Hello!I am new in the forum and mother of a 3 -year -old diabetic child

olgallg's profile photo   10/30/2013 9:09 a.m.

Hello everyone !!

I just discovered this post and I hope to learn many things and be able to help.

I am a mother of a diabetic child, yesterday he turned 3 years :)
His debut was when he wasn't 12 yet.

The principles were a bit hard, especially the day they diagnosed DM1, on October 8, 2011 (he still did not even have the year of life) since in the morning we went to two pediatricians and none of the two diagnosis diabets ..."Things of first -time mom with twins" one told me ... (no comments);And "gastroenteritis," the second told me ...

Thanks to the Emergency team of Mutua de Terrassa that from the first minute that he attended us they already had what happened.Entered with 700 sugar ...

Also thanks to the Pediatric Diabétes team of the Terrassa Hospital, where they transferred us from Mutua, for their support, their dedication, for teaching us so much and so much and for taking care of ourselves so well while we were admitted there.

Now, almost 2 years later, I still remember everything with pain, with fear of what would have happened if it had happened if we had not taken the child to the emergency room ...

And learning every day, especially learning from him, that being so small is so strong and brave that he even surprises me with his attitude !!

We continue in contact here to help in what I can and learn a lot and a lot of you!

A hug!

olgallg's profile photo
olgallg
10/30/2013 9:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the @olagllg forum !!!:)
Any contribution you want to make will be well received.Even if people do not write, I am sure that behind there are a few who need our experiences.
With respect to the rest, the important thing is not to look back, fortunately the little one will be great (infinitely better than us, right?) And that is what to see.
A hug for both

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/30/2013 9:33 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia!:)
Yes, better not to think about what would have happened ... only that he is fine, is very brave and that we can tell.
Every day you learn something new and it is always good to share it with others.All help, experience is welcome.
A hug for you and Angela :)

olgallg's profile photo
olgallg
10/30/2013 10:35 a.m.

Welcome to the @olgallg forum, I hope we can help you and also contribute your experience to serve other foreros!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/30/2013 11:22 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi @olgallg!welcome!This forum is great for us all, both to contribute our experiences and to learn from everything related to diabetes.Let him fist!:)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
10/30/2013 1:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hi Olgallg!I have visited this forum for a long time but I only read and the truth is a great help. Today has promoted me your comment to create an account and to answer your comment to what your story and mine are very similar.The same and the time of debut also glad to be in contact with people in my same situation and thus be able to help us among all, since you will be sane with me in K with this age it is very difficult to always maintain good levels. Thank you all theK you help and get us out of so many doubts that we face every day.

Michiquitin's profile photo
Michiquitin
10/30/2013 3:51 p.m.

Hello everyone!Velia, Fer, Intruda and Michiquitin !!:)
Thanks for your welcome !!Surely we will learn many of our experiences.

Michiquitin, I'm glad you were encouraged to write.Of course I agree that this age is very complicated to maintain good levels .. one day is perfect .. the next one hs a hyper that you don't know why ... you have not done anything different, you have eaten the same..

Just afternoon they celebrated the "Castañada" at school.His teacher, who is the one who does the controls gave only 2 chestnuts.
We had already talked to Xavi's doctor, we could eat 2 chestnuts, to see how he reached the snack ... and the 120 that arrived at eating ...
Even having nibbled 1 single chestnut ("I don't like them, mommy ..." He told me) .. I arrive at 5 in the afternoon to 350 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can it be if only 1 chestnut ???:( :(

I still don't understand ...

Let the day go well !!:)

olgallg's profile photo
olgallg
10/31/2013 5:33 a.m.

Welcome @Michiquitin !!!!:)

My daughter debuted with 5 years, now she is 15, and I assure you that nothing has to do with what we spend the first years with what we live now, and that she is a lost teenager !!!Apart from becoming more freely, they become more stable, their growth is lower, hormones affect them less, their behavior, their routines also become more stable, so time runs to your favor !!!!.
@olgallg, sometimes there are not many explanations, you do things well and the result is a disaster.Namely why he put that figure, those 350 could be simply for being so excited with the party!
A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/31/2013 6:41 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Olga, I also believe that this climb was not for a chestnut, it can climb because it has run a lot or has been excited a lot .. or for anything else.
Amales, children need more insulin as they grow, so you will have to go up the dose if you find two days in a row.
And, at parties, you can eat like everyone else, as long as you put fast insulin and calculate the rations.
A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/02/2013 12:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.