Levemir allergy

LADA's profile photo   09/25/2013 5:25 a.m.

Good morning,
I have been in treatment with Levemir (12u) for a long time when I was injected I got like packages in the place of administration as mosquito bites, I told the endo and told me that I was allergic to that insulin.He changed me to Lantus and everything great.I commented that I wanted to get pregnant and immediately withdrew the Lantus returning to the Levemir.
Obviously the reactions have returned, yesterday I approached the consultation and told me that I had to withdraw it ... in the end ... it has changed it to Novomix 30 (10 u before breakfast and 6 before dinner) and at food my foodRegular dose of novorapid (4 u normally).
The fact is that I have read that this type of insulin involves more hypoglycemia, in addition to being very clear about the schedule that I must follow to inject myself.Breakfast at 7 (Monday to Friday) and Ceno at 9:30 p.m. with what I get more than 12 hours between one dose and another.As always doubts arise after leaving the consultation and doctors to change the treatment and "cure" your present evil fulfill.

Could someone help me with my doubts ???

Thank you so much

LADA's profile photo
LADA
09/25/2013 5:25 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

The Lantus has already been used in many pregnancies without any problem.I think it must already be approved in pregnancy.Tell him with the endo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/25/2013 12:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina, there is no way, I repeated a thousand times that not that the only one could get a NPH but in two doses and that as I need little insulin the Novomix was ideal for me.
What worries me is the schedule theme, if you have to respect any and the descents/peaks.
And above all the impotence of being controlled and returning to an lack of control due to insulin changes.

LADA's profile photo
LADA
09/25/2013 4:14 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Lada, can't you change endocrine?The Lantus are using it in pregnancy many people (I will go through that long pregnancy thread) a few years ago it was not approved, now.They changed NPH and had to change the Lantus again and have a beautiful girl

tica's profile photo
tica
09/25/2013 5:23 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Today I have called it and he has told me that there are no conclusive studies ... that if you are not looking for it and happens it is valid but that with a scheduled pregnancy it is a decision to make for me the lantus oenrme if the studies are not conclusive.

I will try Novomix to see how it is, but with many doubts, I have already raised it

Thank you

LADA's profile photo
LADA
09/26/2013 7:09 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Well .. it seems that he is already changing his mind.I would not be very aware ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/26/2013 5:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello "Lada".
I hope you read me ...
I have tried a lot of insulins and always well.
On Wednesday they sent me Levemir Innolet.One that comes with a clock -like pen.
I put it twice and what you describe happened to me.I have left two large packages, such as bites ... and they hurt a lot.I told Dra.And it has sent me in a pen format ... and the same ... two other packages ... no matter in the abdomen or in the leg ...
I thought it was the only one because even Dra.It has been surprised ...
Has it happened to you with other insulins?Has he gave you reason for why it can be ...?

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/30/2020 9:40 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.