Diabetes and thyroid cancer !!

paky's profile photo   10/19/2013 3:19 p.m.

Hi, I'm Paqui !!!A few years ago (4 exactly) debut as type 1 diabetics !!I am 42 years old.A month ago they operated on a thyroid, they took it out complete, I had some nods that had them supercontrolled with ultrasound and punctures !!!Everything was correct the punctures were negative (all benign), after the operation I shot my sugar I had important increases !!They told me that it was normal, that it would be regulated over time and so it was !!!But what was my surprise when on the 17th I will review the surgeon and they tell me that there was a follicular carcinoma among the nodeles !!!You can imagine me frost !!!In a month they will give me sessions of radioactive iodine !!And I know that it is not just aggressive but I am afraid !!!Fear of what will happen, as will affect me diabetes, my family, my life in general !!!And well I finish the royo !!!Sche was here at home, alone and I told me to tell you !!!Greetings to all !!!!

P.D ahhh I forgot despite under -round that I have, I will be good!I have a wonderful family and a fucking medical team !!!A Paky hug.

paky's profile photo
paky
10/19/2013 3:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Many Paqui encouragement!You will see that everything will be great!a kiss ;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
10/19/2013 5:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hi @Paky,

I can't tell you much about the issue of carcinoma, but here you have us to give you support! I hope you do very well and you recover the stability soon, encourage !!

: -H

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2013 5:46 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

thank you so much!!!

paky's profile photo
paky
10/20/2013 9:03 a.m.

Much encouragement @Paky.A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/22/2013 12:53 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Paqui.I was removed from my thyroid (benign) years after debuting as DM1, in 2007. The truth is that I do not notice the lack of thyroid and sugar level, even with thyroid medication (the famous eutirox).What happens is that nobody tells us, because pharmacists are not interested, the relationship between all diseases of the metabolic system, which I am convinced that it will be hidden under seven keys in some safe or there will be a pact between "knights" forhide it for economic benefit.Much encouragement.Everything will be fine.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
10/24/2013 6:21 p.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Novorapid (a demanda con pauta 4-8-6) + Lantus (16)
Última glico 6,5
Colesterol e hipotiroidismo
Deportista aficionado de alta intensidad

Hello!Mine is the other way around, I am hypothyroid since the age of 11, my thyroid just works just, and I debuted with 29 in type1, to me if at all times they told me that there is a relationship between these two organs and their functional deficits.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
12/13/2016 3:03 p.m.

A lot of encouragement!Surely everything goes well.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/14/2016 12:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

many dosses and fight !! (that diabetics are some fighters).The important thing is that they have removed and located in time !! kisses

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
12/14/2016 6:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.