Incommunicated insulin pumps with glucometers.Let's say I talk about Madrid.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/13/2013 4:07 p.m.

Link

The consequences of the nefarious health policies, indiscriminate and meaningless cuts, give rise to sperm situations of inequality in the National Health System, in force in Spain.

Background.

Community of Madrid.6 and a half million inhabitants.More than 750,000 people with DM.

2013 Reactive Struts Contest for patients and health centers of the entire community.

Especially interesting because it is the contest after the failed attempt as a Central de Purchas, where Madrid did not adhere but did copy many of its failures.

Facts

The specifications of administrative clauses offers us the first surprise in clause 6: Unique award criteria the price.

The second surprise comes in clause 15, the famous N-1: in each of the lots to which it is tendered, the "base offer" of the lowest score will be excluded, that is, the most of the most economic value, being also excluded the possible variants to which it has been offered, regardless of the score obtained, as indicated in section 8 of Annex 2

The agreement is for 2 years extendable to another 2

Resources
The first resolution states that Roche is not awarded any of the lots and resorts the first award.In Extremis, manages to get into the second lot (that of health centers)

The consequences
Acuchek Combo and Medtronic Paradigm insulin bombs are capped.

The Community of Madrid will not supply, for the next 2 years, reactive strips for glucometers that allow to send the glycemies telematically to the bomb, program the Bolus and, ultimately, make the lives of some patients more comfortable.

All for just a few euros, a small restriction amid an enormous spending arsenal that does not take into account the suitability of devices, nor the usefulness for patients.

Because once again, patients do not paint anything.We still are not important.We continue without having decision power and we are the injured.

The questions

- With all respect for new companies that want to do business with the DM (because I do not know their products or know them), how is it possible that 2 companies- Nipro and Goldstar Pharma- without presence in the Spanish market can be awardedFrom a contest above a multinational like Roche?

- Why has you not issued any statement on this, if in essence, it is for the same thing that was repeatedly denouncing months before?

- Why Bayer and Roche with all the power of these multinationals have been unable to make their strips into this contest?

- Where is thirst at this time?And the SEE or the SEEP?You don't have to make complaints at the beginning of 2013?

- Where is the equity of the national health system?

- If only the price matters and the 2 glucometers with somewhat more advanced technology (direct connection with ISCI) are left out. Why would they have to invest money Roche and Bayer in Spain?Our authorities have already shown that they are not interested in the technology or the ease of life of patients.

Moreover, why would anyone have to invest money in DM, if then the only thing that matters is a low price?

- The unit prices per pull are scandalously low ... remember that Madrid dispens the strips in health centers.

To compare: the most expensive strip is that of Lifescan Verio 14.3 € in Madrid.In Valencia a price of € 21.95 is in force

Will there will be a fall of Casa de Naipes in other communities in relation to the price of the strips?

- You cannot only speculate, forgive, negotiate with the price: education materials, lancets, supplies, shipments, training, user attention lines ... There are many other things that would have to be included ina negotiation of these characteristics.

The inflexibility of the administration continues to harm health.

Finally, dedicated- once more- to all our politicians, who feel like the law so comfortable, I copy the paragraph of Law 10/2013, of July 24, which comes to transpose various European directives andLaw 29/2006, of July 26, on guarantees and rational use of medicines and health products is modified:

«The measures aimed at rationalizing the prescription and use of medicines and health products that may adopt the autonomous communities will not produce differences in the conditions of access to medicines and health products funded by the National System of Health, Catalog and prices.These rationalization measures will be homogeneous for the entire Spanish territory and will not produce distortions in the single market of medicines and health products. »

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/13/2013 4:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Owash, I am one of those affected by this subject and I would like you to "advise me" ...
I have no idea how many users we are affected by this topic, and I am looking for how much information I can, hence, seeing your article, I feel forced to resort to your help.Where can I get in touch with others affected?With my help.

ffparrales's profile photo
ffparrales
09/27/2013 7:30 p.m.

Hello
You have few or no possibility.
I say you have because I am from Valencia and I am not affected.
Nor use any of the 2 meters.

He thinks that a multinational like Roche, with an army of specialized lawyers and a great pressure power, has not been able to cast back the contest.

The only way would be patient pressure.
That without Fede's media speaker or Apéadrid seems very difficult.

The solution is to put back the contest, something that legally I do not think it happens because surely some of the winners would resort to and be eternalized again.

The only thing that occurs to me is something a bit crazy.
Some hospitals have foundations.
The issue would be that the X Foundation, which works oblivious to the mechanisms of the Ministry of Health, acquire the reactive strips for a "study" with the contour glucometers Link and Achuchek Combo.
The study should last at least 2 years and participate patients who so far carry those strips.

I don't know if this would not be illegal #-o

As for affected ... well prove on Twitter or Facebook.
I can't think of more.

In my profile you have my email and my website, in case I can help in something.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/28/2013 8:23 a.m.

Hello
I am one of those affected by this issue, they are sending me the strips, through the TLF 900 40 00 00, I recommend that you ask them in advance, because although they assure you that they would arrive in 3 days to me it would be late2 weeks.

I believe that the management of the Community of Madrid is shameful, now it turnsPaz, although I am very happy with my endocrine.

Unfortunately I do not believe that patients (although we are many) can exert pressure on such a scoundrel panda, which have no shame to play with the health of people.

I also carry a dexcom G4, which already supposes me a paste, as they continue like this, we see everything, and this disease is really very expensive.

Solete82's profile photo
Solete82
10/25/2013 1:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.