Woman and Diabetes I

carmenrod's profile photo   11/08/2013 3:24 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am Carmen with diabetes for more than 10 years and with insulin bomb for 2, I am 38 years old.I would like to know concrete experiences: my doubts fall on how my glycemia varies with the hormonal-mestual cycle.In my case coinciding with approx.10 days before the rule I have a glu peak 80% higher, this is about 200-279u/dl.This affects me to treatment regulation for at least 2 weeks/month.
I think there is a very direct relationship with the menstrual cycle steroid hormones but I need to confirm it with other similar experiences and treatments, how do they solve it?If they have achieved it:-/.Thank you very much to everyone !!

carmenrod's profile photo
carmenrod
11/08/2013 3:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course, it is related, in my case, a week before I have more resistance and glucose higher that I solve measuring myself more often and correcting and as soon as the hypoglycemia rule lowers me, then it is stabilized until the next cycle ....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/08/2013 4:29 a.m.

@Carmenrod, it's normal to happen to you.In ovulation, insulin needs usually increase and during bleeding (rule) it usually descends.During adolescence I affected me a lot, and apart from other problems (polychist ovaries), I was prescribed hormonal contraceptives and I noticed that the cycles were regulated and glycemia also, still, during the rule I notice that the insulin needs descend a little,But nothing similar to what happened to me before.

From childbirth I have not taken again and I don't notice that I break down as much as before, but come on, hormones affect a lot.

tica's profile photo
tica
11/08/2013 4:31 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thank you very much for answering!They had told me about polycystic ovaries, I do not have that DTXO on the other hand, I had thought about hormonal regulation with contraceptives but the benefits in the face of chemical load ... it does not compensate for me.
@Tica How much do you make you light?
I have special interest in this because I am studying clinical diagnosis and I want to turn it into my personal project :)
I need experiences in this sense to be able to compare.I'm also mom @ica 6 years ago

carmenrod
11/08/2013 5:12 a.m.

Well, I gave birth on January 18.I was stained at 16 weeks, I am not sure whether or not it was rule.At 5 and a half, the rule came without a doubt.I continue with breastfeeding, so it is likely to have some anovulatory cycle, but at 5 months I did ovulo because they echoed those days.I have not noticed great change in insulin needs in relation to rule, he changed it according to what he eats or stopped eating the little one ...

tica's profile photo
tica
11/08/2013 7:20 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Of course, there is now compensation produced by other hormones in your body, plus the baby's milk consumption, do you breastfeed then?
These interactions cancel the resistance caused by steroids in their peak.
I know for example other factors: the exercise regulates me that almost uncontrollable super-pico ... because I also try what @prado uses and it does not work for me: I can be regulating every 2 hours, insufflating insulin, that the "door" does not open asIf at that time the cells did not recognize the medication, then I despair!:@

carmenrod
11/08/2013 8:29 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.