Consultation for "bomber@s"

lalala8's profile photo   12/26/2013 5:09 p.m.

Good, I've been with the pump and at the moment the controls are going quite well.The guideline that I have of the basal is adjusted and I have had no problem.

The problem comes now, 4 days after the year.I am 20 years old and that day the same as in recent years I will come out, so that entails (put "monkey", transnochar, etc.) because I have been thinking of not using the bomb that night.I would like to use it throughout the day but take it around the 10th of Dec 31.and move on to the insulin bolis pattern he carried before.I put about 22u.Levemir in the morning and about 10 at night, in addition to the novorapid at meals.

Well, the plan that I thought is to put on the less that I would touch me at 10pm to have basal at night (because I do not hit very strong climbs) and also put on the novorapid that I need at dinner.Just as we did before, come on.Then the next day when I get up (without a trace of levermirs or novorapids) and put the bomb.

Is it very "madness"?I don't have my doctor's personal phone and it's on vacation so I can't consult him.And given the experience that you have many of you, I trust the opinions and advice you can give me.

Ah!The reason I want to "disconnect" a few hours is, first, because with the bomb when I go out I do not enjoy so much because I cannot forget that I carry it and I am pending all the time.And secondly, with the dress that I want to wear there is no way to put it on and be comfortable in addition to not being noticed.

Anyway, it is not a serious problem but they are things that concern people of my age, I suppose ...

Thanks in advance and happy parties to all!

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
12/26/2013 5:09 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

@Lalala8 For certain occasions the endocrine guidelines the combined therapy of bolis bomb, therefore it is not so madness, yes, I would not make that decision without talking to him, he will guide you better about the pattern of Levemir that you must put on ... thatThat the next morning you are already cleaned of a levemir, it does not have to be so, apart from the fact that there is no residual basal insulin, so you may need more to let it up when you disconnect it ... surely there is no way ofTake the pump?My daughter has dressed in straps and puts it on the fastener hooked and you don't even realize ... for very tight dresses you can wear leagues ... In such a little time to have put it on I would not risk taking it away ... in additionFor a fieston like the one you say much better is to get temporary basals to carry the situation ... and now the mother's vein will come out ;;) enjoy the night a lot, but do not forget to measure a little more often, althoughBe a pain ... Remember the treacherous is alcohol if proper precautions are not taken, eat hydrates while drinking, combining with sugary drinks and especially doing all this in moderation ... They are measures that will help you to make your endparty is more pleasant, for you and for those around you ...
A hug :)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/27/2013 6:56 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I think with Velia ... even so, if you take it at the end.I would disconnect a couple of days before, if for something it is better better to be at home.My endocrine told me that when I decided to take away the bomb, at least one week, it is not to dizzy the body.I have disconnected it several times for holidays on the beach, a week or a little more.With bolis it is usually necessary to increase the basal 20%.

You have another option, but you can't get distracted.Which is to take off the pump and every two hours put what corresponds to you quickly.I have done this too, even when I used NPH (the first time I did the Camino de Santiago, I did not click me slowly for the day ...).But you will happen to you once, I think it's the safest, before clicking, analysis, that there is hypo, you get less, no more ... but with alcohol and party in between I don't know ifI would dare.

Surely you can't hide it in the dress?To my carrying it in the bra It does not convince me because it looks (I have little chest) the most disguised area is in the hip, where, hooked on the stockings or in the panty ... Of course everything depends on the dress you wear, but test...

tica's profile photo
tica
12/27/2013 9:16 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks girls!The dress is quite tight and I don't find a way to hook it and that it is well but I think I will not risk.And more without consulting with my endocrine.Ayyy to see if I find another solution ... I will value the thing to take it out and put myself quickly every 2h more or less.If I see it feasible I will try it if I will stay as I am.
A hug:)

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
12/27/2013 10:32 a.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.