Hello from Asturias!

dieciocho's profile photo   01/03/2014 5:29 p.m.

Hello,
I am new in the forum and in diabetes,
I am 21 years old and enter this year's Christmas Eve at the hospital so I have only been scarce with the disease and 3 days outside the hospital, although it seems like a world ...
I sincerely believe that I get along, I try not to think much not to scratch myself but I have a lot of doubts, nobody has given me a lot of information and on the Internet it varies a lot ... so I focus on learning thanks to what you tell you in the forum.
I put 24 of Lantus (although the substitute for my header medical for me in the first consultIt goes from 220 even though I am there today I do not miss ...
I measure the sugar 3 times a day, as they have told me.

I have several doubts because I am very lucky that my doctor and my sick are not shaking the Wednesday of the next week and nobody has informed me of almost nothing ...

The doubts that for now worry me and that I would appreciate that you help me to solve is ...

-What should I eat before going to bed to make sure I don't have a downturn? This worries me especially since today I had 56 and I didn't notice anything.
-It is adequate a diet of 1750kcal taking into account that I work about 10 hours from Monday to Friday and my work is purely physical?
-For week breakfast at 7, on weekends I must lebANT to breakfast at the same time?
-DeBeria eat less if I have a high sugar for example at 180 before eating?
-DoSayuno Colacao 0 and about 6 cookies is accepted or should eko or milk alone take the paper with little information that they have given me?

For now I think only that hehehe, I feel if it's a lot but I hope someone can help me.

Thank you very much and happy 2014.

dieciocho's profile photo
dieciocho
01/03/2014 5:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum!

First of all ... a lot of encouragement!At first everything becomes a bit difficult, but you'll see how things are better understanding things and you get to know.

To start it seems to me that measuring sugar 3 times a day is scarce, and more now that you just debuted.I guess they will have told you to do it before meals, but it is also important to know how you are at 2 hours of having eaten to know what your insulin/rations ratio is.Did you have a diabetes educator?Did they explain well what the disease consists of?Did they tell you about the diet for the rations?

In my opinion, you should look at it:
- Before meals
- 2 hours after eating (this especially at the beginning, when you have taken the "trick" you will not need to do it always)
- Every time you feel "weird" to learn to know the symptoms of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia.If you have had hypoglycemia, you must measure 15 minutes after having eaten to see if you have traced well.
- Before doing sports, during, and then.

As you can see, the 3 times that tell you that you measure your sugar ... it's very little.You should talk to your doctor to give you more strips.

About your questions ...

- If I have understood the slow one you put it at night, in my case I have no experience because I put it in the morning, but if you need to eat something before going to sleep ... they would be foods of slow absorption, 1 ration or 1 rationand average.
- About calories up to day if you think it is scarce, and you consume a lot for work ... Do not stay hungry, eat what you want, that does adapting insulin well.
- The weekend it is not necessary for you to get up at the same time, but keep in mind that if you get up at 12:30 and you are going to eat at 14: 00 ... do not overlap the insulin doses of breakfast and food.Anyway you will get to know yourself and you will know what suits you (for example the slow one I put it at 8 in the morning, I put it on the weekend ... and I must eat a little without putting myself fast insulin and continuingsleeping ... because otherwise the slow thing begins to take effect and gives me a low).
- If you have the sugar at 180 or more before eating, you don't need to eat less.What you have to do is calculate the insulin that you would wear for that food, and put a little more to lower that excess of sugar you have.When I say that you get a little more, it is not by eye ... there is a formula to know how much an insulin dose lowers you, not all people go down the same.
- About breakfast ... In type 1 diabetes there is no prohibited food, if you adjust insulin you can eat whatever you want.What happens is that the COO tail has a lot of sugar and that causes you to raise sugar in very fast blood.This is a personal opinion, I would be taken more sporadically.

Well, I hope I have more or less resolved your doubts, although surely they continue to come more ... do not hesitate to ask again.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
01/03/2014 7:12 p.m.

Eighteen, when your vacation educator comes, he will inform you of everything, that in Asturias we have good endocrine, at least in Oviedo, who are the ones I know.

As Mimbek tells you, you should measure entities and after meals, and before bedtime.Point the values ​​and what you have eaten ,.
I don't understand that you get 8 from Humalog if you are more than 220 ??And if you are unless?Humalog always gets before eating hydrates and according to the rations you eat.
Colacao 0 is equivalent to milk alone, because it has no sugar, so you can take it without problems.
Try to learn how insulin and food acts, with the help of the glucometer.

As Mimbek tells you, he asks for more strips, because, while adjusting insulins, they need.And if you see that you have hypos at night, you can consult the lantus in the morning (my daughter puts it at 11h)

Much encouragement, that everything will be better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2014 7:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina are going to make me go down to see the moisters of the tail cao 0, because I would swear that I had!ha ha

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
01/04/2014 5:31 a.m.

The first welcome and the second, have you seen an endocrine?It is your header who has put the treatment?Because if so, it seems to me a nonsense or I have understood badly ...... I don't understand that they have registered in the hospital without a minimum of diabetological education .......
As you have told you here, the fundamental thing is that you measure before and after each meal to get to know how you are going to treatment and how food affects you.But it is your endocrine quen must advise you above all at the beginning, then you will get more independent.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/04/2014 5:47 a.m.

Thank you very much to responding, I am very calm to know that I have where to expose my doubts.

In the hospital they did not put an educator or anything like that, if they explained the disease and that I should follow a diet and they gave me a "culinary standards" sheet and a couple of diets but 1500 kcal and I do not think they serve me muchsince they sent me to follow one of 1750.
The sheet they gave me puts the food rations that I have to eat according to fecula, protein, fruit etc and the g of food, that is why I guided me ...
I don't know if this is what you mean by diet for Mimbek rations.

The sugar sent me to measure only before the meals and forgive in case Deliro but he told me that when I revised again I would see the effects that the high sugar has on my body and made me understand that he could know the values ​​that I had previouslysugar?!?
But I make more measurements a day, about 6 or yesterday 8 to make sure that I do not give me a low (which in total yesterday gave me 3).
Tonight they gave me two at 1:30 that I was still awake 062 and re -augueI had by hand.

If the slow night, at 21. The fast only if it passes me from 220, if I have less no and I still have no idea that it is to adjust the insulin according to the rations of meals ...
I am not from Oviedo.I am from a villa where there is only health center.

Prado did not see me an endocrine not yet, who put me the treatment was the doctor of the hospital where I was.
In the week I was, they treated me "well" and they mediate the sugar about 6 times although the doctor only spends 3 days to see me and apart from the information provided by the nurses did not give me more.

I remember that I have not seen my header or my nurse because I am on Wednesday, I hope they facilitate the appropriate information.
I have not yet made an eye background proof even being the first thing I affected, I have it for a month ...

PD: 0% per 100g packet contains 44 HC of which 3.5 are sugar.

I insist, thanks.

dieciocho
01/04/2014 7:59 a.m.

Yes, Mimbek, you were right, I thought you hadn't seen the 0, Sorry ...
Eighteen, you won't be from Llanes, huh?, I am from there.
Now I understand that the 220 is after eating and that if you do not pass from there you do not get humalog.Well .., it may only be enough for you with the Lantus, which is a basal insulin, but, if you stay hungry and eat more hydrates, you will have to put the fast before meals, if diabetes is type1.

If you see that you have hypoglycemia, you will need less lantus.You can download the units one by one.At the beginning of insulin treatment, the pancreas recovers a bit and goes through a period of "honeymoon" where insulin needs decrease.

I guess you will treat you a good endocrine and you will have a good medical follow -up.
The main thing is that you start to know how you react and what solutions the hypos as you are doing, and little by little you will control everything.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/04/2014 10:08 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

In blood analysis there is a parameter called glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C), which tells you what has been the average sugar that you have had during the last approximately 3 months.The values ​​that are considered normal are between 5%and 6%... in diabetics it is considered normal less than 7%.If you take the analysis of your income, you will surely see it.

On the diet, being a boy and working physically 10 hours ... It makes me a bit scarce 1750 calories.You have to worry about eating healthy ... but you never go hungry, you can eat whatever you want.Don't you have to put any fast insulin before meals?How are your values ​​after eating?As Regina says, you may be on a honeymoon and for the moment you do not need, but if you would like to eat more if you would need to put something (tell the doctor).

Another thing ... you left the hospital with insulin guidelines, but of course the life you made in the room (all the time in bed) is not the same to make normal life, where you are moving continuously, you work ... etc.From what I see, you have plenty slow ... you would have to go down units little by little until you find the right dose.And if they continued giving you dasses at dawn, you could consider putting the slow in the morning, but well that is the doctor who should say it.

The diet by portions consists in knowing how many hydrates are you going to eat and depending on that to put the corresponding insulin.
How much is 1 ration?There are 10 gr of carbohydrates.
To be able to count the hydrates, you would have to have a table where you come to each food (vegetable, pasta, rice, potato ...) for other things bought such as the COO tail that you talked before, some concrete cookies ... with looking at thePackage label is enough, you don't need to memorize each meal (although you will end up knowing hahaha).
And when you know since for example you are going to eat 8 servings, according to that you would have to put "x" of insulin.

On what breakfasts Cao Cao 0, + 6 cookies + 1 glass of milk ... Calculation that will be about 6 or 7 portions, and that without clicking you a lot.As I told you the COO tail, I would reserve it for whicwps, or for a day that you want.Before debuting it was one of which breakfast Cao Cao, now ... I take milk alone.
Depending on if 100 gr of Cao COO are 44 gr of hydrates, almost half of their weight are hydrates.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
01/04/2014 10:57 a.m.

I am not Regina, I am not from Llanes, I am from Tineo.
The truth is that I usually stay hungry or at least enter the h or at 2 hours ... it is as if I did not satisfy me and that I was never very eating.
In the time I was in the hospital, I was given two downsks by putting 22 of Lantus the first days, then I had it taller and they injected quickly, 3 different days, the 1st 4 dose and the two remaining 8 (never again the e position)... And I got the Lantus to 24.
Yesterday I put on 22.
When are you honeymoon, do you still need insulin?

My results yesterday were

01:10:29 - 81.0 I felt bad and look, this is 3h after dinner.
01:28:13 - 62.0
02:13:57 - 183.0
06:57:46 - 45.0
09:04:00 - 140.0
13:11:33 - 60.0 before eating
14:50:41 - 148.0
20:24:00 - 74.0 I felt bad and ate a tangerine and cookies, it was almost the dinner h
21:06:00 - 107.0 before dinner

Today measure before and after food and dinner.

Mimbek I don't put any insulin before meals ...
If they gave me a table like the one you say ... for example to the e eating H sends me 1 ration of feculas, 1 ration of proteins, vegetables at will, 50 g of bread and 1 ration of fruit and behind the g of the g offood equivalent to ration.
So you say I understand that I would be eating about 5 rations of HC, right?
But it also says that it is for 1750 kcal and 200hc so it is not what you say since I understand that what you say is universal and this would be the portions for that diet.

Thank you very much for the explanations, I already have it a little clearer and I think the problem is that as little.

Is it bad to chop off the hours?If you may recommend me to remove that gusa?
Another doubt that I have the pipes, it affects me if for example as half a bag watching the TV?and bag potatoes?scheme the songs of snacks type legs and these things do not know if I can eat them or not.
What do you have very few HC?

Anyway, I already want Wednesday to see what my header doctor tells me.

Thank you very much

PS: Thank you for explaining to me of the hemoglobin test since I had no idea and I already fixed that many you put it in the firm and already curious

dieciocho
01/05/2014 7:44 a.m.

I recommend that you see this video that someone put for the forum a long time ago where you are going to see everything a little clearer.

Link

Foods are divided into carbohydrates, proteins and fats.

Fats already know what it is, the proteins are (eggs, meat, fish, cheese) and carbohydrates all the remaining food (pasta, rice, potatoes, fruits, milk, legume, bread ...) say, whatThe only foods that you can consume freely are proteins ... and fats too, but well ... we already know that in moderation.

With the rations I see that you have some mess, but it is normal ... they have not explained anything!When talking about "ration" it refers exclusively to 10 gr of carbohydrates, it is not the equivalent of "a ration" of potatoes that give you in a bar (it is that when they explained this ... at first youSounds like that hahaha).Then, the same food can contain several portions in themselves ... for example, a plate of pasta that you usually eat can contain for example 5 rations, the 50 grams of bread that have sent you are 2 and a half rations, 1 glass ofmilk is 1 ration.

I give you the example of a meal:
A plate of lentils (4 rations), chicken breast (0 rations, is protein), 40 grams of bread (2 portions), 2 small tangerines (1 ration) ... in total are, 7 portions.

The peck between hours is not only bad, but you must do it.Over time you will end up learning when you can do it and the amounts.I mean that for example if I know that today I will not do anything and I'm going to stay in the sofa watching movies (as I am not going to burn glucose because I will be still) melting little ... 1 yogurt,But if I know that I'm going to be all the afternoon that I am not going to walk from one place to another ... Well, you can eat more.That in general lines, if for whatever I feel like snorting in conditions, because you are hungry that would eat to the kitchen countertop, you take, you put insulin and point.Above ... you will not go hungry!(What baffles me a bit is that by not needing fast in your case you don't know what you should do ... it would be something you had to comment with the doctor).
Concrete potatoes is a food that has many hydrates and goes up a lot, so eat half a bag so because it would not be recommended.If you have a bag at home, look at the label, so you are familiar with the portions.

Let's see, now it is important that you learn everything well, that you know your body, that you see how you react to certain foods, at first in my point of view it is when "strict" you have to be, but when you have everything learned ... YesAn afternoon you die from a bag of fried potatoes, or a donuts or whatever ... you eat it with the insulin, really you are not prohibited.

Another important thing is that you always have to carry with you something that rises quickly in blood.Azucar envelopes, Glucosport, there are also sugar gels that sell them in diabetic pharmacies.The juices also upload very well, the Coca Cola ... But hey, it depends where you will not be loaded with all that.

During the honeymoon, there are people like your case that do not need to get fast insulin before meals but in a time you will need it, and other people initially put a small amount and in the end they have to put more.The honeymoon process usually lasts for a few months, but I wouldn't know how to tell you either ... there are people who last 3 months, another 7, others a year ...

I have seen the values ​​that you gave yesterday ... you tend to be very low, I think you have slow but well, when the doctor sees you the Wednesday you explain and you will see what is best.

That said, what Tostón I have put you hahaha.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
01/05/2014 12:29 p.m.

If you have dropped from 180 to 45 at night, it is that you have one of Lantus, at least.
But when lowering the lantus you may need some of the meals, and you can eat more.
But little by little ..., I would get one of Lantus.
And you see how you are going.
If you start with good control, as you are doing, it is much easier for you to continue so and have very good glycosylated hemoglobin values.
You will see how you become an expert right away, then you are automating everything and is already much more bearable.
And new treatments and new insulin will be left that will facilitate life.
A hug and a lot of encouragement.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/05/2014 3:08 p.m.

God Mimbek de Toston nothing, you don't know how much I thank you!I learn every day thanks to you.
I'll tell you how I carry it, thank you very much !!!

dieciocho
01/05/2014 4:55 p.m.

At all eighteen, that's what we are for!1 year ago I was going through the same as you now, and I was lucky to explain it to me very well.It makes me angry that they sent you home with so little information, so you know ... Any questions you have can comment and surely someone can help you.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
01/05/2014 6:21 p.m.

The truth that I have been in DM1 for 9 years and now is when I am finding out more things with you.I would have loved in my beginnings to be able to read so many shared experiences to have learned before.I tell you an anecdote in case it helps you.In my principles nobody told me the importance of the areas where you click, such as if you are going to bike, do not click before in your leg because you are going to use it a lot and spend more energy out there and you may have a hiccup before.The first two years I almost always click on the gut, until a muscular lipodystrophicEndocrine when he saw him told me that he had heard of it but that I had never seen it!And that was about 60 years old!I was no longer very happy with my endo since he did not explain any diabetological education or anything, and less I noticed from the lipodistrophy.Then I asked for a second opinion and they already told me that it could be normal when always clicking in the same area, and to refill the fatty hole I only had to click on that area for a while.It took a year to have my normal triplet again, and that's why now, I punishes in my arms, at noon in the gut or lateral, at night on the legs, and the lantus in the rear, so I think thatI vary the areas more to prevent me from happening to me again.

valky's profile photo
valky
01/07/2014 7:41 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Hello, as for the Lantus, I also started putting it at night and took 2 comprehensive toast before I went to bed to avoid low, but I also had them so my endocrine decided to change it for the morning and it was much better.
It also seems very rare that you only get fast if you pass D 220, I agree with everyone that surely is due to the honeymoon.In my hard case more or less a month.
I find it very interesting what Valky tells you about the rotation of the areas to prick you.For example, if I broken a lot and I take into account what I am going to do, if you are going to exercise a lot of legs, do not click it there because it influences how insulin absorbs.I also take into account that it does not make the same effect if I click on my arms or legs that if I punctured myHe put a dose more.The important thing is that you know how your body reacts, each diabetic is a world for patience and a lot of encouragement!

Ana89's profile photo
Ana89
01/08/2014 10:12 a.m.

Ana, 24 años
Diabética desde los 12 años.
Bomba de insulina desde 2011. Medtronic
Hemo; 8,8

Hello, I am new in this. They have diagnosed my son diabetes. He has almost 4 years. We are a little scared. We would like you to talk to us a bit.

elrauli's profile photo
elrauli
01/08/2014 2:48 p.m.

Hi Elrauli, welcome.Tell us a little more (such as the child, his glycemia, his glycosilada, etc.) to meet you better and go through the parent section that you will find support.A kiss and a lot of encouragement.
P.D: If it serves as comfort I have my diabetic niece since the age of 5 and today is a beautiful twenty -five girl with zero complications.Have strength that the debut is the most difficult thing you will learn among all (the parents and the little one) to control it.A kiss

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/08/2014 5:08 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Welcome Elrauli.
Stop for the parents section Link and raises your doubts that surely they will help you a lot, there are a few parents with a lotexperience.
Cheer up.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/09/2014 4:21 a.m.

God, I wrote this the Wednesday and not day to send him !!
Thanks for answering!
I had no idea about not clicking on my legs if I'm going to exercise,
The rotar already intuited it, these days and proven different zones, where the truth is best to my legs.

Today I went to my doctor's consultation and my nurse, it is not that it enlightened me a lot, it was about 8 mint of consultation.
What did change the diet at 2225 kcal and I prescribe in case the sugar lowers me to click me ...
Nothing new, he told me that they couldn't risk the sugar, because I'm very young?!?I have to eat constantly at 2 h Max and still this afternoon I had it in 54 and before breakfast 45 ... and as double that before !!!
Honeymoon have not told me anything, I say that I would know?
Well on Monday I have consultation again to see my levels, I will ask.

Do you know any good book to inform us about our disease?
all the best

dieciocho
01/11/2014 10:52 a.m.

With those hypoglycemia, insulin is being left over.Lantus goes down.
That they meet with the endocrine, which is the one who has to treat you.
I guess they will have given you enough strips to make several controls a day.
It is important that you have antibodies analysis and peptide C, so that you will diagnose the type of diabetes you have and put the proper treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/11/2014 2:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.