Type 2 diabetes

nina45's profile photo   11/06/2013 3:43 p.m.

Hello.I'm new and my name is Balby.I am 45 years old.I have been diagnosed eleven months ago of type 2 diabetes. I am not a dependent insulin.I have many family history of diabetes in the family but almost all of the type1 and years ago with which I am currently lost.Any guide and advice are appreciated in advance.
My levels of sugar range between 126 and 160 (without increases or declines).Take metformin in pill with the three main meals (of 850).
What I am most lost is with the amount of carbohydrates that I have to take (especially at night that are the burns me and those who get most fat).I suffer from overweight as you can deduce.
Well, I think I've already told you what I wanted to explain.A kiss for everyone and even soon

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/06/2013 3:43 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Welcome Nina45 !!!!
Type 2 diabetics have to drink slow absorption hydrates and in moderate quantities .... Those containing fiber, legumes, etc.1 hour, it is also very important.I believe that at night a good salad, green leafy vegetables and some grilled fish or meat and a 0% dairy, a slicing slicing, if it is better integral, it would be fine to meet all the needs ... in everythingCase, it would be your doctor who could best indicate the diet to follow.
160 Do you refer to meals, right?
That said, here you have us for what you need.
Good night

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/06/2013 7:19 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

In my opinion you are at very acceptable levels, provided that 160 is not fasting, with only that medication of 850 metformin.
But my advice is that you work well your diabetes, to avoid going more and you had to become insulin in the future in the future, how much farther the better.
And that work is first of all to lose weight.Have willpower, diet and daily exercise, walking, static bike, etc.If you managed to reach your ideal weight according to your height, you may even even dispense with medication.
A hug.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/07/2013 3:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.Thanks to both for answering.160 sugar has been fasting but on the occasion for example the day after eating pasta or pizza.I usually oscrate between 126 (I have never come down from there) and 140 (I always talk about fasting values).
I usually walk an hour and a half four days a week although I am not at a fast pace because I also have fibromyalgia and an injured hip.I do what I can we are given my physical limitations.I discard exercises such as swimming because my rheumat does not feel too well the water.
As for weight ... it is my great lifelong struggle.I lose weight very well but unfortunately then I recover it.Anyway since he debuts with the sugar weights ten kilos (although it seems that I am stagnant there).Lately I am somewhat strict with the regime (I take advantage that my husband has cholesterol to put it straight to him also hahaha).
I have another great doubt.What better rice or potato?Of course I get much more sugar with rice and declare myself unconditional of the potato (baked or boiled, never fried of course).And you who think about it.A community kiss.MUAC

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/07/2013 5:46 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

Once you have clarified that the nivets you mentioned are fasting, I consider that they are somewhat high but not excessive in a diabetic.But the right thing would be to try to lower them.I guess you measure a while after meals.If you take enough hydrates and only with metformin, I imagine that at two hours of eating you can perfectly exceed 200 or 250.
My advice is to tell the doctor the convenience of moving to the upper level of metformin, the 1,000, to see what he thinks.
Well, I'm sorry to tell you that both rice, as potatoes, that are minimal amounts.They are foods with a high level of hydrates and in the case of the potato, if it is for example in puree, above rapid absorption.Be careful with these two foods and also with bread and pasta.Also try to do the physical exercise every day if you can.
In any case, all these issues will have to be your endocrine who regulates them.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo
11/08/2013 3:58 a.m.

Hello Miguel.Today I have gone to the header (and head of the Medical Center) and explained our doubts.He says that I am quite good because the type 2 diabetic that the pancreas works although slowly to recover its levels of sugar at normal after two hours, that is, if I am 140 at breakfast I still have there two hours after eating.Total that I have done the test and was 120 at six in the afternoon.
He has also told me that he has nothing to do with type1 with type 2 (while the pancreas still works).That type 2 is a medication of stimulation of your own pancreas.Finally, I have proposed to participate in a study with a new experimental medicine.A liquid that is injected (not insulin) and that regulates sugar while protecting the kidneys.Total that I have agreed to make a bunny of Indies hahaha.Everything is for the common good !!!
A strong kiss and thanks for your advice

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/08/2013 4:50 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

UIISSS forget to say that in December they make me an analytical to know how I am glycosylated glucose (or something like that) that is what matters to the doctor more than that of the punctual puncture (it is seen that it reports the glucose levels in aprolonged time).The first time debuts with eleven (which is apparently a lot) and the last time I was six and a half (apparently very well).Let's see how I am shortly.
As for the potato, rice and pasta.Just like rice and pasta once a week and cook it with a lot of vegetables (kitchen truquillos).The potato as more ... with the vegetable although I put a median potato for two people (and then not as bread).The bread I have not noticed that the sugar uploads a lot although I am dd bread eating, I barely usually eat snacks.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/08/2013 5:21 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Hi Nina.
I think you have it well controlled, although that high level still surprises me in the morning and then so optimal in the desktop.Mysteries of this disease.The level of glycosylated hemoglobin in eleven is really very high.Luckily you can remedy and the 6.5 is great.
Keep like this, with that diet, with the exercise you can, without relaxing the guard and so it will spend a lot of time without having to resort to insulin.
A hug.

DiabetesForo
11/09/2013 8:44 a.m.

Hello everyone!

My name is Lucia and I am a pharmacist in Madrid.In collaboration with laboratories and patient associations we prepare workshops and activities to inform and raise awareness about diabetes in Spain.
Thanks to these workshops we try to improve the treatment, care and information to the patient with diabetes.
For our next activity we need the help and collaboration of patients with type 2 diabetes who are under 50.
I would be very grateful to contact me if your case.(My email is luciav01@ucm.es)

Thank you very much to everyone !!

lcvnfarmaceut's profile photo
lcvnfarmaceut
12/01/2017 8:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.