Another one.

Javitus34's profile photo   12/23/2013 10:09 p.m.

Good afternoon nights, I am Javi in ​​Madrid, a few weeks ago I was diagnosed in a blood test of Routine type II diabetes, the analytics repeated me 2 times, being the first of 146 mg/dl and the second of 168, I also got altered cholesterol, triglycerides and transaminases (an asquito we are going xD).

I have been controlling the diet, I try not to take refined sugars, I take a lot of vegetables (something I did not do), Danacol, but I have to put on the sport;These days ago I have done with a glucometer that they gave me in the Hospital Hospital Hospital (I have only done 4) being the results of 121 (this was fasting) and the others of 101, 97 and 99 (after about 3 hours laterof the last intake)

I have to comment that before I made me fine of Coca Cola and Red Bull (so I have finished) I already suppressed them with which the glycemia have lowered me.

Soon I have an appointment with the endocrine to see the treatment that sends me (I suppose it will be metformin), so nothing, your forum is helping me, I am learning things that I did not know.

All the best.

Javitus34's profile photo
Javitus34
12/23/2013 10:09 p.m.

Diabético tipo II desde Diciembre 2013
Metformina 850 mg 1-0-1
Última glicosilada: 5,7

Hello and welcome.
Your levels, in my opinion, are nothing alarming.Although you will have to depend on oral medication and have a discipline from now on with the diet and exercise.That poor diet, based on soft drinks with a high level of sugars may have influenced those levels and once you have good control with your diet, glucose, cholesterol, etc.
So do not be alarmed too much and new and healthy life for next year.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/26/2013 2:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for the answers, I am doing more glucemia, both fasting and postprandial, and usually mark the glucometer around 95-99 in all of them, I don't know whether to trust it, would it be advisable to buy a control solution in casePerhaps? Where could I buy it?

This is a bit straight hehehe.

Javitus34's profile photo
Javitus34
12/28/2013 3:49 p.m.

Diabético tipo II desde Diciembre 2013
Metformina 850 mg 1-0-1
Última glicosilada: 5,7

Those numbers are fantastic ....

glgmas's profile photo
glgmas
12/29/2013 5:08 p.m.

Yo, sin trampa ni cartón. A crystal-clear portrait of myself.
DM2 desde 1998. DM2IR desde Septiembre 13' Metformina/Sitagliptina + Lantus
Hemo Sep 13: 10,60
Hemo Dic 13: 6,40

I already signed myself, to have those glycemia.They are a healthy person, and perhaps your highest levels have been only sporadic consequence of the abuse of those sugary drinks.
If you want to contrast levels, just in case your failure failure, it is as simple as going to any pharmacy or medical office to do the test, a little after having taken the measurement at home, and so you can check if there are errors.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/30/2013 4:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.