{'en': 'Diabetes and teeth', 'es': 'Diabetes y dientes'} Image

Diabetes and teeth

valky's profile photo   10/26/2013 9:56 p.m.

I seemed to read one day in a post here that diabetes also affects the teeth, is that true?

I have always been very sweet until I debuted at 30, I don't know if for that or by genes but I have many dentist visits always.

Now I have been with diabetes for 9 years and I am recently putting some implants, of two who put one rejected, apart from not healing as fast as a person without diabetes, and when they made me a bridge, now one ofSupport teeth, plus the other complication.

I have never associated diabetes to the dentist, just appoint it for the issue of anesthesia, that they did tell me that anesthesia for a diabetic was special, but nothing more.

What do you think?

It can affect diabetes to teeth, bones, to move more, or for implants ...

Thank you!

valky's profile photo
valky
10/26/2013 9:56 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

To everything.Diabetes causes an abnormal level of sugar in the blood.Even the person who cares for the most will have a perfect glygic hemoglobin all his life, because it is impossible not to have a little high sugar.

Having tall sugar in the blood is damage to the nerves, from there that the limbs, especially the legs, are the most affected (peripheral neuropathy).But it affects the entire nervous system and therefore also to the teeth, since without the nerves, the human body cannot transport nutrients and the parts where they do not reach, suffer.

There are sites more affected by others, for example legs, eyes, teeth, what we have between the legs, etc.Those are the first to be affected

farstar's profile photo
farstar
10/27/2013 12:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @values,

Here I leave a couple of threads that extensive information about the relationship between diabetes and dental health, I hope it helps you.

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/27/2013 6:28 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Special anesthesia for having diabetes?I had never heard

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/27/2013 6:41 a.m.

Well, thank you very much for the information, I thought that diabetes did not affect the teeth.The anesthesia told me a couple of dentists, as diabetes caught me just when I just changed my city, I was wondering in several dentists because I had to find one that gave me confidence and close to my new home, and 2 or 2 or 2 or 23 That I asked budgets when it was diabetic said that they had to go very carefully with anesthesia.To which I go now I am delighted because it is always very aware of how I evolve to an extraction or with the implants, and effectively told me that my healing evolution was a bit slower than in normal cases.
The worst of this era of chungos teeth, is food and rations, having to think what to eat soft and soft, but with sufficient rations, change of eating habits ...
Ale, I'm running to wash my teeth after my post-cena before bed: -Sss

valky's profile photo
valky
10/27/2013 8:58 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I have periodontitis because of the bad control of diabetes ... and I do not recommend it ... although sometimes it costs and overwhelm us ... do not stop controlling it as well as possible ... that then if it affects us other things,There is no turning back ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
10/28/2013 5:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Fully affirmative that affects the teeth ... I have had to get several roots (fix what I tell you, do not teeth) up to 3 extractions on the same visit, and I am 22 years old, it is all of the same, theAzucar pikes the teeth and end up falling by leaving nothing more than the root!The healing process is really good, my dentist had me there until he saw that he did not bleed and stayed hallucinated with how well he healed.The anesthesia that you tell me have not told me anything, they put it without adrenaline but because I also have hypertension.

anitaDM2001's profile photo
anitaDM2001
10/29/2013 11:41 p.m.

Hay que vivir con la diabetes, no por y para la diabetes...
DMI desde 2001
Levemir y Humalog
https://diabetica-mente.blogspot.com/

anitadm2001 said:
totally affirmative that affects the teeth ... I have had to get several roots (fix what I tell you, you do not teeth) up to 3 extractions on the same visit, and I am 22 years old, it is all the same, the sugar looks a lot at the teeth and end up falling by leaving nothing more than the root!The healing process is really good, my dentist had me there until he saw that he did not bleed and stayed hallucinated with how well he healed.The anesthesia that you tell me have not told me anything, they put it without adrenaline but because I also have hypertension.

It has also happened to me, I am missing two toothandDiabetes .... :( and I'm 26 years old!

vandorta26's profile photo
vandorta26
11/22/2013 3:57 p.m.

Debut en 1996.

Con mi Bombi desde Octubre/2013 con Animas Vibe.

With good control, nothing happens.My daughter has her teeth very well and 20 years ago she is diabetic.Of course, the annual review of the dentist does not jump it and they make a fluoration when it goes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2013 6:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, I also have peridontitis and the worst is the teeth in front!But it is my fault for carrying poor dental health for years and that nobody told me that diabetes affected teeth ...

They are still there but to know for time: ((: ((((

So everyone brushes your teeth pass the dental thread once a day!

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
07/18/2017 3:50 a.m.

I have had to put some dental implants, can it have something to do with diabetes?

laurasm's profile photo
laurasm
11/20/2020 5:52 p.m.

According to my dentist, it is proven that good diabetes control is essential for the mouth.And vice versa, avoiding infections in the mouth helps us a lot.Well not only with diabetes!It is proven that serious mouth infections can impact even the heart!

Oral health is very important not only for those who have diabetes

Good luck with those implants

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/20/2020 5:57 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.