Where do you throw the garbage?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/04/2013 12:29 p.m.

I have already seen the subject that once opened to talk about where you threw the lancetas and needles ,,,, my question now is, where are you ever empty?, to organic garbage?, to the yellow container?, in thepharmacy?.I know it looks like a silly question, but I have no idea.

greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/04/2013 12:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

We take everything in bottles of water to the pharmacy.And for now he sneaks.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
11/04/2013 2:06 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Thanks for the answer.

DiabetesForo
11/06/2013 12:17 p.m.

I take the feathers to the pharmacy and the strips in normal garbage (not the bottle that also goes to the pharmacy);The needles throw them into the organic garbage because I don't know where I should throw them away.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/12/2013 11:50 a.m.

In the ambulatory they give me an organic waste container and when I have it full (needles, feathers and lancets) I take it and give me another

manolo82's profile photo
manolo82
11/19/2013 4:26 p.m.

I throw everything in normal garbage ...: S Nobody has ever told me that I have to take it somewhere ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/20/2013 5:11 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Intruda said:
I throw everything in normal garbage ...: S Nobody has ever told me that I have to take it somewhere ...
>

I do the same, I have never taken the garbage to the pharmacy ... In fact, first news about it, I will have to ask my pharmacist!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/20/2013 8:30 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Do you not know the Sigre point to recycle expired, empty and containers?, Because I carry the empty feathers of Lantus and Amaropid, as well as the plastic bottles of the glucometer strips and the cardboard boxes of said strips.
I think that recycling does everyone well but the needles throw them into organic garbage because they have never told me where to throw them although my brother with sclerosis has a container that they give them in the hospital.I might have one for mine, I don't know.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/20/2013 11:51 a.m.

They gave me a yellow cube that when I fill it, I take it to the ambulatory and there are the needles and the other bolis at normal trash.

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/22/2013 7:48 a.m.

Hello everyone !!From the beginning they gave us small yellow containers, such as those used in hospitals, for needles and strips.The empty feathers shot them in the trash, it never occurred to me to take them to the pharmacy.
The containers as they are filled are taken to the health center where others give us.It is supposed to be material that can contaminate and incinerate (at least they say, it ends in a paper, hehehe ..)
All the best

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/22/2013 7:49 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

I had never fallen on this issue.I shot everything in the trash.No one has told me anything about this issue, although the next time I go to the health center for material, I will ask.

DiabetesForo
11/26/2013 6:19 a.m.

I normally take it to the health center, which they have of those yellow containers.

USKA24's profile photo
USKA24
12/13/2013 11:53 a.m.

A few days ago he was a family health center to be given strips and needles for me and gave him a yellow plastic container to throw needles and all that.As they gave it to him and I did not go, I am not sure what I must throw.Is it to throw everything?Boligraphs, strips, needles and lancetas?Now I use a bottle to throw everything even the cotton pieces that I then cast.Do you also throw cotton?

DiabetesForo
12/21/2013 5:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.