Impossible to carry good control

campanilla's profile photo   12/13/2013 11:12 a.m.

I have been taking it very seriously to have all this year to have good values ​​but I don't know what I can be doing wrong that I am not able to carry good control I am almost always 200 after suddenly lowers me to 50 but very very rarely I am amongThe 80-180 and I don't know what to do the most, I am weighing everything but sometimes I extend the rations and it overwhelms me a lot that tries so much and has no results ....
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
12/13/2013 11:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What insulin do you use?What schedule do you have?How is the last Hemo?Have you thought about using the pump?
If you do not get a good hemoglobin, you can request the pump.
Diabetes control is not easy, but the important thing is to get a hem less than 7.
If you are almost always above 200, you surely lack basal ... and maybe you have to eat something between hours to avoid hypos ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/13/2013 12:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The bomb proposed it about two or three years ago but I told them not because I was competing in dances and the costumes did not allow me because x all the sides were seen. Insulina Use Levemir that I wear 18 units at 11:00and 7 units the 23 and novorapid that I put 1 at breakfast 4. at food time and 3 at dinner.
My last hemo was 8.1 but the previous one was 9.2 so something threatened but I show me 2 perfect weeks and then it is totally out of control ...
All the best

campanilla
12/14/2013 5:37 p.m.

If you have dropped from 9 to 8 it is already a success!
I have never used Levemir, but I think it is usually 2 doses of the same amount or almost the same.You have tried the Lantus, I was doing badly, but there are people who are doing very well.
I am a little surprised by the small amount of fast that you put in meals ... I would say that you are left over and you lack quickly.What controls do you have in the posts post.I would start with breakfast: do you get well on an empty stomach?And the post at 2 hours?Eat the same for a week and see everything.If you want you can put it in the forum and we can advise you, a little ... does the endocrine let you change the guideline of insulin?

tica's profile photo
tica
12/14/2013 5:45 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I believe that my biggest problem is to tell the hydrates because more or less when as something that more or less I know what uploads that day, but you open that there are days in which although it eats the same ways it goes up differentlymanner.
In the meals post it depends on the day I am doing well or I am doing badly ... That is why I say that my biggest problem is to count the hydrates ... in the morning if I go to bed with less than 150 I arrived perfect in the morning, andIn the morning I wear very little because they have very little breakfast and I got quite well to food and in the food is the problem hehe that there are times that then goes up the fear of putting on more and there are days that I calculate more andI already have the low in less than 2 hours, and after there is almost everything bad because if I get off and as something later I get a lot and when I sulked myself from I keep it high already for everything that remains day...
I think that if I let my pattern change but I almost never change it for fear of doing it worse ...
In this week I will aim everything I eat and all the controls and I tell you how
Thank you very much and greetings !!!

campanilla
12/14/2013 8:49 p.m.

Although with current insulins we have the ability to adapt insulin to what we eat and it is not necessary to adapt what we eat to diabetes, I would try to eat every day more or less the same hydrates to calculate the necessary insulin, once you knowThat, you can get how much insulin you need for ration and eat whatever you want and put the corresponding insulin.
When I have had times of great instability, it has helped me to eat simple meals that find it easy to calculate the HC.For example pasta, or vegetable with potato (you have to calculate the HC of the potato) for breakfast a glass of milk and cookies, avoiding fats like butter ....

So you know, look for a good scale, notebook and ball and point everything!Do you have the Tables of HC rations for food?

tica's profile photo
tica
12/15/2013 4:32 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I have a table that I get online but I don't clarify much.
For example, if the X pasta every 100 grams are 79 of hydrates, do you have to divide 1000/79 for you to give you the portions ???
Tonight and died 100 grams of cooked pasta with tomato (Pokito) and chopped chicken meat, I had 143 and I put 3 of novorapid at the hour and a half was in 50 ...
I will tell you how I follow.
Greetings and thank you very much Tica

campanilla
12/15/2013 7:32 p.m.

100 grams of cooked pasta, they are 2 rations ... you have to take into account if the hydrates correspond to raw or cooked foods, which is not the same.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2013 7:59 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Apart from the hydrates you have to take into account the fats, proteins and especially the glycemic index ... the pasta has a low glucemic index, that means that it will not quickly upload glucose, it is likely that it is likely that theInsulin that you get takes effect faster than the HC, s you take and that's why you will stay in 50.
Apart from that you have to see how many units do you have to put yourself for ration, approximately, do you know?
And finally, I know that you are going to gym, so the days you do intense should see if you notice lower in the following hours, since the effect of the exercise can last until a few hours after having done it.
When do you start the course?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2013 8:04 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

And if we start from an approximate ratio of 1 unit per ration, if you took 2 rations of pasta you should have put 2 units, more or less ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2013 8:15 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I am going to attach the tables that I use, they are a little used because they gave them to us 10 years ago, how the debut and I just scanned, but they are good.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2013 8:35 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

For example in the tables it says that 3 cookies María are 1 ration, but I consider that there are 2 cookies 1 ration.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2013 8:38 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

And to calculate the rations:

For example, a 0% yogurt is 125gr weight.If in nutritional information it contains 4gr.Of carbohydrates, it means that those 4 grams of HC, S are for 100 grms of product (yogurt), but the total weight of the yogurt are 125 grams (No. 100), so we would have to make a rule of 3

100 gr of product ----------------- 4 gr of HC, S
125 gr of product ------------------ x gr of HC, S

If per 100 gr of yogurt.It has 4 gr of hydrates, then for 125 gr of yogurt (one glass), we will have x grams of hydrates

We perform the rule of three and for this we multiply in cross:

100 * x = 125 * 4

We clear the X:

x = (125 * 4)/100;x = 500/100;x = 5

Therefore, for 125 gr.The yogurt would be 1/2 ration.

@Campanilla to us in the hospital they put duties, not everyone knows mathematics, so they put us every day as a task to do 4 or 5 menus and tell the rations of each of them and the educators corrected it.So if you want you can do the same, prepare a few menus every day and send them to me privately, I see you until you dominate it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2013 8:54 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Let's see, I don't think you are explaining it in a simple way XD is easier than using "x" and clearing stories.

100 grams of pasta are 65 grams of hydrates.(The label says it)
How many hydrates are 80 grams of pasta?(The swinging says)

You always have to multiply your amount of pasta for the hydrates you know, and then divide by 100.

Example: 80 * 65 and then divide between 100. And gives you 52.

For these things you will need a calculator yes or yes.Sign up if you are an equivalence table of the products you consume most, in plan:

100 grams of pasta -> 65
80 grams of pasta -> 52
60 grams of pasta -> x
etc

farstar's profile photo
farstar
12/16/2013 10:42 a.m.

Campanilla, point what you eat, and you already know for the next time.Nor would we vary the dinners or meals.
And you are making a list with the most common dishes and the insulin you need for each one.
The dose of insulin by ration is different for each person and also depends on the basal you wear.
The tables are orientative, but they help a lot.If you look, all legumes have almost the same hydrates, so a plate of lentils, beans or chickpeas, need the same insulin, and almost the same as a plate of macaroni or 6 croquettes.

If I tell you the truth, my daughter puts the same insulin for all those meals with a piece of fruit.
At dinner, the same.And at breakfast, as always breakfast the same, because the same is also put on.Total ... In the end everything goes eye and goes quite well.
Of course, it is always measured two hours after meals in case something must be corrected.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/16/2013 12:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thank you very much to everyone, it is not going wrong, I'll tell you.
A question when you eat soup how do you know the ractions?
All the best

campanilla
12/17/2013 7:09 p.m.

It depends on the pasta you carry ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/17/2013 8:01 p.m.

In my house we usually make a handful of noodles per person more or less.

campanilla
12/17/2013 8:10 p.m.

Velia said:
Well the answer, @fartsar, I don't know if you have chafado, but the desire ... a little.One has some things to do and try to invest part of his time to help others, and come on, the last thing he wants is to read a post like yours, that among other things is the same as mine.

Let's see that I don't give up so much importance ... that I just wanted to help.If your example was also wrong, you put "x = (125 * 4)/100; x = 500/100; x = 5".That is, you put "/100" 2 times as you can see.Therefore, so that I do not know, I explained it again, I think, in a more easy way.Peace.

farstar's profile photo
farstar
12/18/2013 12:18 a.m.

Well @farstar, I have reviewed my post and I don't see that he duplicated anything or that it was wrong.I don't understand you .If you can explain well, so if it is true what you say I can edit it and do not take anyone error.
@campanilla, we must weigh, especially until you can calculate the rations to the eye ... some noodles, or rain, or any type of pasta are 50 grms.1 ration, cooked and drained weight.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/18/2013 4:02 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.