People from Vigo?

federico_perez's profile photo   10/02/2013 3:24 p.m.

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I would like to know if there are people from Vigo here ...

federico_perez's profile photo
federico_perez
10/02/2013 3:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Federico I am from Santiago and I'm glad I found another Galician here

marialucf's profile photo
marialucf
03/28/2014 11:09 a.m.

Hi @Marialucf and @federico_perez !! We are also from Santiago !!That well to find people from here and thus be able to share concerns about Sergas: doctors, supply of material ... and maybe some remained ...

A great greeting to everyone

Enma's profile photo
Enma
03/31/2014 7:53 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Hello, how well we have found ourselves here, do you know the diabetic association that is here in Santiago?She is in Vite and the president is Teresa the diabetes nurse who is in Conxo I have been aimed at many years although I almost never attended for lack of time

marialucf's profile photo
marialucf
04/03/2014 11:08 a.m.

Hi Emma, ​​Marialucf, Federico Perez, ... I live in Caldas de Reis, 22 years old.I just entered this forum.A hug.

Leo_7's profile photo
Leo_7
04/24/2014 3:40 p.m.

Hello everyone !!!If I know the Marialucf association, but the truth is that what happens to you happens to you, we do not go due to lack of time: with school -age children it is practically impossible.What we do is get closer to the tent that gets every year on World Diabetes Day, since thanks to her we knew very early that my son was diabetic and had a quiet debut, for that reason it is still traumatic.
I hope to maintain contact through the forum and share experiences.
A hug and a bico

Enma's profile photo
Enma
04/28/2014 7:50 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Hello Enma, if it is not much trouble, I wanted to know how old your son diagnosed, and if in your family there is a history of diabetes.
Like you, I hope to share experiences with you and not disconnect from all the problems and news that may arise.
A hug.

Leo_7's profile photo
Leo_7
04/29/2014 8:42 a.m.

Hello everyone !! Of course I don't mind telling you, @leo_7, the age at which my son and all that was diagnosed.They were diagnosed at 10 years old, and in the family by his father there is a cousin (from my husband) with type 1 diabetes, my father -in -law now begins to emerge with a type 2.
My son had been in control with the endocrine about 6 months before his debut and all this was why he wanted to be measured in the diabetes day tent.
If you need more, dimin it than how little I know I will help you.
A hug

Enma's profile photo
Enma
05/05/2014 9:34 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Thank you very much Enma.In my case, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 14, and in my family only my father's grandmother had diabetes.I have a 4 -year -old son, and although I have always heard that the children of a diabetic does not have to have diabetes, now that I am a father, doubts arise about this.What do you think about it? ...

Leo_7's profile photo
Leo_7
05/06/2014 8:12 p.m.

Link

;)

Leo_7's profile photo
Leo_7
05/08/2014 12:48 p.m.

For more ease, here I leave the text of the previous news:

The artificial pancreas will soon be a dream become a reality

Technological advances advance successfully in the creation of a computer or software program capable of interpreting the results of a continuous glycemia monitoring system and transmitting them to an insulin pump on a small device, called artificial pancreas, which will maintain the levelsof blood glucose within the normal range.

By Joe Cardozo

Several studies financed by the JDRF (Youth Diabetes Research Foundation) are being carried out to ensure that these prototypes that have already shown to function very well, are approved as soon as possible by the administration of food and food of the United States (FDA).

Currently people with type 1 diabetes require injecting insulin several times a day and frequently monitoring their blood glucose levels in order to adjust their insulin doses, carbohydrate intake and physical activity so that they can maintain their glycemia values ​​the mostclose to or normal as possible, as well as a level of hemoglobin A1C below 7%, and thus prevent or delay the appearance of the fearsome chronic complications associated with the poor control of diabetes.On the other hand, people with diabetes must take all necessary measures to prevent hypoglycemia episodes or low blood glucose levels and keep alert in case this occurs, in which case they will need to counteract it by ingesting food or drinks containing carbohydrates ofrapid absorption (simple carbohydrates) or ultimately requiring that someone injects them glucagon.Glucagon is an injected medicine that is used to raise blood glucose levels when the patient has lost knowledge because of hypoglycemia.

The artificial pancreas will represent an extraordinary control tool that will revolutionize the treatment of diabetes, since it will allow people with type 1 diabetes to maintain their blood glucose levels within the normal range (70 mg/dl at 110 mg/dl)No need to inject insulin or monitor your blood glucose levels.

Developing a device with these features is not an easy task

First, the device needs to have the ability to continually detect the levels of glycemia of patients, and know if the trend is for these levels to rise or to lower too much and thus be able to keep them within the normal range (70mg/dl a110 mg/dl) at all times.

For that, the artificial pancreas is required to automatically provide the exact dose of insulin that the organism requires when glycemia levels are raised above normal (hyperglycemia) and that on the other hand also has the ability to automatically supply the precise doseof glucagon when glycemia levels are descending below normal (hypoglycemia).

The artificial pancreas is a device that consists of a closed circuit that does not require user intervention in the decision -making process and is responsible for maintaining well -controlled glycemia levels by sophisticated computerized algorithms that manage the necessary insulin through a pumpof insulin and prevents hypoglycemia through a glucagon reservoir, according to the results transmitted by the Integrated System of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in the Blood.

The story of one of the participants in this study

Elle Shaheen is a young teenager with type 1 diabetes who participated in a study that was conducted at the Massachusets General Boston Hospital, where they placed a pancreasArtificial connected to a laptop.In the future this device will be the size of a cell phone.

Dr. Steven Russel, an instructor from the Harvard University School of Medicine and head of this team of researchers said “for three days the device did the work that the Pancreas of Elle could never do again” and added “theControl of its glycemia levels was very, very good and we were very, very pleased of what we had observed with it ”

Edward Diamano, Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Boston University and one of those who make up the team of researchers said the device learned the blood glucose patterns of Elle and made the appropriately necessary adjustments “The device towards adjustments every 5 minutes"He concluded by saying.

During that weekend, Elle did not have to use his insulin pump or monitor his glycemia levels and he could also eat meals that he had not been able to eat, in large quantities, for more than 4 years."She ate spaghetti with baked cheese and fried potatoes," said Stefany Shaheen, Mother of Elle and added "she ate between 67 and 100 grams of carbohydrates at each meal, when she can only eat 40 to 50 grams of carbohydrates."

At the end of this test Elle had to leave the artificial pancreas and return to its usual treatment with the insulin pump, counting carbohydrates and monitoring its glucose levels every 2 hours.

"We are too impatient to have access to this wonderful device," said Elle's mother and concluded saying "this will definitely revolutionize the way she lives."

The artificial pancreas prototype is already in the hands of the FDA

The Russel and Damian doctors have already given the artificial pancreas prototype of the Federal Pancreas to the federal agency, so small that it can be carried in a pocket or hooked to a belt.The device has two lowercase pieces that are inserted to the skin, one to continuously monitor glycemia levels and the other to supply insulin or glucagon according to what they indicate the blood glucose levels.

The FDA requires that until the artificial pancreas is not approved, doctors should keep their patients inside the hospital while using this device.

Dr. Charles Zimliki, who presides over the artificial pancreas of the FDA, testified last year to a committee of the United States Senate where he said “the potential benefits of the artificial pancreas are huge but if they are not designed properly, the use of the useFrom this device in outpatients could place these patients at significant risk. ”

Dr. Russell said that for December of this year the FDA of permission to use it in adults with type 1 diabetes that can leave the hospital and walk around accompanied by a nurse.Russell also expects children and young people to participate in a holiday camp of children and young people with diabetes that will take place during next year they can also use it.

What do the representatives of the artificial pancreas project of the JDRF think?

"I feel a lot of optimism but I stay cautiously," said Dr. Aaron Kowalski, vice president of the JDRFY treatment therapies continued to say "FDA has really changed and moves much faster .. My hope is that in oneor two years, we will see approvals of these devices that can properly control blood glucose levels, and that is only the tip of the iceberg. "

Kowalski concluded by saying that he believes that the artificial pancreas is probably approved in stages."I don't think it will be a product, but rather an evolution."

fer's profile photo
fer
05/08/2014 2:17 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Let's see..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/08/2014 6:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.