Hello

diegomiquel's profile photo   09/17/2013 9:20 a.m.

Hello, I have discovered this forum by chance, I have been diabetic for more than 20 years, and I have the problem for a few years that I do not detect hypoglycemia, I do not remember the times that I have woken up with doctors and nurses of the ambulance around me.4 months ago I went on a trip alone and I had a hypoglycemia that I did not detect, I gave an impressive blow, I am alive of a miracle.I went out with multiple invoices in my chest and back.My endocrine has recommended the G4 device, you can talk to me about the device.This weekend I go to Andorra can I buy it there?Thank you so much.All the best.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
09/17/2013 9:20 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Welcome to the Diegomiquel Forum!, When you say the "G4 device", I understand that you refer to the Dexcom G4, it is a continuous glucose meter, I use it, in several messages of the forum it has been commented on its operation and other systems.

Buying it in Andorra, I have no idea, if you get it, I would be interested in knowing if they also sell the patches and at what price!$-)

In Spain it is distributed exclusively and compared to the USA are more expensive.: (((

Here I leave links to messages on the subject:
Link
Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
09/20/2013 5:35 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello and welcome @diegomiquel !!I don't know if I'm going to encourage you or discourage but I tell you my case.I have been like you and threw myself like this at least 3 years in a row.That is, with serious hypoglycemia not detected where I have suffered cranioecephalic trauma due to falls, 061 was every week in my house and a multitude of hospital admissions by hypos.In addition I also come from a failed cervical column operation and with consequences.
In short, after passing through the thousands of dramas of the non -detected hypoglycemia, which we suffer only those who suffer from them, social security agreed to finance both the insulin pump and the continuous glucose sensor, in my case everything is of Medtronic.
Is it good news?Yeah.What to be half dead to finance it?Well, it seems that too.
At least social security will finance both the bomb and the freestyle, which is not MCG, but something is something.
So my advice is to fight because you have, like me, arguments to ask for it.Ah!It depends on the community in which you live to finance the MCG, in my case Andalusia, they do, but I think there is more.
My life changed after having the bomb and the MCG, neither a single income nor called to 061 since then.For those who suffer it you will understand that this is a change of life for better.
I do not know the Dexcom G4, but the one I use from Medtronic with the bomb, with its failures, I am infinitely happy.
So fight it and fight it because, in your case with more reason, we deserve to finance us all !!
Greetings, luck and a lot of encouragement !!😉😉

sllf's profile photo
sllf
09/14/2019 9:52 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

diegomiquel said:
Hello, I have discovered this forum by chance, I have been diabetic for more than 20 years, and I have the problem for a few years that I do not detect hypoglycemia, I do not remember the times thatI have woken up with doctors and nurses of the ambulance around me.4 months ago I went on a trip alone and I had a hypoglycemia that I did not detect, I gave an impressive blow, I am alive of a miracle.I went out with multiple invoices in my chest and back.My endocrine has recommended the G4 device, you can talk to me about the device.This weekend I go to Andorra can I buy it there?Thank you so much.Greetings.

After the Dexcom G4, Dexcom G5 has come out, now it is Dexcom G6.The good thing is that they sell the three you can choose the one you want.Look here you have a review of the Dexcom G6, I was lucky to be one of the first to use it.
Link

Andora, as fellow Fer tells you, I would look at prices before buying nothing there.There are in countries of the European Union that are more expensive than in Spain and the theme of Andorra that we all know does not matter.Take the prices pointed out and look at it, the issue is that this is not sold in pharmacies is bought directly to laboratories, you must see in Andorra who distributes it but eye at prices I repeat, and then know the most important thing if anyone fails you inSpain does not answer the guarantee, you must think a lot about the savings that you will know knowing this disadvantage.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/14/2019 6:07 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.