Identify a virus that causes type 1 diabetes

fer's profile photo   10/23/2013 6:18 a.m.

October 22, 2013 • News diabetes

A group of Finnish doctors, according to the Medical Daily, claims to have identified a virus that causes type 1 diabetes, which implies five different strains of an integer, specifically, and that attacks the pancreas of a person closing their insulin and insulin producing cells andtherefore deriving in type 1 diabetes. However, investigations around this virus and its consequent applications to get a vaccine are detained for lack of financing.

After searching more than 100 strains, scientists working for the University of Tampere say they don't have enough information to start producing a vaccine to combat that virus and prevent the appearance of type 1 diabetes. However, their research not onlyThey are stopped by this lack of information but also by the lack of financing to continue with the essays of their scientific conclusions.

Professor Hyoty has been working with his colleagues from the university more than a decade to establish the causes of type 1 diabetes. Although type 1 only represents five percent of cases, the disease variant affects 17 million peopleworldwide especially during childhood and adolescence.

Type 1 diabetes differs from type 2 diabetes among other things in which a person with type 1 diabetes does not produce insulin at all, while a person with type 2 diabetes does not respond correctly to insulin.

A type 1 diabetes vaccine has already occurred and has been successfully shown in mice so far, says Hyoty.The next step must involve rehearsals in humans.However, team estimates confirm that the execution of the necessary clinical trials would cost more than € 700 million euros, an impossible cost to cover today."Money is the biggest obstacle to human beings at this time," said Hyoty.”The issue is of international interest, and people are interested in us.I feel optimistic that the financing will come. ”

fer's profile photo
fer
10/23/2013 6:18 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It seems incredible to read these things ... with the one of money that is stolen and is wasteful for bullshit ... and makes me feel helpless that people who really are interested in finding not a cure, but something much more important than it is to avoidThe disease, they are not given any kind of ease ... incredible ...

Thanks Fer for reconfirming something we already know ... :(

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
10/23/2013 6:40 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Intruders the money if they will have it but for what they want to them, they will think that if we are only 5% because they will do the same as they do not suffer so that to prevent something that they do not know what it is ...
Greetings to all !!!

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
10/23/2013 7:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What helplessness ... That's how you say, because it does not touch them directly ... if they would happen to them, their mothers, their children ... another rooster would sing ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
10/23/2013 7:47 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Money Money Money

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/23/2013 7:54 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I do not think that pharmacists interest a vaccine ........... more passes the strips, insulinas ....... etc. than simple vaccines.If I am interested, I tell you that the money would come out from under the stones.

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
10/23/2013 12:16 p.m.

I always thought that sooner or later I would have to leave the vaccine to prevent type1.But pharmaceuticals are not interested and they will not put a hard.That money would have to leave public health, and will come out, but much later than if it were an investigation subsidized by private companies from which they obtained benefits.
Although vaccines also give pharmaceutical benefits, because it would be a general vaccination in children ... it has to get ahead.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/23/2013 12:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

None of us cheat, since we know that pharmacists are the great scourge for the development of medical research.What we would have to do is fight to reduce the time of pharmaceutical patents, which is what the investigation actually lasts.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
10/24/2013 6:13 p.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Novorapid (a demanda con pauta 4-8-6) + Lantus (16)
Última glico 6,5
Colesterol e hipotiroidismo
Deportista aficionado de alta intensidad

It happens the same as with the meters.
It will be that I practically just started with all this and my point of view is different, but it really seems "archaic" that in the times we have to measure glycemia with the puncthacite in the dedor and the imprecise meter of the shift.And that does not save you from staying in the place, especially if you sleep alone, and you have the bad luck of having a night drop.

How is it possible that a bracelet watch is only marketed that provides a measurement although not invasive, at least to a lesser extent by internalization with some other minidispositive in the body?
I do not know where I read a couple of months ago, that Johnson & Johnson bought years ago one of those prototypes in order to put it in a drawer or in a paper ,,,,,,.

All this crowd has this and other diseases, (eg AIDS), just where they want it, in chronicity.Millions of customers, for life.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/11/2013 7:25 a.m.

The truth is that the worst of this is knowing that they play with our lives as they want ...

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/11/2013 8:38 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.