Why do products without added sugars have more fat?

valky's profile photo   10/09/2013 7:04 p.m.

The other day I had consult with the diabetic educator and once again I insisted that it is not worth eating products without added sugars, for having equally sugars although less, they are more artificial, apart from expensive, and also because they are more fatty thanThe same product with sugars.Is that true?I thought that for example a cookie without addressed sugars, was less sweet and therefore with less fats than the same normal cookie, golden marbu type.Why do products without added sugars have more fats?It is not that I use many but some have at home, cookie without addressed sugars, choco without, juice without, coacao light and little else.What products without added sugars have you tried?

valky's profile photo
valky
10/09/2013 7:04 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I have no product of those that call "apt for diabetics", I have always seemed much less healthy than those who carry sugar, for sweeteners and because it is true that they have more fat.I always say that we are not allergic to sugar, we are not prohibited from sugar, we simply have to put the corresponding insulin and above all do not abuse, whether or not diabetic it is not good to abuse sweets, pastries and junk food in general.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/09/2013 7:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To me more than the fact that it carries sugar or not, the important thing is its ingredients.Or rather, its quality.There are sugar -free products that have no more fat than their "equivalent" with sugar.Sometimes you find palm oils in a sugar product and do not find it in a similar sugar product, but in its place it carries high oleic oil.Which one do I stay with?Without a doubt, with the sugar without.

Anyway, it is a matter of looking.because on the other hand there is the issue of rations.Assuming that prod.With and without containing the same ingredients, I usually like to take the least HC has.And the polyalcohols allow me a post -prandial peak better than a product with sucrose or glucose.Come on, I am not one of the detractors of the products without.
Not to mention that in many cases, doctors and endocrine recommend the equivalent of a simple reason: that they are afraid that the prod.Light eats excessively due to ignorance, something very common, by the way.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/09/2013 8:32 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I also believe that the important thing is to look good nutritional values.I have bought added sugar products, the most spectacular was for my liking chocolate smoothie without added sugar.It contained 1 ration of HC per 200 ml and 48% calories less than the normal pulleva shake, we go a luxury to take the institute, to excursions ... problem, which I have stopped finding, here and in Madrid ..At the time I wrote to the house and they told me that they continued to produce them, that it would have been a point distribution problem, they came for a couple more months (I bought them I think everyone, hahaha), and they disappeared again ... well, that I am leaving the subject ... that it is true that many of the dietary products suitable for diabetics, eliminate part of the sugar and enhance their flavor with fats, or use fructose or other sweetener, hence the importance of nutritional information

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/10/2013 5:09 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Exactly, depending on the product, the sugar or sugar -free version may be better.You have to read the nutritional information!

Placer_Sin_Azúcar's profile photo
Placer_Sin_Azúcar
11/26/2016 7:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I share the opinion with the colleagues, the insulin is to be used, seeing the composition well and controlling the issue of portions, it is not necessary to buy those products, because if you look well the labels and compare them most of the time there would be a surprise.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/26/2016 8:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I do not usually take light or sugar products, except some whims that I give from time to time, for example, chocolate (or some cookie), the brand of the mercadona.And I now buy Light Jam, Philadelphia Light cheese and moldless sugar bread.I always buy those 3 products, the other two not always.In general they are things that I compare and see them well to take them, for example it is that the jam of the same brand has in the first ingredients the fruit that is, glucose and sugar, with which, I prefer to keep the other for giving it a little joyTo my breakfast.
The rest of the things I comment, it is true that maybe they have more fats, but the normal uploads the glucose so I take them from time to time and take off my slit, although I no longer buy it because I am able to eat meAll of the pull.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
11/28/2016 9:57 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.