Presentation and first consultation

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/25/2013 1:38 p.m.

Hello. I just recorded, after several days reading and learning a lot from your experiences.
My husband has been diabetic for many years, but there are still many things that are still mysterious
My first consultation is referred to beer. I have understood a few CH but a very high glycemic index.
Is your consumption advised therefore?
Thanks and greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/25/2013 1:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, a beer, a 33cl can, has 1.7 rations of hydrates, to me the truth is that I do not feel bad, but one, not three or four, the soil to include in the hydrates of the next meal to know whatI have to put insulin.
I think that in theory the alcohol gives loss of sugar, I have ever drunk more than the account and the next day I had the sugar a bit uncontrolled.
Beer as it has little alcoholic graduation and is made with cereals to me that it compensates and all it does is climb the sugar.But the truth is that I am not an expert.
What I do is instead of having a beer alone, I drink it with soda, so you drink a little less "you cheat."
And something else, I don't know why, but Voll Dam beer, which has more 7%alcohol, gets less sugar than a normal one that has 4%or 5%.
Anyway, I believe that alcohol raises sugar very quickly, but as you upload it, suddenly lower it.The endocrine recommended that when it went to party and that, that it ate some carbohydrate, nuts or something, also that I did not drink but well ... occasionally some cubatas fall.

carloszgz's profile photo
carloszgz
11/25/2013 5:51 p.m.

Certainly, endocrine recommend that beer is avoided.Obviously, not all diabetics are the same and each case is a world.I do not think it is important to have a beer, and even two in summer when liquid is removed quickly, but it would also be advisable after beer intake to take a walk and burn some glucose.In any case it is easy to pull glucometer and see how beer affects him after having it.
I prefer a good red wine;It feels better and does not contain the beer sugars.
You have to be careful with alcohol, in my case if I have abused and taken two or three wines, I get in some cases down to 50. The reason is easy, while the liver is eliminating the alcohol does not produce glucose and thatdescent (in insulin -dependent).And once the liver has finished metabolizing alcohol, a torrent of glucose and the opposite effect occurs.In short, a glass, but without abusing to avoid these lack of controls.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/28/2013 3:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.