus to normalize blood glucose

I had no idea that there can be a cerebral edema, you had heard, or do you know if this is true ???

I have been checked :?

I correct a figure at the time I do not wait for only only one :?

I am made a mess, now yes, yes.:-/

All the best!

Carmentxu's profile photo
Carmentxu
09/17/2010 6:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Perhaps it refers to hospital situations, where insulin and glucose is administered intravenously.

When we corrected, we do it with ultrarapid insulin, its action profile is 3 hours, so the absorption is gradual, never immediate.
It could happen if we click directly in vein, an impossible thing with the current needles.

The cerebral edema ... I had not read it, but I will look for information.
In fact, one of my issues pending study is the "neuronal death" by serious hypoglycemia ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/17/2010 7:42 a.m.

Well Owash, I have continued to investigate and it is something more related to ketoacidosis and hyperglycemia, but as I am curing, I have not had more time to search.
Let's see if we get out of doubt between them.
Thanks for answering majo.: D

Carmentxu's profile photo
Carmentxu
09/17/2010 8:04 a.m.

Wow, it's very worrying.The truth is that I had not heard of edema either but it is true what Owash says: the insulin that we injected into the house gradually acts, so I don't think such a thing can happen.

Even so, I will also look for information about it and I will leave doubts.If I find something new, I will let you know.

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/17/2010 8:15 a.m.

Yes, everything is possible with the diabètes !!!!I already said it very clearly: it is a very rack disease and you have to wait for everything and at any time !!!L-)

ani's profile photo
ani
02/28/2016 6:02 p.m.

I read about that in a book: "Comprehensive care of the diabetic patient" by Israel Lerman.As commented @owash is contemplated in the hospitalization chapter.The fast insulin takes 3h to completely go to the blood, but intravenously 5 minutes.It is related to ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar state because they are situations in which a diabetic can enter the hospital urgently, and although the "logical" would be to reduce the glucose level as quickly as possible, it is advised not to overcome that rhythm to reduceThe possibilities of suffering edema.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
02/29/2016 12:18 a.m.

Yes, it is related to the speed of glucose decreases .., it should not be too fast.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/29/2016 12:50 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

When I have a climb of those of 300 and peak and I correct myself, sometimes there are because of whatever I am more sensitive to insulin and I get quickly and pingo badly, my stomach stirns, they give me nausea, my head meIt explodes, I see myself to die, I have even died.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/29/2016 2:17 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.