Endobarrier intestinal case

Rafa's profile photo   09/19/2013 1:25 p.m.

Hello everyone, my name is Rafa and I live in Barcelona, ​​I just discovered this forum, I am 43 years at 33 I was diagnosed with type II diabetes.
Anyway, I have the high glucose levels and a little overweight, next week I operate, I am implanted by endoscopy an endobarrier cover (first section of the thin intestine), you can advise me, some experience of some forero, thank you very much and aI greet everyone

Rafa's profile photo
Rafa
09/19/2013 1:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Rafa.Wish you a total success in that operation, that it is mild and above all that it takes the desired effects.
For my part I have no information about it, but it will be of much interest to all of us who are you in the coming weeks who tell us how you evolve.
A hug.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/20/2013 4:21 a.m.

Hello Miguel, thanks for answering, I can tell you that the diet before the intervention is very hard, and then for 1 month, imagine 600 calories and liquid, you have to have a lot of will, a hug.

Rafa's profile photo
Rafa
09/20/2013 11 a.m.

Good morning everyone, my first day with the Endobarrier case, for now everything is going well, I will inform you of evolution, greetings.

Rafa's profile photo
Rafa
09/24/2013 3:42 a.m.

I encourage Rafa!, I hope you improve quickly, do you have to be ungrateful or at home?

fer's profile photo
fer
09/24/2013 6:52 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks Fer, I am at home, they operated in the morning and at night at home, the fade cuts, a greeting.

Rafa's profile photo
Rafa
09/25/2013 3:58 a.m.

Rafa, again my best wishes after the operation.It has been yesterday, therefore I now suppose you with the discomforts of the postoperative period.
Courage to overcome it well and we are interested in being telling us your state and your evolution.
A hug.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/26/2013 4:28 a.m.

Thanks Miguel, they operated on Monday, today I have a visit with the endocrine and surgeon, I can tell you that these days I have lost enough weight and my glucose levels have dropped considerably, a hug.

Rafa's profile photo
Rafa
09/27/2013 5:20 a.m.

Hi Rafa! I guess you have to make adjustments with insulin, how do you carry it?

fer's profile photo
fer
09/27/2013 2:40 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi Fer, indeed, the endocrine has changed the insulin today, before I was injected with Novomix 50 (28-0-28) and tonight it happened to a slow lantus insulin (0-0-30).At the moment the endocrine has told me that I have lowered the high levels of Glusosa spectacularly, within a few days of the intervention.The surgeon told me, if I follow the guidelines correctly, they will surely take away the insulin.Greetings

Rafa's profile photo
Rafa
09/27/2013 4:55 p.m.

Do not take away insulin!You have to help your beta cells, otherwise you will exhaust them and you will have to depend exclusively on insulin injections.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
09/27/2013 6:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.